The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

UGH....Cant win....aspire nautilus vs aerotank mega

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by frazz, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. frazz

frazz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    So in my search for tanks, I bought both the Aspire nautilus and the aerotank mega. of the two, the mega is he best to me.

The Aspire gives me dry burn hits often. I use a 70pg / 30vg blend...I guess it isn't wicking fast enough.

The downside to the mega???? It does not hold enough juice to get me through the day. I hate carrying juice. does anyone know if they are coming out with a mega+ anytime soon? I know they make a bigger tank..giant, but I think the diameter is too wide.

Ugh.

2. cjvdh

cjvdh Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2014
    PA
    Have you tried the new bvc coils in your aspire? I too have a mega and a mini aspire and both are great!

3. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

between these two the winner is......the joyetech delta. if holding enough juice is your concern it holds 6mm and with it's triple bottom coil it gives of more vapor and flavor than either of first two. it has a better and more precise air flow control. the coils are more expensive than the other two but -
    1. they all work-with the others so many are duds. much better quality control.
    2. they last longer than the other coils which helps negate some of the price difference.
    in total, the glass/stainless delta is the best pre-built tank/coil system i have tried(and yes, i have them all) and i hope people try them and see the difference.if not, at least i know i am vaping the best there is at this moment.....

4. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    You can top fill the Mega, which will give you some more capacity.

5. cocuZZa00

cocuZZa00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2014
    New Jersey
    Try the new BVC coils for the Nautilus and then tell me how you fell. I think you will have a change of heart.

On another note, I do like the design of the AeroTank much better but the new BVC coils are the way to go.

6. frazz

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I was unaware you could top fill this? How do you do that without it leaking all over the place?

7. frazz

Jan 15, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I will give the bvc coils a shot. I feel the same way about the AeroTank Mega, it is a much better looking tank... over all it just looks more quality built. But if it comes down to function over form, I have to go with function.. no point in something looking good if it doesn't vape well :)

8. maraud

maraud Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Delta huh, just looked that up. Triple coil?! Reminds me of the late 90s when AMD and Intel were battling it out for who had the most Mhz! ;)

9. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    ...or razors at the turn of the century. 5 blades yo!

I'm happy to see Aspire going back to a dingle coil on the new attys. I use single coil SMOK cartos in my IBTanked and have nothing but great vapes.

10. maraud

maraud Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    True that! LOL. Yeah just for giggles I pulled out my old MT3S single and was surprised how well that single coil "old" setup worked. Flavor wasn't as good, but definitely not something to just toss aside.

11. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
  12. Traijan

Traijan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2014
    USA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.