UGH....did YOU have side effects???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Browsing around tonight, just got my 901 yesterday and VG to cut 24mg juice from MyVaporStore, charged my batteries today and plan on trying this out tomorrow as I still have to cut the juice. The more I read, the more I read people having allergies, tightness in the chest, dream issues, sleep walking....yikes! People are reporting SE's showing up awhile after starting vaping.

I do see though that a good many people seem to vape um...non-stop during the day. I can't envision doing that myself. I smoke a pack or less a day. I don't smoke in my car, don't smoke in my house aside from right under the stove fan in the kitchen.

I'm wondering if the SE's are mostly with folks who vape all day long, how many people really have no issues at all with SE's. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be cutting the juice even more than 50/50 to be on the safe side.

Any input would be appreciated...

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Browsing around tonight, just got my 901 yesterday and VG to cut 24mg juice from MyVaporStore, charged my batteries today and plan on trying this out tomorrow as I still have to cut the juice. The more I read, the more I read people having allergies, tightness in the chest, dream issues, sleep walking....yikes! People are reporting SE's showing up awhile after starting vaping.

I do see though that a good many people seem to vape um...non-stop during the day. I can't envision doing that myself. I smoke a pack or less a day. I don't smoke in my car, don't smoke in my house aside from right under the stove fan in the kitchen.

I'm wondering if the SE's are mostly with folks who vape all day long, how many people really have no issues at all with SE's. I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be cutting the juice even more than 50/50 to be on the safe side.

Any input would be appreciated...

The only problem I had was a minor sore throat for a day or two after I started.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
I was sneezing my brains out the first 5 days or so using PG. Then my body became accustomed to it but I still have sniffles here and there. I actually made a post screaming where to get good vg flavored liquid but now the PG really isn't so terrible anymore. I just got my first VG based liquid from Johnson Creek. I am not fond of the flavor but I mixed it up a bit with RY4 juice from myvaporstore and it's totally doable.

I smoked exactly a pack a day of Marlboro Mediums. I first started off on 10mg liquid but went to 18 mg and it's perfect for me. I don't need a higher strength than that. I am very happy vaping. I vape in spurts. Sometimes I vape a continuous session just for pleasure but for the most part I have begun to forget about it. You will still have withdrawels from the other crap in the analogs besides just nicotine so you might be vaping all the time for the first couple of days but that is just based on my experiences. Yours may be different depending on your cravings.

Honestly, the side effects won't compare to those you would've had with analogs (like smoker's cough, waking up heavily congested, heavy thick plegm, shortness of breath, etc. )So think of the pros versus the small cons

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA

I'm vaping quite a bit. My side effects are;

Constant coughing has disappeared.
Shortness of breath has disappeared.
Blood pressure is down.
My wife says I don't stink anymore.
Teeth are getting whiter.

Major problems;
My hair hasn't grown back yet.

Everyone will react differently. Seriously, my throat used to get dry, but since I started drinking more fluids, that's no problem.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Honestly, the side effects won't compare to those you would've had with analogs (like smoker's cough, waking up heavily congested, heavy thick plegm, shortness of breath, etc. )So think of the pros versus the small cons

I felt withdrawl symptoms for the first month, but they were tolerable, so I didn't increase my nic. Worked out fine for me. I've cut down my nic, and vaping is totally relaxing now.

Kimpetuous

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Dever
Not only do I not have any SE's from vaping, but I have had a huge relief in the SE's from analog smoking.

I definitely don't do it all day, every day. I do it as much as I smoked analogs. About 1 1/2 packs a day.

I simply can't be convinced that vaping is not a significant improvement over smoking analog. Even with a side effect or two.

And this just in........saliva causes stomach cancer. ;)

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Phooey! The vast majority of so-called side effects I have seen posted on this forum, since I have been reading steadily going back to last October, were clearly attributable to withdrawal symptoms - nicotine and/or other cigarette chemical withdrawal symptoms.

The few exceptions to that have been some allergic to PG symptoms, which all went away when those involved switched to non-PG based liquids, and the relatively rare times when some seem to have gotten nicotine overdose symptoms. And a few seem to have problems when a high percentage of VG is added to their liquid.

And some, quite frankly, were psychosomatic, IMO.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
No negative symptoms at all and, honestly, I don't know what you've been reading. Only a few people I've seen have had any symptoms at all and most of that is dry throat which a glass of water can help with.

I don't ever cough. Ever.
I feel great.
I got my teeth cleaned a month ago and they're still white
No smell.
My sense of smell and taste are finally returning (very slowly).

I love vaping. Wish I wanted to stop altogether, but I don't. And, now I don't feel as if I have to.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
No negative symptoms at all and, honestly, I don't know what you've been reading. Only a few people I've seen have had any symptoms at all and most of that is dry throat which a glass of water can help with.

I don't ever cough. Ever.
I feel great.
I got my teeth cleaned a month ago and they're still white
No smell.
My sense of smell and taste are finally returning (very slowly).

I love vaping. Wish I wanted to stop altogether, but I don't. And, now I don't feel as if I have to.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion/7248-wierd-breathing-problem.html

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
I never saw that thread before. Thanks for postng it. but, really, I think that's definitely in the minority. It's true there may be others who didn't like it and never posted. That's likely, too. But most everyone here loves vaping. And, a lot of people come on here before they try it like you did, so they are likely to post if there's a problem.

Well, let us know how it goes and good luck.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
At the beginning, I did cough a lot - clearing up all the nasty from my lungs, I guess... It was different than regular smoker's cough though :) Much better now LOL

Some skin troubles ... that's gone.
Sore throat.... That's gone too
Dry, chapped lips.... .gone...

Now, all is well!!!

IMHO, the side effects were very mild and totally worth it. :D

Hope that helps!
-rita

kr0nicle

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
a
well i've only been doing the e-cig thing since last friday.. about a week ago, and i only figured out how to really get good use out of it until a few days ago when i found this site. anyways been 3 days since i have had a real cigarette and the only side effects i have experienced are a little bit of sneezing, runny nose, and dry throat. the sneezing and runny nose can probably be attributed to all of this pollen though.

gnsmith

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Springfield, Ohio
I'm vaping quite a bit. My side effects are;

Constant coughing has disappeared.
Shortness of breath has disappeared.
Blood pressure is down.
My wife says I don't stink anymore.
Teeth are getting whiter.

Major problems;
My hair hasn't grown back yet.

Everyone will react differently. Seriously, my throat used to get dry, but since I started drinking more fluids, that's no problem.

Same here except my hair :rolleyes: Sorry Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread