Status
Not open for further replies.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi grruss, Yes save the liquid. If you have a syringe it would be the best way to capture the liquid. If not you will have to slide the carto down until you can tip it back into an EMPTY bottle(if you have any). When this happens to me i try to not let liquid thats been in my tank mingle with liquid that has not. Its probably not going to hurt anything if you have to but once it leaves the bottle i try to not put it back in there. There is no real justiicetion for this but i just dont want to cross contaminate just to be extra safe.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Do this over a paper towel in case you make a mess and be sure to have your new carto unpacked and ready to go. Use a vinyl glove or just a piece of plastic bag to cover your finger. Pull the carto out slowly until you can place your gloved finger tightly over the top hole of the tank. Now tilt the tank so that the covered hole is on the bottom and pull the carto out from the top, leaving the juice in the bottom. Now insert the new carto from the top until it almost contacts the liquid, then tilt the tank back around. Push the carto up the whole way and you've at least saved the juice in the tank.

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
Do this over a paper towel in case you make a mess and be sure to have your new carto unpacked and ready to go. Use a vinyl glove or just a piece of plastic bag to cover your finger. Pull the carto out slowly until you can place your gloved finger tightly over the top hole of the tank. Now tilt the tank so that the covered hole is on the bottom and pull the carto out from the top, leaving the juice in the bottom. Now insert the new carto from the top until it almost contacts the liquid, then tilt the tank back around. Push the carto up the whole way and you've at least saved the juice in the tank.

Thanks for the advice, all. Cyberwolf, yours was perfect, as the tank was empty enough I was able to slide the new carto in the other end of the tank without rubber gloves and without losing a drop. I knew I had come to the right place!

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, you can save the juice that's in the tank. Unfortunately what's inside the carto is lost as it would only taste burned if you'd try to get that out..... Don't know what tank you're using but you should be able to suck most of the liquid out with a syringe and needle without having to pop the caps (Unless you got a Phiniac tank, that's easy, just open the top cap and pour out the juice..... :)

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Why don't you push the old carto out using the new carto? Fix the battery end of the new carto in the mouth end of the old, then push a little. Then turn the whole thing so that the battery end is upwards. Then push it all the way. I was able to do this several times...

Actually, this would be much easier, depending on the tank. Most of mine are dual coil tanks, so the tanks have an indentation on the bottom for the plate on the carto, making it a one-way deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread