Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
As I just pulled my 510 cartridge out to fill, the poly got caught on the atty and pulled the silver wire mesh off of (what I believe is) the "bridge". The piece that fell out onto my desk is about 1/8" long by 1/16" wide.

Thinking I was either going to get nothingness (again) or possibly a minor explosion, I closed my eyes and vaped. Lo and behold, I still have vapor and taste!

Am I risking disfigurement if I continue to use this atty? My 510 has been a salvation in quitting the analogs but the attys are the nemesis in this journey.

Anyone else have this experience or is willing to advise me to goforit?

TIA, Jan

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
You can keep using it as long as you drip into it instead of using a pre-filled cartridge. The purpose of the bridge is to wick the liquid from the cartridge but if you put a couple of drops straight into the atty, it should work just fine. There is a thread about pulling the bridge out in order to ressurect an atty. If I find it, I'll post the link.\

Edit: found the link http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/56499-510-atomizer-resurrection-mod.html

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
Thanks for the link, Prehoda. Just used mega flashlight to find that I only lost about 1/2 the mesh so that must explain why the vapor and taste are still OK.

Think I'll put this atty away and use for emergencies only. Off to search for a multi-pack for backup.

I have made an observation that my 510 attys with the wide gold band work flawlessly where as the ones with the thin band have died. Ya think it's just the luck of the draw or an important design feature to look for when purchasing?

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread