UK
    I'mma gonna go full on Sufi hairpieces for chicks
    There is always an option to go Full Britney
    0_PAY-Britney-shaves-her-head.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You never go full Brittany. There just no coming back from that!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

God, I kind of hate that she's bipolar she gives us a BAD name but what can you do? I definitely empathize with her symptoms.

I went bald twice. Once in HS I dyed my hair full on black form a box. It was not good, I had all but the stubble shaved off. I though I looked like a gypsy princess dude, but my BF thought I looked like a "little boy" so I got dumped (to be fair, his parents were "Married but my partner is also gay." Part of a SUPPROT group even. I have no clue how you manage that. So I think I tripped his "I am afraid I may be gay because his dad is, seriously," trigger.

Still lucky escape.

I was also bald in college for a while, and I would dye my bangs different colors.

But like, this was all before dx so I can't blame that. I also looked great, I have an awesomely shaped head with a few cute scars! Really! :LOL for a while I owned hair clippers.

I WOULD SHAVE MY HEAD FOR COVID 19 IF IT DESERVED it but it Doesn't especially when I am doing it for a pathetic paper face mask where I get ONE a day. NO thanks.

LOL however.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Mentally unwell people deserve compassion and care, not mockery.
    Look at Amy Winehouse. When she was at the height of her illness and drug addiction ridiculing her was almost a daily occurrence in the media. It's not rocket surgery, what the media does tends to validate that behaviour amongst the masses.
    I'm not having a pop at you dreamvaper, I'm just really touchy about this subject.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Full face respirator masks totally suck. To be fair, I find the um, paper ones that are disposable rather annoying.

ALSO I forgot my damn HAIR, they give us (staff) ONE paper respirator mask per day and like it lives inside a paper bag in a drawer. I would consider this the WORST use of a mask ever, it is going to collect germs over the course of a day, HONESTLY. It's probably worse than no mask at all other than I don't touch my face.

But yeah I have chin length bangs, man, they are SO ANNOYING to deal with. First I Tried Paperclips (First upon realizing it.) I don't recommend this method.. Then I tried a head band with like actual hair clips. My hair STILL looked like wild pigs had tromped through it full force, by the end of the day.

I'mma gonna go full on Sufi hairpieces for chicks, I have a bunch. From being a dilettante. But I totally give up. I hope no one actually identifies me as a Muslim but I bought unconventional ones.... because I did not want to self identify as one since I am technically NOT one.

My biggest worry is wearing one will cause getting triggered into like, well more religious and less spiritual .I was shocked the UK did this and it wouldn't shock me it is JUST because the UK does everything the US does, like fairly a lot. I get we won the war (twice) but REALLY UK you don't HAVE TO, life is not a game of Simon Says (well sometimes I think it is.)

Anna

Not to overstep my bounds but i think you would totally rock with the ''Ripley'' look ;)

weaver-alien3.jpg.480x0_q71_crop-scale.jpg

screw Britney,Sigourney is the only one that pulled it off properly.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Update for folks, these places seem to be doing online business.

Ziggicig, vaping 101 and Evolution vaping.

And I was just thinking about how much more uncomfortable that would make folks feel @sonicbomb, especially when you go near the coffee that has absorbed how much solar radiation when it has been growing.

At least people would give you a comfortable distance and a large one at that.

an email from alchemists cupboard 15% off this week? Maybe it a week from now, if not. Better get on with it

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I know what it is. I'm trying to understand why you think it offers better protection that a military grade full-face respirator?

Oh, I think a full face respirator can be superior, so long as it has the right cartridge. Some are filled with lots of charcoal to filter out chemicals. Other cartridges do well with particulates. Perhaps I should have been clearer it was in relation to a standard surgical mask, which offers minor protection, at best. A surgical mask does work covering the mouth an nose of someone infected to decrease transmission, but not to a person uninfected and around un-masked sick people.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Oh I think you can make fun of mentally ill celebrities. Like Sinead O'Conner there was another balidy (who actually came to a tragic death.)

IDK I'm not that touchy about Mi but I make fun of myself all the time.

I will say, Brittany Appears to be Better, which I am pleased with. She DID give BP a bad name.T

There are others I treat with reference though like Hugh Laurie who h as Bipolar dx too. He has never set a foot out place and is Very Much Awesome. There are tons of others and well, I will say I find Brittany a pain more for her childish unwillingness to get treatment although I guess she WAS young.. I was just lucky I guess my first episode was so severe and terrifying and I kept seeing BP folks returning "because I stopped my meds." I HATE hospitals (unless I am holding the keys) so like, I vowed then and there, "that will never be me."

IDK Linsey Lohan is the one that got to me, such a beautiful girl and so terribly messed up. The media really milked that one. But I don't much care, though, I think it's fine. Being a celebrity puts you and your business out there and as far as I'm concerned, it is the price of fame, etc.
    But I veer, sorry. Hope you UK folks are hanging in there.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Anna, maybe you could find this kind of headband?

upload_2020-3-27_15-29-25-jpeg.877089

That is sort of what I had (minus buttons) but even with hair clips it won't stay put my dang hair is so slippery. I know how tor rock a jillion different ties for sufi hair things all day long and they stay put. I even have a couple that are PRETTY.

My bifocals came I am afraid to try em, like 'Do I need another change?" Sigh. Completed 39 notes by midnight very unheard but I was at it all day. Today may be for resting dude.

Anna

Reactions: Qew

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Caution urged ahead of 'critical week' as lockdown eased - live

I look at numbers, yesterday official new cases +1,604 new covid deaths +215

Too early to return to a normal life IMHO. The worst thing we can do now is to remove all measures and getting another spike making all previous sacrifices we've done in vain.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @dreamvaper, according to interpretation and evidence there wasn't really a lockdown in place. As the police haven't really enforced it as the law states.

Then you have high ranking individuals basically wiping their butts with said laws, which sends completely the wrong kind of message to the public.

But then again. All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

So the police don't give a damm about anyone it seems, including all of the individuals that make up the NHS.

Also it seems as though Bojo hasn't a clue what the hell he's doing.

Personally it may well have been a better if not somewhat unethical to have not implemented lockdown and refuse to treat SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 infections, then let nature take its course. Maybe folks would adhere to lockdown and social distancing, as I think that they may demand it when the death toll rises to a significant level for them.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    @dreamvaper, according to interpretation and evidence there wasn't really a lockdown in place. As the police haven't really enforced it as the law states.

Then you have high ranking individuals basically wiping their butts with said laws, which sends completely the wrong kind of message to the public.

But then again. All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

So the police don't give a damm about anyone it seems, including all of the individuals that make up the NHS.

Also it seems as though Bojo hasn't a clue what the hell he's doing.

Personally it may well have been a better if not somewhat unethical to have not implemented lockdown and refuse to treat SARS CoV-2/COVID-19 infections, then let nature take its course. Maybe folks would adhere to lockdown and social distancing, as I think that they may demand it when the death toll rises to a significant level for them.
    Yeah, that would be a WHOLE lot unethical, lol. I understand how some might temporarily feel this way given the circumstances though.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    There are really only a very few countries that have enforced a lock down let alone social distancing measures. The ones that are "written" and not enforced tend to make things look worse than they are.

AZ (as far as I can tell) has no more lockdown measures other than most stores have bits of tape on the floor like, to "enforce" six feet at the registers in case the cops come by.. I got a few more masks from the hospital, I am trying to do my bit on the very rare occasions I go out, mainly because I don't want to infect someone. I have probably been MORE careful since being dx with it than prior when I was healthy. Of course, it is hard to use PPE you don't actually HAVE. I sort of fatalistically accepted I was like, gonna get it.

Anna

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture