• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UK Member's. This is Your Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
As the rest of ECF now has been taken over by the USA and the forum is mostly only interested in their present woes and petitions and arguments, it may be a good time to build up and use this forum for us UK and EU members.
As our input is not wanted or welcome by the US forum we should start to use this forum much more. That way we will be able to address the issues and questions that are only relevant to the UK and EU.
deewal

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
As the rest of ECF now has been taken over by the USA and the forum is mostly only interested in their present woes and petitions and arguments, it may be a good time to build up and use this forum for us UK and EU members.

~ Well, I think I'm very interested in their woes. I share their fears and hopes.

As our input is not wanted or welcome by the US forum

~ Not sure about that, Deewal. And I don't see it as a US only forum.

we should start to use this forum much more. That way we will be able to address the issues and questions that are only relevant to the UK and EU.
deewal

~ Now I'm 100% in agreement there -
perhaps Smokey Joe could make it outside the Today's Posts, like the Frenchspeaking group is. Nothing they post is viewed by the whole of ECF. What do people think?

There are 87 of us so far, btw.

:)

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
I certainly agree with deewal that this UK forum is grossly underused and I think that ECF is a much less nice place to be now, than it was a year ago.

There are far too many newbies who can't be bothered to do their homework by searching the forums, consequently the same old questions keep being asked time and time again, and the worse thing about this is that a lot of the advice given is, totally conflicting.

In the modders forum, the wheel keeps being re-invented and, apart from a few, very notable contributors, who are meticulous in explaining their experimental results and answering newby questions, most of the posts seem to be designed to inflate the postee's ego. (no doubt I shall be accused of doing that very thing here, but don't bother, as I really don't give a toss ....)

As the volume of posts is now so large (and, for the most part, much less helpful) I can no longer afford the 2 hours or so a day it takes to get through the mass of post the site is now generating, consequently I would love it if this UK forum could be used by UK members (and other's of course, who are interested in what we are doing) to air all the subjects relating to e-smoking, that are of interest to us in GB and Europe - I think we'd need a few sub forums, mods, hints and tips, home recipes and a general chat section, plus a few other maybe.....?

How about it SJ?

BettyRedondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2008
Bournemouth England
I have to agree with the previous posts, it would be nice if this little corner of the forum was used more. The forum has grown so much since I joined and the friendly support we all enjoyed so much seems to be turning into a lot of sniping, ego massaging people who must be heard (I know that it is a bit of a sweeping statement but it is how I perceive it, even if I am wrong). Perhaps like Caesarea says if SJ could take our little group outside it would be better , not so we can have a go at other members from outside the UK/EU but so this area could relate only to matters affecting our area. I am going to give this a go, I hope you other UK members will do too and perhaps we can get some good discussions going with less of the 'tat' :)

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I have to agree with the previous posts, it would be nice if this little corner of the forum was used more. (big snip)
this area could relate only to matters affecting our area. I am going to give this a go, I hope you other UK members will do too and perhaps we can get some good discussions going (snip) :)

See the Discussions Facility within the UK Members forum. If we use that for our specific UK interests/topics, we will not be boring the rest of ECF to death

;)

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
As our input is not wanted or welcome by the US forum we should start to use this forum much more. That way we will be able to address the issues and questions that are only relevant to the UK and EU.
deewal

I am sorry you fell that way but in respect to Uk and Eu members wishing to have thier own section. i will only say one thing that is have fun with it but please dont assume every yank is the same. some taste better with a honey rather then vingear. ps please forgive i stink at spelling. so of yank can come across in the wrong way i will give you that but so can everyone else in the world regardless of where there from. take Trogg for example... but kate can speak to him better then I.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
have fun with it but please dont assume every yank is the same. some taste better with a honey rather then vingear. ps please forgive i stink at spelling. so of yank can come across in the wrong way i will give you that but so can everyone else in the world

Hi there Lordmage.

If I called Spock honey, could just see him quirk his eyebrows and think "that does not compute"...
Only kidding.

Yep never judge folk by their flag - big mistake. I just have to think of a few of our Prime Ministers!!!!! 8-o

Vapers are mostly (but not 100% of course) my favourite sort of people, wherever they are.

Where I live in the UK I have trouble keeping informed with what is going on in London or Edinburgh, let alone in the US or Aus or Canada or indeed anywhere, so I am really keen to stick my nose in everywhere, whether it's the UK or the US or any other place where people vape, and find out!

*Raises cuppa tea in salute to the entente cordiale of Vapers.

:)

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
AudioBoo / Electronic Cigarettes & E-cigars

This is all i could find. The guy's name (who is selling it) is Adrian i think and there is a photo of him . It's not Anti but i wish he had been a bit more explanatory about the Big difference between the Smoke that comes from a Cigarette and the Vapour that comes from the E-Cig.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Joe has started a National Forums area now but it looks like only Australian, Canadian and UK members are important enough to be given a room ;)

I'm just moving any user-created national forums out of the social forums into the national category. It didn't seem sensible to accord the same thing to the US social forum since the majority of the users of ECF are US based anyway - if I get objections I will, of course, reconsider.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
The fact that I've only just found this place just goes to show the overwhelming size of the ECF forum today!

Although exponential growth is good in many ways - especially for general acceptance and spreading awareness of our 'dirty habit', it has certainly made this forum a lot more impersonal.

Good move all round! :)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Well, I would say 'nations that have enough members here' (and ask for it perhaps?). I hardly think the 3 russians, 6 japanese, or 5 dutch would have much to discuss in their 'own rooms' for instance ;)

Edit: A related question for Joe: When on the main-page, and asking at top-right for 'new posts' - you get all the new posts on the forum (well, except the seperate rooms now). That's fine, the way it should be.
When you go to any sub-forum, and then choose 'any posts' at the top-right - you again get ALL posts from the forum. This is less fine, I think.

Would it be possible for the software to give 'all the posts' in the sub-section you went to? I think that would really help in keeping overview of what comes in new - as it is now, before I can weed through the 15 or 17 pages of new posts to find what interests me, after which I can say 'mark forums read' - so much time has elapsed, that many posts have been made while I was weeding... so in fact I would need to do 'all posts' again leaving all posts I don't want to read in, without marking them out, to catch those new posts that came inbetween.

This would be evaded if I could go to each sub-forum I find interesting in turn, and then just weed through new posts on that part... then go to the next, etc.

(Hope this sounds understandable...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread