Ultimate carto review + ego-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakd

Mar 13, 2011
USA
ok this is my first review, my intentions for this were not to just write a review, i was just trying to find my perfect setup and figured if i write a review i might be able to help others find theres. i have tried carts and dripping but cartos work better for me so im trying them all.

Lets start with one of my newest cartos (only had for like 2-3 days so cant say on longevity) the smoktech duel coil mega cartomizer and smoktech duel coil mega clearomizer. i would like to thank the guys at c.c.v. for the contest that got me these. first impression: love em. if your a fan of any regular cartos you will love these. works exactly how you would expect any product to work perfect. theres really not much to say about them besides that. i took it out of the box filled and vaped. awesome flavor, awesome vapor. the clearos also have a more forgiving tube then the ce2s, seems like they give a little more and would be less likely to break or crack. now that being said i have not taken one apart yet and i only have a couple days use on them. the only drawback i had with the clearos was the whistle tip that came on them kind of restricted airflow, but it worked good on strong mint flavors to get less burn and th. i would recommend these to anybody for ease of use and quality of the product. from the small amount of time i have had with these i would give them a 10/10.

now well go to my second favorite ce2 clearomizers by royal smokes. i purchased these from m.v.s. I actually hated these with a passion at first, but im cheap so i was gonna find a way to make them work. if you dont mind the having to clean and mod before using these then you might like them. after taking the bottom rubber o-ring type deal out i got them to work pretty well. i get awesome flavor and vapor out of them and i have only thrown a couple away out of around 2-3 weeks of use. the tubes are weak, if you put your pv in your pocket or you dont want to take the time to fix the problems in them first i would definitely not recommend these. on the other hand when they work, they work pretty well. i would only rate these at a 7/10 just because they dont work correct out of the box.

now im gonna have to throw a curveball here and get away from cartos for a minute. the ego tank system. i got my ego-t kit from m.v.s. when i purchased the clearos. overall it is a good setup. i never had any leaking problems that some have, i did have some dry hits though. i found that if you puncture the tank first and make sure you pull all the plastic that you just punctured off of the cap it helps eliminate the dry hits. the tank system seems to be a smoother vape, very good for the really strong mint/menthol flavors. i still love the tank system, i get above average flavor and th (not quite as much as the duel coils or ce2s) and great vapor. these are very easy and quick to refill and change, overall i give them an 8/10

last, and last for a reason, the vortex. oh how i dislike the vortex. the main thing i dislike is the price compared to longevity. they are made for about 5 fills (according to one of the guys from g.v. saying he would fill 4 times, clean, fill one more then throw away) ok they produce an above average vapor stock, and worked awesome out of the box, but im cheap and i dont see spending $12 for something that is only supposed to last a couple days. i tried modding them by taking the filler out, which worked until to accidently touch that little pipe and they leak. you cant really break the glue on the bottom and expect them not to leak, it just aint gonna happen. i got through my 1st refill after modding then lost the next 1ml? i think. the cap wasnt too big of a problem for me, just like the clear duel coils i just changed it and i was happier with it. i did notice that juice wouldnt burn so quick while using them which was a big plus because less juice = less money spent. overall i wouldnt recommend these, but i will still give them a 7/10 because they did work above average but i cant see spending the money on them compared to a pack of cartos that last me over a month and there are better choices.

im going to leave regular cartos off because everyone has there preferance on which ones they like, but i will say i like the smoketech 2 ohm regulars.

overall im probably going to purchase more of every carto/tank except the vortex(sry g.v. just not a fan of em)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread