ultimate screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Well I can finally say now I have the ultimate screwdriver with a pen style adapter. It all works perfectly no problems at all.

I asked trog if he would kindly make me an adapter for the screwdriver to use with a pen style atomiser as I do prefer personally the pen styles to the 901 because the 901 has never ticked all the boxes for myself and I have boatloads of cartridges in my stash and usually use the kiss box as my main workhorse normally anyway but saying this the 901 has always performed excellent with the screwdriver . but I just prefer the pen style mouthpiece in my mouth and I like the larger cartridge plus I find their easy to top.

trog did say that he thought the pen style would not probably perform as well as the 901 as he felt the atomiser would probably need straight drip rather than using the cartridges but I have felt no need in dripping . but I've only used the janty atomiser or joye 302 atomiser which are basically the same with the four holes visually showing.
By using the pen style atomiser it does make the screwdriver longer in your hand. But you soon get used to it and this becomes second nature after a while

And yes it still produces loads of vapour and plenty of kick with this atomiser so in all I'm very happy with the results.

So thanks again trog for all your hard work.

Attachments

• IMG_385.jpg
    IMG_385.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_38.jpg
    IMG_38.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 294
I understand the LED thing.
I used to use what we call "DugOuts" or "One Hitters" Years ago, and you watch the hot reflection in your lighter, to know when its done burning. The E-cig's light feels SOOO natural to me because of my past useage. I put my finger on the end and watch the light. Some of my batteries fade in and out, so I can tell if they are having a problem too.
I ordered a Janty KB, I hope i can get used to it. You always have to give something up with E-cigs, one has a light, one has a good part, one has a bad one, One is good but expencive, one is cheap and disposible, one is big one is small, its all a trading game to be comfortable with your toys it seems.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I understand the LED thing.
I used to use what we call "DugOuts" or "One Hitters" Years ago, and you watch the hot reflection in your lighter, to know when its done burning. The E-cig's light feels SOOO natural to me because of my past useage. I put my finger on the end and watch the light. Some of my batteries fade in and out, so I can tell if they are having a problem too.
I ordered a Janty KB, I hope i can get used to it. You always have to give something up with E-cigs, one has a light, one has a good part, one has a bad one, One is good but expencive, one is cheap and disposible, one is big one is small, its all a trading game to be comfortable with your toys it seems.

Believe me you soon forget about the LED because you're too busy concentrating on pressing the manual switch and eventually forget about the LED altogether

BrazilyanGuy

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2008
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Believe me you soon forget about the LED because you're too busy concentrating on pressing the manual switch and eventually forget about the LED altogether

I know that it is not necessary, but I think the led helps you to vapour more like a real cigarette. You can see the e-cigarette working, it's very cool. I need a screwdriver with a led! That's evolution!:thumb:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
yup i'd certainly buy an adaptor. simons mydnite classic atomizer of mine is tops, i also prefer the classic mouthpiece.

Thing is i guess they would need to be made to order being as different branded atomizers have a different sized connectors. supply your own battery and atomizer to trog and he'll knock up the aluminium adaptor maybe.

another sideline for ya Trog..thanks for the lanyards btw. just what i needed.

Last edited:

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
So the adapter screws in and out of the atomizer connection threading so that you can still use a 901 atomizer without the adapter? Is this something Trog is offering now to future or present owners? (even if we have to pay)

Yes it does screw in and out of the atomiser threading and yes you can still use your 901 atomiser if you choose.
You will have to ask trog if whether he will be producing these as a option or not as for myself I did ask for this request if it was possible and he kindly did this for me.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yup i'd certainly buy an adaptor. simons mydnite classic atomizer of mine is tops, i also prefer the classic mouthpiece.

Thing is i guess they would need to be made to order being as different branded atomizers have a different sized connectors. supply your own battery and atomizer to trog and he'll knock up the aluminium adaptor maybe.

another sideline for ya Trog..thanks for the lanyards btw. just what i needed.

another "side line" aint something we are looking or at the moment dude..

last week while we were waiting for parts we made a test adapter piece.. just to see what was involved.. being as weeks ago i promised ned one i sent him it..

at present we are just tryng to satisfy demand for screwdrivers without fouling up the help and quality of service we promised..

so sorry folks.. no adapters for a while.. we simply cant handle it..

trog

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
you don't need a lathe , the generic classic bat and the 901 atomizer are the same diameter ( 9.35mm) so the battery can be used for the adaptor.

keep the thread in the battery, remove everyting else in there, cut to deired length ( probably around 12mm long ) remove female thread from 901 atomizer. solder a wire to connect the centre poles of the male and female threads , insulate it, push the 901 atomizer threaded connector into the cut down battery housing.

Job done.

I shall try it in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread