The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ultimate vape recomendations?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by 114bls, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 114bls

114bls Full Member

Aug 17, 2009
    prodigy?
    screwdriver
    or
    silver bullett?

:oops: so many to chooose from
    input wanted

rightnow im using the new titan from totallywicked

2. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    Include Adaptever, GLV and Super T1 to your list.

At any specific voltage, any of the devices you mentioned, or that I added above, will perform about the same. All things being the same (i.e. atomizer type, battery, e-liquid), a AdapteveR and Screwdriver, for example, would create a similar amount of vapor and throat hit. What your decision really boils down to is style, design, button placement, adapters for different atomizers and overall value. Whereas you can pickup a Super T1 complete with batteries, charger and atomizer for around $145, a GG Transformer will cost near $200 with nothing but the metal tube.

3. paulspikey

paulspikey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2009
    Henderson, KY USA
  4. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    You are definitely on the right track. There are some differences between the preimere devices. For example, the Prodigy and GG are 5 and 6 volt devices providing the most throat hit. They can also be used with the 901, 801, 510 atomizers although many of us feel the larger 801 is best with the bigger batteries.

The Screwdriver has some of the longest lasting batteries. 7-8 hours from my experience. The Janty Stick is well supported. I'm sure others can give you more information on the other devices. They all are better than the little ciggy looking devices in performance, battery life, cheap batteriers, etc.

The Big Seven in Long Battery Life Manual Switch PV’s:

Screwdriver: ecigscrewdriver.com
    The Black Screwdriver Kit / Totally Wicked eLiquid / Electronic Cigarette eLiquid Store
    Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!
    GG: SmokeJuice - HOME
    JantyStick: Janty USA
    LV/ZiMoshi:Personal Vaporizers : Hardass Vapor Shop
    Super T: Super T, Innovative manufacturer of Personal Vaporizer products.
    AdapteverR: AdapteveR Home of the ORIGINAL USA built PV : Home

5. MaxUT

MaxUT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    I used a Titan 510 for awhile, then decided to get an 801 Prodigy.

Prodigy makes vastly more vapor than the 510 but generally the flavor isn't as good. And it doesn't fit very well in a shirt pocket (need a holster for this Big Iron). The throat hit does rock tho.

Now I'm thinking about trying a 3.7V PV with a big standard battery (or batteries) to use at work. I've been looking at the VP2-901. This unit should be comparable to the Screw Driver in performance. It's compact and has the button on the side.

http://www.vaprlife.com/vp2901.html

6. wv2win

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV

Interesting. If you get one, let us know how it performs.:)

7. Justncredible

Justncredible Moved On

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    The screwdriver only last 8 hours, I just spent 6 hours hitting my M401. I even passed it around for others to check out. Pretty heavy vaping all day on one battery. :|

8. MaxUT

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Will do. That is, if my girlfiend will let me use it.

I showed her the pics and she said "Ooooo... that is pretty! Look at those LEDs on the side!" :)

9. Justncredible

Justncredible Moved On

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I can not see me walking around with that in my mouth. Maybe at home behind closed doors with the curtains drawn........:oops:

10. MaxUT

Jul 4, 2009
    Ogden, UT, US
    Oh heck, just go on out there and shine! :D

I was told you can reverse the battery to disable the LED light show. Cool, huh?

11. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    After awhile, you'd be surprised at how your views on that issue will change. ;)

I proudly vape my SD in public, along with my JantyStick and my GG . . . and, most recently, my Prodigy. And I'm a girl. :D

12. wv2win

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    I've used a 401 along with many others I know who use to use it before they got off the auto switch merry go round and moved to the manual switch devices. Heavy vaping is hitting it 20-25 times an hour. The 401 might last an hour with that kind of use. People throw around the term "heavy" but really don't know what the term means.

Plus, if you have a basic understanding of electricity, a 150mAh battery cannot compete with a 1000mAh battery. It is physically impossible.

But for some, appearance is more important that performance and that's fine.

13. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I've been keeping my eye on these things because it might be the only mod I can tolerate.
    :)

I sent them an email the other day and they said they should have the VP1 for the 510 atomizers available in about two weeks. He said that they've already built one and it was working better than they had expected.

So yeah, I may have a ton of 510 batteries for sale soon.

14. radwor

radwor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2009
    san diego
    Save your $$ and make the Magnum.

15. evilpettingzoo

evilpettingzoo Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just got my prodigy today in the mail, and have been loving this thing. My other ecig is a m401 and I love it as well great vapor and steady as a rock. I will say that I have so far been loving the prodigy huge vapor and so far the battery life is awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.