Ultimo Fistful of Fruit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I was one of the lucky participants in Another Fun Contest for My Vapor4Life Crew! to win a free bottle of juice, with the catch being that I "post a thread in this forum with a pic and your honest review of the juice!" The juice arrived late last week just after I had cleaned and refilled all my tanks (natch!). So today, I finally had the opportunity to crack open my prize, fill a Kanger Subtank Mini with a fresh build (0.6-ohms) on my RBA section, and try it out. Here are my thoughts on "Fistful of Fruit" by Ultimo...

After unwrapping the shrink-wrap seal and cracking open the dropper from the bottle, I picked up the definite scent of apple. My first vape confirmed that, indeed, green apple is the predominant flavor in this "fistful," but upon the exhale I was able to taste the kiwi which, in turn, was subtly tempered by strawberry. Further puffs brought these flavors together very nicely, though the strawberry is still muted in comparison to the other two fruit. The result is a flavor which is sure to disappoint those searching for a straight-up flavor of any of the three fruits, but will be a nice departure for those who enjoy fruit medleys but are tired of the usual fruit-cup variety.

With a name like "Fistful of Fruit" I was prepared to be smashed in the face with flavor. I've had some apple flavors that are so strong that my tongue needed a bath before it could taste other flavors again. Thankfully, this is not the case with this juice. The flavor is strong, but not in-your-face strong. What I mean by this is that I can still taste the beverage I'm having while I vape--but that I can still taste the flavor even after a half-hour vape session. And that's a good thing.

One final note: the only PG/VG ratio offered is 40/60. I do not have a PG-allergy, but this could be a sticking point for some. Personally, I prefer higher VG juices, and I did have to tone down my vape to account for the stronger throat hit. I would love to try this flavor in a higher mix of VG--I feel the sweetness of the VG would enhance the flavor slightly, and maybe bring out the strawberry a little more.

Oh, and the requisite pics:

RJG0Y_B3I6YgnEdhjuTyMHfkHiWpBZXHY9Src6kD-lVS5zgkD9rNvYGjmpGwF2EZ-lstje9hygI3Wiwxh9fB7iv2XkOTyXjRd0bYWJKEvUDB_jZyKpSTwThoe2ZyqPuunMqD9Wm6ByriaHPDxPJdbcIRAc6Ssg2em3z4WvgGLOjwxDVBrtEydLZYz7gyRoE9jY1X_Eq48cmE_01OM6qZ-W196V6b53cBU7GZRHhGG_3X0pjh7ELIdIkBd4HBCz4PaW_02QDvmyZixybIAAlq13V1sTpM-hngRXME5pkyrE9XsqQBSwqvGNuPnj1UKfFmAMt_qeHsrarNhOWJlAj-d8YG7EjBgaCMz9uUb6ogvT99-76FXbgs3bRd25ZBXRk__4hnbBnA5NTsbqiGDAE78KVMpCmgD13J2JMBPvvkNll-InZDJ_Q1XGszxx6VePnlz5bLqHlSSPYC5L79Or1sUgXWiymaw7EGQ7aGIAYHe9Lkt5aQrWzY3_o4dlKpnGH0GbvC5PHe5ZdTnsXvXugYdzey2hHxaQrWVd12T6tCIp1Lzua5nXFZcQ4q8WefZdYg1J5OAQ=w796-h1075-no

BJ1a7bAwaSml-zn9wtJlYc8jWfkEGUUFiH9OERQhu02QhlzUFAbxOXmvJedB6YFp_XNvLweKHufT8Zbxc9z4UB1x3q_v2aVUk-wl-8kSGwbLVD5Q9967YK1revq17glLapsa8klBfylm5rO9CYBdJY-3PCixVtD1cXUY6C6ZWf3Vsj9hikpiKQa1ZWIYXD00VqKwvOHn6xuhYEq625MQzNW1AR7COPtftBuxCH_jYXwz-g28YTnQBypFGTq3yMRK6rAg20l9WznCb7tuZFtXlEETlJpuyP7BhvxBALlBT0G6N78fG1Hj1V7J0pNMLGoyQP-tQ6ExfOfqYG3iBZpadO7AuVyIievkg8o6vYKfm20A1PlCdPDPk09TFeBf8q7wF_WEqklKmZJPLWzsQF_pODxShsvx37RC56wSC77Jb479suTkFigArHn-xFBtIA0uVPZ2e_Ss6BA0a1l7Rq0C5z-WBkKJRlEHNi9WbtdpxwTASpzakXFyAeOnOD4662B7IvUqhffm2ygOo0RiXvbVWX75brFQzbYDd-zKfYwjmMv6b-PK8JiflnnMWxjpmMbppGujYg=w796-h1075-no

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I got some of this from a contest a few weeks back. I like it, as well. The inhale to me is almost a perfect match to Pucker's Sour Apple. The exhale is more complicated, and I hadn't really naked it down, but you did a good job of it.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I was one of the lucky participants in Another Fun Contest for My Vapor4Life Crew! to win a free bottle of juice, with the catch being that I "post a thread in this forum with a pic and your honest review of the juice!" The juice arrived late last week just after I had cleaned and refilled all my tanks (natch!). So today, I finally had the opportunity to crack open my prize, fill a Kanger Subtank Mini with a fresh build (0.6-ohms) on my RBA section, and try it out. Here are my thoughts on "Fistful of Fruit" by Ultimo...

After unwrapping the shrink-wrap seal and cracking open the dropper from the bottle, I picked up the definite scent of apple. My first vape confirmed that, indeed, green apple is the predominant flavor in this "fistful," but upon the exhale I was able to taste the kiwi which, in turn, was subtly tempered by strawberry. Further puffs brought these flavors together very nicely, though the strawberry is still muted in comparison to the other two fruit. The result is a flavor which is sure to disappoint those searching for a straight-up flavor of any of the three fruits, but will be a nice departure for those who enjoy fruit medleys but are tired of the usual fruit-cup variety.

With a name like "Fistful of Fruit" I was prepared to be smashed in the face with flavor. I've had some apple flavors that are so strong that my tongue needed a bath before it could taste other flavors again. Thankfully, this is not the case with this juice. The flavor is strong, but not in-your-face strong. What I mean by this is that I can still taste the beverage I'm having while I vape--but that I can still taste the flavor even after a half-hour vape session. And that's a good thing.

One final note: the only PG/VG ratio offered is 40/60. I do not have a PG-allergy, but this could be a sticking point for some. Personally, I prefer higher VG juices, and I did have to tone down my vape to account for the stronger throat hit. I would love to try this flavor in a higher mix of VG--I feel the sweetness of the VG would enhance the flavor slightly, and maybe bring out the strawberry a little more.

Oh, and the requisite pics:

RJG0Y_B3I6YgnEdhjuTyMHfkHiWpBZXHY9Src6kD-lVS5zgkD9rNvYGjmpGwF2EZ-lstje9hygI3Wiwxh9fB7iv2XkOTyXjRd0bYWJKEvUDB_jZyKpSTwThoe2ZyqPuunMqD9Wm6ByriaHPDxPJdbcIRAc6Ssg2em3z4WvgGLOjwxDVBrtEydLZYz7gyRoE9jY1X_Eq48cmE_01OM6qZ-W196V6b53cBU7GZRHhGG_3X0pjh7ELIdIkBd4HBCz4PaW_02QDvmyZixybIAAlq13V1sTpM-hngRXME5pkyrE9XsqQBSwqvGNuPnj1UKfFmAMt_qeHsrarNhOWJlAj-d8YG7EjBgaCMz9uUb6ogvT99-76FXbgs3bRd25ZBXRk__4hnbBnA5NTsbqiGDAE78KVMpCmgD13J2JMBPvvkNll-InZDJ_Q1XGszxx6VePnlz5bLqHlSSPYC5L79Or1sUgXWiymaw7EGQ7aGIAYHe9Lkt5aQrWzY3_o4dlKpnGH0GbvC5PHe5ZdTnsXvXugYdzey2hHxaQrWVd12T6tCIp1Lzua5nXFZcQ4q8WefZdYg1J5OAQ=w796-h1075-no

BJ1a7bAwaSml-zn9wtJlYc8jWfkEGUUFiH9OERQhu02QhlzUFAbxOXmvJedB6YFp_XNvLweKHufT8Zbxc9z4UB1x3q_v2aVUk-wl-8kSGwbLVD5Q9967YK1revq17glLapsa8klBfylm5rO9CYBdJY-3PCixVtD1cXUY6C6ZWf3Vsj9hikpiKQa1ZWIYXD00VqKwvOHn6xuhYEq625MQzNW1AR7COPtftBuxCH_jYXwz-g28YTnQBypFGTq3yMRK6rAg20l9WznCb7tuZFtXlEETlJpuyP7BhvxBALlBT0G6N78fG1Hj1V7J0pNMLGoyQP-tQ6ExfOfqYG3iBZpadO7AuVyIievkg8o6vYKfm20A1PlCdPDPk09TFeBf8q7wF_WEqklKmZJPLWzsQF_pODxShsvx37RC56wSC77Jb479suTkFigArHn-xFBtIA0uVPZ2e_Ss6BA0a1l7Rq0C5z-WBkKJRlEHNi9WbtdpxwTASpzakXFyAeOnOD4662B7IvUqhffm2ygOo0RiXvbVWX75brFQzbYDd-zKfYwjmMv6b-PK8JiflnnMWxjpmMbppGujYg=w796-h1075-no
Thanks for the review, @CountBoredom! That's one of my favorite Ultimo flavors, and I know @Rob Bacon is also a fan. Your description is pretty spot-on, and I love the pics. Now I'll be trying all afternoon to get smoke to curl around my mod for a pic for my personal FB page :p

Reactions: CountBoredom

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I got some of this from a contest a few weeks back. I like it, as well. The inhale to me is almost a perfect match to Pucker's Sour Apple. The exhale is more complicated, and I hadn't really naked it down, but you did a good job of it.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
@greasegizzard good point about the Pucker, which used to be my favorite when I first started drinking like half a century ago. This is a good substitute, since I have Type 1 diabetes and some of my favorite drinks (Pucker, Fireball, etc) are loaded with sugar, and my other faves (martinis) are just dangerous for me on a number of levels. :pervy:
:pervy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread