Not open for further replies.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Hey guys.

Been running Ultrafire 16340s 800 mAh in series (the green ones). Seems like I never really had an issue before, but the last couple days the life seems to be really crappy.

I've had these in for just a few hours, and then suddenly no vape.

I thought maybe I had a short, or something was amiss with my mod, so I tried a couple others and am getting the same issue.

Would it be possible that one of the batteries is bad, and its tripping the protection circuit? Or do the life of these things just really degrade that quickly over a couple months?

Not sure there is any definitive answer, just wondering if any has or has heard of this issue with these batteries.

--waffle.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I have had the PCB protection circuit just go BAD all at once , not that uncommon IMO

I guess I'll just start cycling through my batteries and try and RR the ones that are funky... or just buy new batteries.

What a pain. I wish we had more choices for 3.0v.. I'd really like LiMn version.

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I just had two Ultrafire 3.6v 16340's die on me completely. Only had them for 4 days. First couple days they worked fine. Then one died on me after only 30 minutes of use. Then the same with the other the next day. Now both of them do nothing at all. They're showing as 4.12 and 4.13 volts on my meter fresh off the charger, but do absolutely nothing at all in my SP2. :(

I only paid $3.95 each for them, so it's not really worth returning them since I'll need to pay return shipping.

I'm using them in a Steampunk Sparkplug with a LR 510 atty.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
stacking 16340s and using a 510 atty has been known to trip the PCB in the batteries quite frequently....fairly well documented problem among SB users actually..

WS... as for 3.0V options that can stack for 6V in the 16340 size... AW makes a LiFePo4 that fits that niche... the AW guy says that they can handle up to a 10C discharge rate... you just have to make sure that you don't overdrain them or they might not take a charge again...in otherwords they're not quite LiMN high drains but they're close..
here: AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread