Ultramax - Juice in the mouth annoyance - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I recently got hold of an Ultramax and it's superb for the most part, just one annoyance i'm getting.

Basically, I fill in through the 510 atty. Whether it's 10 or 20 drops, they vanish and there doesn't appear to be any juice build up.

But the atty is obviously still flooded, because when I take a drag I get splattered hot juice in my mouth. I've tried doing dry burns to clear it, but it just doesn't shift. It seems to be clogged up somewhere down below and not going into the RES fully.

I tried the trick of blowing gently into the atty. Often I get a few blobs come out the side holes, but that's fine. With that, I expect the atty to be clear but again, it doesn't gurgle and is hard to draw and I get liquid in the mouth.

Everytime I fill up I have to remove the atty, blow it through onto tissue and then screw it back on.

It's like the RES is over feeding as such.

I am using a mix which is mainly PG though.

Any pointers?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Hi folks,

I recently got hold of an Ultramax and it's superb for the most part, just one annoyance i'm getting.

Basically, I fill in through the 510 atty. Whether it's 10 or 20 drops, they vanish and there doesn't appear to be any juice build up.

But the atty is obviously still flooded, because when I take a drag I get splattered hot juice in my mouth. I've tried doing dry burns to clear it, but it just doesn't shift. It seems to be clogged up somewhere down below and not going into the RES fully.

I tried the trick of blowing gently into the atty. Often I get a few blobs come out the side holes, but that's fine. With that, I expect the atty to be clear but again, it doesn't gurgle and is hard to draw and I get liquid in the mouth.

Everytime I fill up I have to remove the atty, blow it through onto tissue and then screw it back on.

It's like the RES is over feeding as such.

I am using a mix which is mainly PG though.

Any pointers?

If you are gently blowing through your atty and getting liquid to come out of the airholes on the side of the RES every time, then the entire RES is too full. Take the ceramic part of the RES out and dab it with a paper towel a few times to remove some of the excess liquid in there and then try. If you have an overfilled RES you will always feel like you are trying to suck way too hard and still get little vapor, and lots of splashes of liquid in your mouth.

Also, seeings how your liquid is mainly pg, which is much thinner than vg, you have to be even more careful as it draws much faster. Try dabbing out the excess liquid in your RES and see if that works.

Hmmm.... so does the RES on these really only hold 20 drops? It was drawing dry, so I decided to fill the harder way. Took it out, dripped around it, 20 drops. Then started dripping out the otherside onto the table. 20 small droplets.

Would rather fill through the atty but it just isn't viable. Even if I put just 10 drops in, the atty is getting bunged up without any visible liquid in the atty chamber. When I go to take a draw, gurgle gurgle liquid spitting in my mouth.

Maybe these things just don't get on well with 510 atties.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I've noticed that sometimes a lot of juice can collect below the atty (on top of the switch assembly), causing a perpetually flooded atty. I just remove the atty and mop this up with a cotton bud and am usually good to go afterward. My juice is about 50%VG, usually, so it could just be the thinner viscosity causing it, I haven't tried a PG-based mix in it myself. The RES works great with an all VG mix, though, which I've done a couple of times

As for capacity, I find the most I can use is about 30 drops (small ones from a dropper bottle) and not have any flooded atty issues, so quite a bit less than the listed 2ml capacity. It took me quite a while to figure out how to get it to work for me consistently, this particular point made the biggest difference for me

Hope that helps you some

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
This exact same thing was happening to me. I was constantly getting juice in my mouth. But i managed to fix it as off last night.
Try boiling the ceremic wick in water for 5 mins. I did that and the wick seems to be holding the juice alot better. I now would need to draw very very hard in order to get juice in my mouth. Just give that a try.. I think it opens up the pores in the wick to allow better air flow so less liquid is drawn per draw.

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
running under it under the hot tap won't don't much you will need to boil it. I have tried it and it works. I don't know how many drops i put it... i just keep putting more in until i start blowing out liquid from the top holes. once it is full when you draw you will hear quite a bit of gurgling but at to same time you should feel a very smooth draw. If it is hard to draw then that means you are sucking in to much juice into the atti and will flood it.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Took your advice, run it under the tap and gently dabbed off the excess water. Topped up with 40 drops, and screwed it back together. No gurgling and it's running drier than before.

Got 5 draws and then it was bone dry again. 40 drops = 5 draws? lol

Something aint right with this.

Well I have never heard of anything like that happening before. The last thing I can tell you is to call Mark and see if he can troubleshoot it for you. He is great at it. Give him a call at 208-761-0895 and if he can't figure out your problem then you will just have to send it back for us to look at.

Just trying a fresh atty. Getting the same problems. Everytime I top up from the top I have to remove the atty, blow it out and then screw it back on. Wasting way too much liquid on this thing. Think i've drank more than ive vaped.

Isn't for me. Get lass grief from using cartos or just plain dripping.

Either that or it just doesn't work with 510s and I need some 306s.

The atty is absolutely flooded regardless. Put more than 5 drops in and it's a guaranteed flood. I left it on the side for an hour after a small top up and the liquid still didn't clear the atty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread