Ultrasonic coil cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We used to boil coils and then rinse in alcohol (everclear or vodka). I think back then there was a realistic fear the ultrasonic would break the tiny wires. It couldn't hurt to try if the coil is otherwise useless.

I would fill a small jar with alcohol and set that in the ultrasonic. The vibrations will transfer and the lid keeps it from evaporating.
I know from cleaning other coils it will probably take some scraping if you can't dry burn the crust to ash first.
I don't do either. I leave tanks out of the ultrasonic, I find that running them through hot water does the trick. To remove crud I use everclear and leave them overnite, then rinse them again. Ultrasonic cleaner for everything else.

Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I agree but RTA mesh isn't equal to the drop in mesh yet (and I like my RTA mesh both with screen and Vapefly stamped mesh).
There has to be a way to renew the drop ins even if it means replacing cotton. Maybe some tea bags or blue foam.
They don't know about the tea bags!!! Jaja such great times.
I do wash my coils. I don't want a tank when in the street. Nowadays the Cascade Mini and Nunchaku. And gives them another two new lives. After that, cotton doesn't wick any more. That's why we started rebuilding!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The coil is toast right now so I have nothing to lose but a bit of my time. Everyone makes good points. All I can do is hope that it works.
Thanks for all the input.
Heath54
:toast:
Toast... Doesn't heat up? It is dead. The point of cleaning heads is before they start wicking, when they give bad taste. If it's toast, let it be.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread