Ultrasonic Mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I've noticed it takes a long time for mixes with a large percentage of VG to assume their final flavors, so I was thinking about ways to speed this process up.

On Saturday I mixed a new batch of FlavourArt tobacco juice with a 50% VG base. Almost upon a whim, I filled my small ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and tossed in the sealed 10ml bottle of juice, then ran it for 15 minutes.

It seemed to have some effect. The flavors seemed to stand out more than before, but this could have been just from heating the juice.

I just thought I'd mention my little experiment to see if anyone else had tried it, or might want to.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I've noticed it takes a long time for mixes with a large percentage of VG to assume their final flavors, so I was thinking about ways to speed this process up.

On Saturday I mixed a new batch of FlavourArt tobacco juice with a 50% VG base. Almost upon a whim, I filled my small ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and tossed in the sealed 10ml bottle of juice, then ran it for 15 minutes.

It seemed to have some effect. The flavors seemed to stand out more than before, but this could have been just from heating the juice.

I just thought I'd mention my little experiment to see if anyone else had tried it, or might want to.

Most interesting, maxut! My juices are all DIY VG juices, and I do find that they taste better the next day. I don't have a sonicator, but perhaps just throwing a freshly made juice sealed in its bottle into some warm water for a bit would do the same thing. Will give it a try! What you are saying does make a lot of sense, although I do not understand the chemistry behind such an effect...certainly have noticed it though, especially when I am keeping my house at 63 deg F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread