ULTRONER VICTORY 60W STABWOOD BOX MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VICTORY 60W BOX mod from Ultroner. The ULTRONER VICTORY 60W BOX mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by SAC who deals with marketing for Ultroner and 3 other vaping manufacturers.

Victory – Ultroner

Introduction

Ultroner are known for their affordable stabwood devices and long standing partnership with Asmodus and have just released a few products independently two of which are the Mini Stick and the Aether, both i have reviewed recently. Here we look at another Ultroner device, the Victory which is a variable power 60W regulated device which comes in some beautiful stabwood finishes and accommodates a single 18650 battery. The device is power only having no temp control but does come with wattage, Voltage and Mech (Bypass) modes, but no bells and whistles settings. The device both looks stunning (in my opinion) and feels great in the hand being a nice compact design with plenty of curves to make it an ergonomic dream. i will stop gushing over this gorgeous device and crack on!

In The Box

Contents:

One Victory Mod
One Velvet Bag
One Cleaning Cloth
One User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I normally do a detailed description in this section but this is easily the nicest looking device i have used and the ergonomics are spot on so i feel i just can't do it justice, so i will let the pictures do the talking!

Note: Faceplate, Battery Tube, Battery Cap and Beefy air fed 510 Plate: Stainless Steel.
Main Body: Stabwood with lacquered finish
510: Gold plated and Spring Loaded

Victory Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 88mm*55mm*35mm
Chipset: SEVO-60
Construction: Stabilised wood + Stainless steel
Wattage output: 5W-60W
Maximum voltage output: 8V
Coil resistance range: 0.1 ohms – 3.0 ohms
Battery: 18650 x 1 (Not included)
Micro-USB Charge Port
Threaded Battery Door
Three Vaping Modes: Wattage, Voltage, Bypass
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Blue, Green, Purple (each one unique)

Fitting the Battery

The Victory is a 60W regulated device which accommodates a single 18650 battery. On the bottom of the device we have an old school style of battery cap which has a central bar for grip which can be used for unscrewing the cap. The threading is very smooth and i still prefer this type of design for fitting single batteries as it's very secure and you can't damage your wraps. Some may not like the fact the threading on these caps take quite a few turns to undo or tighten up and although i find long threading on the top-cap of a sub-ohm tank or RTA a pain as liquid needs adding often i don't really see why long threading on a battery cap is an issue as it's not as if you are swapping batteries out every few minutes.

The Display

The display is sharp despite looking blurred on my pictures but that's because it's also extremely bright which the camera i use on my ipod struggles to cope with. On the left side of the display we have the resistance top, then underneath the voltage which displays watts instead when in Voltage or Mech (Bypass) modes, finally at the bottom we have the battery status bar.
In the top right section of the display we have the Wattage which will display Voltage instead when in Voltage and Mech (Bypass) modes and underneath we have the mode to the left and puff counter to the right.

Navigating The Victory

The Victory is powered by the SEVO-60 chip which has been designed for simplicity, intuitive operation and efficiency. To turn the device on and off is 5 clicks of the fire button and once on pressing both navigational buttons together locks the device completely so it won't fire. You can't just lock the navigational buttons but the front plate is recessed and decent force is needed when adjusting the navigational buttons so i can't see wattage being altered by accident.
The device's screen turns off after 10 seconds of inactivity which is done along with the simplicity of the board to help with efficiency and i don't mind this at all because after taking a vape 10 seconds is plenty long enough to read and take in whatever information you want from the screen and when firing from standby the device still fires instantly.
To change modes you need to click the fire button 3 times in quick succession, now using the navigational buttons you can scroll through the 3 modes which are Wattage, Voltage and Mech (Bypass), when the mode you want is highlighted just press fire to select. The only other feature available is the puff counter which can be reset or you can set a limit, to access the puff counter press the fire button twice quickly which automatically resets it, if that's all you wanted to do press fire to continue vaping or you can use the navigational buttons to set a limit before pressing fire. That's it! a user friendly menu with no bells and whistles for those that like to keep things nice and simple.

My Experience Using The Victory And Thoughts

The first thing to mention is how gorgeous the lacquered stabwood finish looks and how ergonomic the device is in either hand especially when thumb firing.
The main cons for the device are going to be subjective depending on how you vape and what you like. It has no TC for example and it's not loaded with settings but while many like all the bells and whistles and some prefer vaping using TC there will be as many who prefer simple power devices without all the extra baggage. Not accommodating a 21700 battery will also be a con for some but that would of changed the form of the device making it taller and less ergonomic and as it only goes up to 60W then certainly in wattage mode a high drain 18650 does the job perfectly well.
I tested the device in all modes and it performs like a little trooper, in Wattage mode all wattage's i tried seemed very accurate across the board, it might be a limited chipset but as the saying goes "it does what it say's on the can" and does it well.
The device fires instantly (with a satisfying click) and the domed fire button is very easy to find, thumb firing feels great with the index finger placed on the upper stabwood heel, the other three fingers wrapped around the battery tube unless you have large hands which means the base will rest nicely on your little finger.
I know there had been a problem with the Sevo-60 chip from time to time saying their was no battery life and stop firing which would mean slackening and then tightening back up the battery cap to register the true life for the device to carry on normal operation. I have got through countless battery changes and have had no issues at all so they seem to of fixed that issue, which just leaves the only main con which to most like me isn't a big deal but others may find it more annoying. The up and down buttons are the wrong way around which i have noticed happening more often in 2019 as this is far from the first device i have reviewed where this is the case, but it takes seconds to get use to so personally fail to see why people would find it that much of a major issue.
The device is ideal for MTL atty's or low wattage single coil RDA's and RTA's and will accommodate up to a 25mm atty without overhanging the plate. You are limited to 25mm atty's max because the back of the plate cuts into the stabwood heel so any bigger just won't fit, also you could have a problem with a 25mm atty that then tapers outwards. The wattage adjusts in 1W increments which i like but very low wattage MTL vapers might want to micro manage the power more precisely. The Victory is a low powered simple device making it efficient and gives full value when it comes to battery life.
All that remains is price and their will be two camps, with not much change from $200 dollars many will find this pricey but i have handled around a dozen stabwood devices with this European type form factor which have ranged from $400 to $650 so those into their stabwood devices will find $200 a bargain, and i must agree!

Aesthetically stunning (subjective)
Spot on ergonomics
European style curvy form
Stabwood and Stainless Steel construction
Beautiful Lacquered Stabwood finish
Each device unique
Very simple to use device
Battery cap smooth threading
Fires Instantly with accuracy
Wattage, Voltage and Mech(Bypass) modes
Sharp, bright display
Low wattage Efficient device (full value from 18650 battery)
Worked great with MTL and single coil DL RDA's and RTA's

Cons

No TC (only a con for TC users)
Navigational buttons the wrong way
Not suited for high wattage users
IW Increments (a pro for most but low wattage MTL vapers might require more precision)
Over 25mm atty's will not fit (also if the base tapers out you are limited to 24mm but then most low wattage atty's are 24mm or less)

I would once again like to thank SAC for sending The VICTORY 60W STABWOOD BOX MOD on behalf of Ultroner for the purpose of this review.

Victory – Ultroner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread