Um...Everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
After reading through copious posts, I was under the impression I would need to explain what an e-cig was wherever I used one. Not at all the case in Dover, NH. I went to a jewelry store to sell some gold bullion and asked the manager if I could use my "vaporizer" and she said "go ahead, it won't bother me". And then she asked me where I got it and ended up giving her a website for an inexpensive 510 kit so she could get one for a smoker friend of hers. Went to a pub afterward and asked the bartender if I could use my PV and she said, "of course!". Then a customer next to me asked me how "it" was working out for me. Seems like what e-cigs are and that they are a viable and relatively safe alternative to smoking has really become common knowledge in the service industry around here. Awesome.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Hey! You're not far at all! I was at the Blue Wave for a couple beers and Naser jewelers to sell the gold. Also vaped in my classroom during a break after asking prof. and stealthed on the campus connector at UNH. I really do like not having to explain all about the e-cig and having people just be accepting and happy that I'm not smoking anymore. Great reception.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I went to the emergency room the other night and my hubby made me leave my Chuck in the car :(
So we get to the Dr questions and I say I don't smoke anymore but I do still get my nic fix, hubby decided to say "Oh no, you do smoke!" Gah I had to tell him about my PV and that no I don't bloody smoke! The Dr had never heard of it but the nurse had, he said his brother in law uses one and I told the Dr what was in it and he said, but does it work? I said yup, no cigs since August :) He was impressed that it worked and had no bad things to say about what was in it :)
After all that I could have taken it inside, and I couldn't convince hubby to go out and get it for me :(

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
These stories are just making my day a great one. If everyone who vapes would just handle each and every manager/owner exactly that way vaping will be so much more easily accepted.

Not using any terms like "e-cig" is huge in my opinion. Personal Vaporizer seems to be the most accurate and easily acceptable term.

:thumb:

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
"Mind if I don't smoke?" - Nice one the86d!

Ghetto_Cowgirl, stoked you got to impress an MD! Heard lots of stories of doctor's mentioning them to patients who are smokers, and seems a great way to get info out to the people most likely to benefit. Sorry your hubby isn't quite converted - is he a former smoker?

butchrobotpope, I feel you on being sly but it's amazing the response I've gotten around here being courteous and asking first. This weekend I also vaped at the bar at the hotel at my university before a review session and vaped off and on while I conducted it after asking my class.

Unrelated-ish but last night I went over to a friends to see the superbowl and 2 of my other friends are real anti smoking but were really happy for my switch to vaping and I was able to vape inside all through the game! I love this new, non-stinky habit.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
He is a former smoker, just up and quit one day (I hate people that can do that!) but he also is the one who told me I HAD to try his friends e-cig and got me into them. He gives me hell sometimes but just for fun, he's hardly said a word lately. I think he says I'm cheating simply because I'm doing it a whole lot easier than he did when he quit. He never stops me or makes a fuss when I order new liquid or anything, he just likes to bug me :p

Hebrew Hammer

Feb 8, 2010
Winchester VA
These stories are just making my day a great one. If everyone who vapes would just handle each and every manager/owner exactly that way vaping will be so much more easily accepted.

Not using any terms like "e-cig" is huge in my opinion. Personal Vaporizer seems to be the most accurate and easily acceptable term.

I used the Personal Vaporizer at Buffalo Wild Wings to day and ended having about 20 people come up and talk to me about it and all were vary interested and in no way put off by it. Wonder what would have happened if i said e-cig

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Hebrew Hammer - the reaction might not have been as good if they weren't informed - good call! I went to the mall today to sell some gold mint and vaped at the store. I told the girl conducting the transaction it was a PV and would she mind if I used it? It's helping me to quit smoking. Of course she said, "Oh, I don't care" (that's the reaction I always get here in NH). Then, her mom came out later and said, "Don't you love your electronic cigarette?" Nice lady, I think she might have one too but we ended up switching topics to the business at hand.

And yeah BW3's, I love that place! Bet it was nice to be "smoking" and yet be the center of attention!

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia

i agree. i actually really dislike the term e-cig, anyways. but i find i get a more positive reaction if i say personal vaporizer or nicotine inhaler, too.

i vape everywhere--usually very discreetly. so far no probs (despite being in VA where the state is so anti-public-vaping *rolleyes*)... most of the time no one notices.

magus7091

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Morgantown, WV
Remember too that you can use the term "P.E.N.I.S." that someone else here at ECF came up with (it didn't come from me). I use it around good friends and family to get a laugh.

Personal. Electronic. Nicotine. Inhaling. System.

Epic! :thumb: :lol: But do you really want to tell people you're just sucking on your P.E.N.I.S. ?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread