Umm, my battery started smoking?? (iStick 30w)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    They've really sped up their times then, back a year or two ago I ordered something and fasttech was faster, and that's hard to do.

But I have noticed many lately saying they've had faster shipping with sourcemore .. good to know.
    From experience, it would appear that fasttech and HealthCabin are racing to see who can take the longest, lol.

Floah

Feb 17, 2019
    Reactions: Opinionated

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yes the Samsung 30Q is a good battery, but only if you vape at say, no more than 12 amps. ...

This is True.

And a 12 Amp CDR comes out to be about 45 Watts for a Single Battery Mod.

So if one Always Vapes below 45 Watts on a Regulated Mod, then they should be Good to Go. If they Sometimes or Always Vape above 45 Watts, then they should go with a 20 Amp (or More) CDR Battery.

Last edited:
    • Agree

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    If I order a few of these any of the chargers from that site should work I assume?
    I like these chargers because they charge at 1A if all bays are used, and 2A if only only half the bays are used (in the outer 2 bays for the 4-bay in the bottom link).
    If you're interested in only 2 batteries at once:
    XTAR D2 2 Bay Quick Battery Charger - 18650 Battery Store
    4 batteries at once (2A in outer bays):
    XTAR D4 4 Bay Quick Battery Charger - 18650 Battery Store

Make sure your batteries are recommended for a 2A charge before doing so. The 4-bay charger can also charge down to as low as .5A if needed.

• Informative

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Does sourcemore not require a signature? It’s an extra $5 bucks from vapor authority for shipping and another 5 for signature required. sourcemore says total $33.96, VA $44.95

No, as of now, Chinese vape retailers are not adhering to US laws like PACT Act.

No signature, no sales tax no vapor tax :)

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Does sourcemore not require a signature? It’s an extra $5 bucks from vapor authority for shipping and another 5 for signature required. sourcemore says total $33.96, VA $44.95
    Many companies have already factored in that cost with their products. They'll "require a signature", but I have only had 1 of 15ish deliveries require a signature, and it was the only one not from USPS (whoever 4px handed their product off to). I talked to the delivery guy who drove an old unmarked van and he said verbatim "I'm not even sure why they had me deliver this to you - I transport medical supplies exclusively."

I wouldn't worry about having to sign for your delivery. Most US companies tack that cost on as either an additional source of money (likely), and/or because they're required to (also likely). Regardless, they'll all be using USPS and they don't require an actual signature even if it states so.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I’m a bit confused, I chose PayPal as payment, I have to go into my paypal account and send them the payment to the email address they me?
    Ahh, you chose Sourcemore.

You're essentially doing a money wire transfer like you would to me or someone else. Check your e-mail (even spam folder if you don't see anything) and it will give you precise directions.

For me, I went into my PayPal account (not PayPal Credit) and clicked on the "Send" menu (it might ask you to sync your contacts, just skip that for now). It'll ask you who you want to send to - type in the e-mail address sent to you via the e-mail (mine was anybuydirect@hotmail.com), and then for the exact amount noted in the e-mail.

After the money is sent, go back into your PayPal account and find where it says "Activity" - your recent activities will be listed. Click on the transaction you just sent and at the bottom, it will list a "Transaction ID" - copy that. This Transaction ID needs to be e-mailed to where it says in the e-mail they sent to you (likely the same as mine which was service@sourcemore.com). I also included my order # as the e-mail subject for additional verification.

Last edited:
    • Informative

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is this some kind of work around for PayPal not allowing purchases of vape related products or something? I’ve never had to do this with PayPal before

Yes, quite a few months ago Paypal started clamping down on Chinese vape sellers, now they are all using alt Paypal accounts. They can't use paypal within their shopping cart like they did before other wise they will get caught.

We vapers are getting attacked from many fronts. That's why many vapers decided to stock up and be done with this BS.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Is this some kind of work around for PayPal not allowing purchases of vape related products or something? I’ve never had to do this with PayPal before

I wouldn't use the PayPal option, if you can avoid it. It takes like 5 days for the funds to transfer to Sourcemore's account and they delay shipping for those 5 days. In my case, the item I ordered went out of stock, creating a further delay.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I see you have now caught up on all the new hassles of ordering vape stuff (besides batteries, simple wire and most DIY ingredients) Yes... it sucks. Some vendors are working with new shipping options (at first, there were many complaints but they seem to be working this out now... who knows) If you go china, I would go sourcemore. There are many newer threads here on ECF about this.
    Was this your first time using a rebuildable (in your case a RBA)? Do some homework and watch lots of videos... many things can go wrong. Always check the resistance (that your mod reads) before even hitting the fire button. If possible (may not be with RBAs) try to do a "dry burn" (no wick) first and see how the coil glows. Anyway, it's not that hard to wind a simple solid wire coil (with some practice) Wicking is trickier but gets easy after you do it a few times. Hey... wait a minute (did you even put a wick in the RBA coil)? And prime it with juice? YT videos are your friend ;)

Floah

Feb 17, 2019
    I wouldn't use the PayPal option, if you can avoid it. It takes like 5 days for the funds to transfer to Sourcemore's account and they delay shipping for those 5 days. In my case, the item I ordered went out of stock, creating a further delay.
    I got an email back yesterday I guess the payment has been processed, I got a tracking number and all that but according to 4px there’s no tracking data yet so I’m not sure if it hasn’t actually shipped yet or what

• Informative

Floah

Feb 17, 2019
    I see you have now caught up on all the new hassles of ordering vape stuff (besides batteries, simple wire and most DIY ingredients) Yes... it sucks. Some vendors are working with new shipping options (at first, there were many complaints but they seem to be working this out now... who knows) If you go china, I would go sourcemore. There are many newer threads here on ECF about this.
    Was this your first time using a rebuildable (in your case a RBA)? Do some homework and watch lots of videos... many things can go wrong. Always check the resistance (that your mod reads) before even hitting the fire button. If possible (may not be with RBAs) try to do a "dry burn" (no wick) first and see how the coil glows. Anyway, it's not that hard to wind a simple solid wire coil (with some practice) Wicking is trickier but gets easy after you do it a few times. Hey... wait a minute (did you even put a wick in the RBA coil)? And prime it with juice? YT videos are your friend ;)
    It came with a pre installed coil in the rba I had it all wicked and primed only to realize it apparently wasn’t reading properly but yes I’ve bookmarked a few yt vids. I’ve considered a coil building kit or whatever but not sure if it’s totally necessary, at this point anyway yet

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I got an email back yesterday I guess the payment has been processed, I got a tracking number and all that but according to 4px there’s no tracking data yet so I’m not sure if it hasn’t actually shipped yet or what
    It usually takes a day or two - sometimes three to get a tracking number. I usually use Aftership and 17Track to track packages, as one often times has more info than the other. You should be fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread