The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ummm..what did they think was going to happen??

Discussion in 'Behind the Cheddar Curtain' started by kristin, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
  2. C-kool Dad '09

C-kool Dad '09 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Brookfield, WI - USA
  3. electrowoman

electrowoman Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2010
    venezuela
    well, we should all apologize for switching to vaping since we are the ones refusing to pay the suicide tax any longer. and certainly not one as HIGH as wisconsin has made it. BTW, cherry flave from fsusa my news craze...my camels never tasted this good!

4. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    If they'd have kept it real - that the sin tax was raised to make smoking too expensive, and get folk to cut down or quit, and dump the funds into health care and honest risk-education - they wouldn't now be whining.

They tacked a tax increase on to cigs - not for the purposes such a tax was proposed in the first place (too expensive a habit to maintain) - but to balance the budget because they 'have to get the money somewhere, and hitting the unpopular smokers is an EASY tax to pass....'.

Well, what more can I say except - :censored: boneheads!

5. C-kool Dad '09

Mar 27, 2009
    Brookfield, WI - USA
    Well said.:)

6. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    I guess they never imagined that the unfair smoking tax & indoor bans would actually work (for what they CLAIMED they were for) and get people to cut down on smoking, reducing tobacco tax revenue. :censored: boneheads is right, Vicks! LOL!

Now they'll go after smokeless tobacco and e-cigs (even though there is no justification w/ evidence of harm), mark my words.

7. C-kool Dad '09

Mar 27, 2009
    Brookfield, WI - USA
    With Snus already at 100% tax on the wholesale price right here in WI.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.