Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Sharon McEachern, the blogger that does not respond to emails or comments is at it again and being quoted as fact!

Ethic Soup: E-Cigarette Smokers Are Suckers: Must Inhale Aerosol More Deeply into Lungs, Questionable Health Effects

"Over a year ago, in July 2009, the Food and Drug Administration released an analysis of 19 varieties of electronic cigarettes that said half of them contained nitrosamines (the same carcinogen found in real cigarettes) and many contained diethylene glycol, the poisonous ingredient in antifreeze. (Read Ethic Soup post about FDA warning.)"

Disinformation is disgusting, outright lies, despicable. Oh, the red emphasis is of course mine.

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
Maybe she's just never tried pushing the button on hers :evil:

Researchers speculate that e-cigarettes could have the same results as low-tar cigarettes, "compensatory smoking," leading users to inhale more deeply and often to achieve adequate does of nicotine to satisfy their craving.

Compensatory vaping(not smoking) Mmmmm i'll have some of that.:D

Speculate??? Does that translate to 'they don't know'

Adequate does??? Spell check honey,spell check :laugh:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I just couldn't resist-

"Ethic soup is a classless blog written by a classless individual. You are unable to comment on the context as the author refused to publish the comments. She is an embarrassment to the blogging community. Oh, did I mention, she's a liar?

I would like this author to prove just one statement, " many contained diethylene glycol, the poisonous ingredient in antifreeze." Unless one of 18 or 19 cartridges is many, she is providing misinformation, no disinformation, no lying.

Half the cartridges contained nitrosamines? Did the author bother to read the actual report that the FDA based their dog and pony show? It's readily available on the internet and an honest blogger would have checked it before publishing rehashing bad hash. Yes, they do contain nitrosamines, to the same level that nitrosamines are found in your nicotine gum, lozenges and inhalers. The main reason for that is that the nicotine is extracted from tobacco which has orders of magnitude more nitrosamines than any of the fore mentioned products.

The new research that this poor excuse for a researcher quotes, in fact, proved nothing. A tobacco Nazi assumed that it could be more dangerous. However, nothing in the study drew that conclusion.

A little research goes a long way if you decide to do it.

Did I mention this troll that posted this comment is Ethic soup. How ethical is that?"

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
Well it seems they are attempting to discourage new vapers huh?

Yep but everytime a Blog or a piece of News comes out,the more the word spreads and anyone can see that they do work and they're much safer than carrying on smoking. I've seen replys to these were comments are allowed saying 'oh,i'll try those' etc.

If i was a smoker and came across that Blog,i'd be searching for 'Electronic Cigarettes' now :)

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Funny but I'm a former 2+ ppd x <40 years and I find I'm inhaling less deeply as I enjoy the flavors in my mouth .I'm sure I do get nicotine absorbsion but as for the deep draw into the lungs well not so much and even less as time goes on.I'm enjoyin' the heck out of my ecigs and it's a shame OTHERS don't.Peace,GKK/Sue;)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Funny but I'm a former 2+ ppd x <40 years and I find I'm inhaling less deeply as I enjoy the flavors in my mouth .I'm sure I do get nicotine absorbsion but as for the deep draw into the lungs well not so much and even less as time goes on.I'm enjoyin' the heck out of my ecigs and it's a shame OTHERS don't.Peace,GKK/Sue;)

How much less than 40 years did you smoke? :p Just joking. I think you probably wanted to type >40, but I couldn't resist lifting my own spirits after reading Unethic Soup's comment. :p Darn, I cant get my tongue to stay in my mouth. ;) There

SgtDGun

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
I sent this to Talbot

umm are you advocating cigarette smoking over E-cig smoking?
who pays for your research? the tobacco lobby?

you didn't test any of the vapor or smoke during this test?

and i don't know anyone that just puffs on a cig and blows it out. it's a puff followed by a inhale. the level of inhale is based on the individual. using a e-cig is done in much the same way. only a portion of the smoke or vapor makes it to your lungs during the puff, most is held in the mouth and throat, then it is inhaled.

the FDA study was so full of holes and inaccuracies, that it is also almost useless. only 1 capsule from one vendor was found to contain antifreeze, and as far as the nitrosamines go the levels were as low or lower than whats found in nicotine gum or the patch, way below what is in a cigarette.
I am not associated in any way with any organization that is funded by or profiting from any of these products.
I am just a E-Cig convert from smoking and my COPD symptoms are disappearing, I have feel less tired, sleep better too.
look for more info here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
David Gunther

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Left this comment. It says comments are moderated. I am now accepting bets as to whether or not this one gets approved.

Handy guide to the quantity of nitrosamines in a one-day supply of products that contain nicotine:

16 mg. e-cigarette liquid (1 gram) - 8 nanograms
24 mg. Nicotine patch (1 ea.) - 8 nanograms
4 mg. Nicotine gum (10 pieces) - 20 nanograms
20 Full-flavor Marlboros (1 pack) - 110,000 nanograms

Personally, my money is on the real cigarettes for the title of "most likely to cause cancer."

If users are inhaling the vapor more deeply as the day goes on, it doesn't appear to be harming their lungs. Multiple surveys show that 90% of users experience improved breathing and lung function. I've been using one since March of 2009 and my wheezing has disappeared, along with the productive morning cough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread