Unethical Soup is at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I can't figure out how to access the comments section. I'm afraid "comment feed" is beyond me experience since I don't subscribe to any of the choices.
Any suggestions? Anyone?

You have to "sign in" with Typepad (what I used, created an account), Facebook, Twitter, etc. There are buttons next to "Sign in with..." under this:
Post a comment
Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
who are you referring to? the gum comment was funny and even somewhat appropriate.

it points out how ridiculous this study was
Oh no,I am speaking of the dreadful person writing the Michigan article and posting it on the website. The one everyone is calling a troll. What does troll mean?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
she moderates her comments section so it wont get shown anyway

Sharon apparently feels censorship should only be acceptable on blogs she writes-

"The Focus on the Family folks from Colorado Springs have a well-publicized history of trying to censor others -- particularly homosexuals. To them, people and books that are not conservative and not anti-gay are bad. Now they are using the very laws which they'ved stated they abhor to guarantee their rights o f protest. Their "loving" Christian values usually focus on hate.

My favorite quote on censorship comes from Tommy Smothers, who said:
"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen.""

Sharon McEachern as a comment one year ago. Emphasis added.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
are they really advocating smoking over vaping omg?

Indirectly, yes. That seems to be the norm among the anti-smoke crowd. Strange but true. As much as this point gets brought before them by us, they never fail to ignore it.
It just doesn't compute.
With them it's pretty much "quit nicotine or die", the later choice being perfectly acceptable being as we're a bunch of low-life drug addicts. Smoking or vaping is all the same to them. It's very different from just concern for health. It's something else.

Reyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
USA
Well until I read the Gupta post and replies I didn't really realize the level of -- I really am not familiar with a word that means "looking down your nose at somebody with an air of superiority" -- but this "something else" you mention is definately a reality. I saw it clearly in a few of the Gupta replies.

It is a grave sickness.

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
Left this comment. It says comments are moderated. I am now accepting bets as to whether or not this one gets approved.

Elaine,she's your stalker didn't you know?? She's following you around and posting after you in places you probably wouldn't think to backtrack on.I followed some studies from links on a particular 'press release' page and there she is commenting right after you.

Hi Soup,how's the Vapes ;) :pop:

Elaine,you do a fine job :thumbs:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Well until I read the Gupta post and replies I didn't really realize the level of -- I really am not familiar with a word that means "looking down your nose at somebody with an air of superiority" -- but this "something else" you mention is definately a reality. I saw it clearly in a few of the Gupta replies.

It is a grave sickness.

I believe that the word you are searching for is "arrogance."

A synonym that I learned recently is "hubris."
hu·bris (hy br s) also hy·bris (h -). n. Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance:

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oh no,I am speaking of the dreadful person writing the Michigan article and posting it on the website. The one everyone is calling a troll. What does troll mean?

A troll is someone who lurks in forums and chat rooms of groups that have an opposite opinion to his/her own. They often leave posts or responses designed to argue for the sake of argument, to disrupt the train of the discussion.

Trolls also pop up in the comments sections of articles and blog posts.

We might be considered trolls by those who are afraid of the e-cigarette. But I would say that most of us are endeavoring to correct disinformation or misunderstandings of the facts, not to disrupt the conversation.

You can often recognize a troll by the fact that when presented with irrefutable evidence that disproves their point, they resort to name-calling.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Joke's on Sharon.

She may be able to control comments on her blog post. But if she is going to go around advertising her blog within comments on public sites, she needs to remember that she does not control the comments that get posted there.

I don't expect to ever see my comment posted on Unethical Soup, but CentralMichiganLife just published it, right under her advertisement.

Moral of the story: You can't hide from the truth forever.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
FDA Warns: ‘E-Cigarettes’ Contain Toxic, Cancer-Causing Chemicals

FDA Warns: ‘E-Cigarettes’ Contain Toxic, Cancer-Causing Chemicals — Attorney At Law

Plus our friend Sharon again-

"I simply can’t believe it! Even after the FDA warning, there are columnists and folks leaving blog comments bragging about puffing on e-cigarettes instead of real cigarettes. What, cancer from a pretend cigarette is a better way to die than getting cancer from real tobacco? Denial just will not stay in Africa. One of the better articles on e-cigs, which warned consumers months ago about safety concerns, is at:"

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
FDA Warns: ‘E-Cigarettes’ Contain Toxic, Cancer-Causing Chemicals

FDA Warns: ‘E-Cigarettes’ Contain Toxic, Cancer-Causing Chemicals — Attorney At Law

Plus our friend Sharon again-

"I simply can’t believe it! Even after the FDA warning, there are columnists and folks leaving blog comments bragging about puffing on e-cigarettes instead of real cigarettes. What, cancer from a pretend cigarette is a better way to die than getting cancer from real tobacco? Denial just will not stay in Africa. One of the better articles on e-cigs, which warned consumers months ago about safety concerns, is at:"

It's an old comment, from July 2009. Just shows you that she was roaming around advertising her fiction writing back then, as now.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
A troll is someone who lurks in forums and chat rooms of groups that have an opposite opinion to his/her own. They often leave posts or responses designed to argue for the sake of argument, to disrupt the train of the discussion.

Trolls also pop up in the comments sections of articles and blog posts.

We might be considered trolls by those who are afraid of the e-cigarette. But I would say that most of us are endeavoring to correct disinformation or misunderstandings of the facts, not to disrupt the conversation.

You can often recognize a troll by the fact that when presented with irrefutable evidence that disproves their point, they resort to name-calling.
Thank you for the definition. Now--is it wise or unwise to bar such a person from posting on this website?

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Thank you for the definition. Now--is it wise or unwise to bar such a person from posting on this website?

Are you talking about barring her from posting on ECF? If so, that would be between her and the mods...as long as she adheres to forum rules she would be free to post. Same goes for anywhere else due to that pesky 1st Amendment thingie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread