Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
I have Glycerin Vegetable KOSHER USP Food Grade - NON GMO -, and was going to purchase a small bottle of PG, . I know I can vape VG with 10% Distilled water, but I want to mess around with PG/VG levels so I can see what I like, especially if I'm eventually thinking of DIY my own flavors. .. I'm not a big fan of big throat hits, but I don't want to vape 100vg all the timE..

.. I'm just wondering if I mix them according to % or ML and if I still need Distilled water? Or is DS just a preference or needed? I have a 2oz glass dropper bottle, do I just use half vg and half pg if I want 50Pg 50Vg ? I'm just not sure ,
Most Calculator are set for Nicotine and Flavoring. Havent found one that allowed me to use 0 nicotine and 0 flavors ....

Also unflavored 0 Nic ejuice doesn't need to be steeped right? I know Steeping is a preference, but is it usually done when Flavors and Nicotine is added? Or just nicotine?
like is it the Nicotine and/or the Flavoring that is being Steeped?

could I just mix the PG/VG directly in the 2oz glass bottle, since I have a Scale. I already have glass Beakers , but are Glass Cylinder better to use? The less mess, less cleanup, the less I have to buy the better..

Also how do most people wash their glass bottles as to not retain flavors and odors? Boiling them? Or will soap and water will do?

Do people reuse Blunt tip Syringe that were used to measure Flavors? Do they wash the serynge and just get new tips? Or just use new ones all the time? I have disposable graduated pipettes but I know Syringes allow for more control

I know the mixture are mostly trial and error, but I would just like to know the Basics as far what techniques to use when mixing and how most people use and clean their mixing equipment .
Thanks in advance

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
Thanks KATMAR! i also had another question, I have seen some recipes expressed in % and in drops . When they say drops are they being literal? ESPECIALLY since most people use disposable graduated pipettes and those things dont really give u drops, more like u squeeze and almost everything comes out. So Im guessing when they say drops they mean using a dropper. I dunno seema silly to use a unit of measurement that cant be really be measured. Especially when measures really make a difference in DIY Ejuice. J.S.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
syringes and graduated cylinders work best.

But yes they really do mean a drop. How big that drop was, only they know so you have to guess, a few drops shouldn't make a huge difference

If you have a PC download ejuicemeup

On my phone I use ejuice lab

Both will allow you to set nic to zero.

You tell them the total amount and set the % and it will give you the ml needed

You can continue to use water but its really not necessary unless you have wicking problems. Pg will act as the thinning agent.

Personally I clean everything in regular old dawn dish soap with a real good rinse there are a few flavors that stick to plastic real good, in that case I use alcohol before washing.

In most cases with a syringe I just do a quick rinse a few times between flavors with warm water fill, squeeze, fill, squeeze, works OK most of the time. But I do use separate syringes for flavoring, pg/VG and nic so I don't cross contaminate

Syringes are cheap so is a decent cylinder on amazon

Yes 1/2 pg 1/2 VG is 50/50

When you do get into flavors and whatnot make sure to keep detailed notes to remember what you did

Whenever I reup supplies they send those stupid pipettes, they hit the trash as they are worthless.( to me anyways)

Usually just pg/VG will mix fairly quickly with a bit of shaking. The steeping if for the flavoring to break down and bond to the other molecules correctly.

Imagine a big glass of water and you put a drop of red dye in it at first there is just a stream of red where the drop hit, several days later you have a glass of red water as it all mxes together. A very simple example but same for flavoring and to a lesser extent nicotine.

When I mix fresh I notice the nic seems to have more bite and taste a bit peppery, after a few days it is a bit smoother

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Also how do most people wash their glass bottles as to not retain flavors and odors? Boiling them? Or will soap and water will do?

Do people reuse Blunt tip Syringe that were used to measure Flavors? Do they wash the serynge and just get new tips? Or just use new ones all the time? I have disposable graduated pipettes but I know Syringes allow for more control

Good info from Thrasher, just wanted to add a couple of thoughts. I use various sized glass bottles from 15 ml to 1 L and rinse them in warm water when going to a new flavor. I find even if there is a bit of the scent of the old flavor in one after I'm done, which does happen, it does not transfer the flavor to the new mix.

In most mixing sessions I'll use a 10 ml oral syringe like this one for the bigger quantity fluids. The rubber bottle stopper goes into 500 ml bottles of PG and VG so I can turn them upside down to draw from. The large bore 'needle' makes moving VG quick and easy. For flavorings I use 3 ml blunt syringes. I have some recipes that require say one drop of flavoring per 10 ml of juice and I use a pipette for those liquids if they don't come in driper bottles. I don't flush the syringes between flavorings, but I do with the pipette.

There is a very active sub-forum here for DIY juice. The threads at the top of that page have a lot of info in them too.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread