Uniform firmware for many devices - ArcticFox + NFirmwareEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Also can someone help me out with the profiles, what the options are. I've only ever used stock setups

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk
There are 8 of the each is independently programable...... say you have 8 atties with eight different builds... you could set up 8 smart profiles. So that when you attach one the mod automatically switches to that profile.. or like I do shut off the smart feature.. and disable unused profiles... or set up 8 profiles for each atty and build.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52anddone

simplesid242

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Monessen, Pennsylvania, United States
Had anyone tried this on a rx 300 ? Just got mine and was thinking of trying this out. Looks like it would add some nice features, if all works well. Also can this be easily removed to go back to original firmware ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
Also can this be easily removed to go back to original firmware ?

It's really like an ad). Yeah, you can reflash easily, even you broke your device manually and turned on during flashing, you still have access to "magic key" without battery.

Also, there is nighly build and new devices are compatible with ArcticFox

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Very interesting !

Does one know what features it brings to VF stout ?
Could there be some kind of vari-volt profile ?

Regards
JJ
No vari_volt....... you can display vape voltage... use that to set watts.

Really for most mods this doesn't add features..... it really just ads adjustabilty to existing features. I guess it gives you TCR or TFR if you mod doesn't have them. Both those aren't new features just different ways of calculating TC.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Informative

simplesid242

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Monessen, Pennsylvania, United States
Also can this be easily removed to go back to original firmware ?

It's really like an ad). Yeah, you can reflash easily, even you broke your device manually and turned on during flashing, you still have access to "magic key" without battery.

Also, there is nighly build and new devices are compatible with ArcticFox
Thanx. That's all I needed to know. Been flashing phones for years, so I'm not new to custom firmware. However I am new to firmware in the vape world. This is my first mod that's capable of firmware flashing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
Thanx. That's all I needed to know. Been flashing phones for years, so I'm not new to custom firmware. However I am new to firmware in the vape world. This is my first mod that's capable of firmware flashing.
It's usually question, actually, but the developer thought that it's obviously and did not want to make FAQ with questions like this)

• Informative

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
Actually, the developer is great, but sometimes rude person who does't care a lot about usability and popularity)

If you want to suggest new feature, he say that this is ninuzhno/for stupid fools/etc). I think that most of us are fools sometime)
Hi !

well ... he does what he wants, it's his right, anyway the original firmware of vf stout is good enough for me, I just prefer vari-volt but it's the only thing I miss on the stout, so it will save me time not to upgrade mine ;-)

Thanks
JJ

• Informative

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
he does what he wants, it's his right, anyway the original firmware of vf stout is good enough for me, I just prefer vari-volt but it's the only thing I miss on the stout, so it will save me time not to upgrade mine ;-)
I am interested, why some people want to have VV, not VW?)

Is it nostalgia or something like TC on SS?

He does not want change a lot in the code for mostly useless feature, but i've read that it could be realized like VV. Actually, it could show you your voltage in info line.

If you want more, developer could try just to replace Watts with big font to Voltage.

• Informative

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
I am interested, why some people want to have VV, not VW?)
Your not the only one ;-)

actually, I don't like the result of vaping with wattage, I prefer the feeling of the vape with constant volts.

For what VW tries to achieve (king of constant energy consumption in my understanding), I think the Temp control functions are the way to go.

Otherly said, for me mods should have Volts and Temp control which would give you either an actual control on the temp of the coil or the current sent to it. The rest is no use (to me at least;-))

JJ

Dreamject

Dec 15, 2016
actually, I don't like the result of vaping with wattage, I prefer the feeling of the vape with constant volts.
Constantine Volts... On something like Kanthal or Nichrome you get something like constant volts, coz TCR is very low.

Watts are absolutely linear and you can imagine it. With Volts you should to imagine V*V/Ohm. May be it is a funny math training)

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread