Universal bottom feeder adapter mod for all 18xxx bats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
what do you guys think of this?
sort of like the stickler that includes a bottom feeder concept
you could use any 22 mod in any size and atty here is an illustration using the gp paps
this si just the first draft now I need to fine tune everything and open up for advice and tips
CL2UrPw.jpg

9POzlik.jpg

jwCDM7A.jpg

7X2wgFO.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
this looks similar to a bottom feeder I built, only I used a larger base so I could stick a dna in there

20131221_033048_zpsdc35043c.jpg

20131221_034746_zpsba8844b7.jpg

20140131_232024_zpscaae8120.jpg

the biggest problem you will have is getting power to the 510 above the bottle and still making it easy to swap bottles... I made a cartridge style insert that holds the bottle in the tube and passes power from the base to the atty. you can kind of see some of it in the first shot. I don't have any good pics of the internals right now but if you want to see how I did the power to the atty I'll get you some better shots

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
instead of having mine accept a whole mod with a 510 connector I just used a battery tube. I have replaceable tubes for each length. if you use a whole mod then you have to consider where that mods fire button will be, I wanted my fire button to fit comfortably where it's easy to fire while holding it to squonk. also have to consider that in your hand this thing is almost like one of those squeeze grips, if you squeeze it hard and theres a gap between your 2 tubes you'll be stressing the 510, I can even imagine squeezing it hard enough to damage it.

allowing the top to get power and not leak, and making it easy to refill the bottle is the real challenge. the bottle fits in a 18500 length tube but with not much room to spare. how were you considering doing the 510 connector to the atty?

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
instead of having mine accept a whole mod with a 510 connector I just used a battery tube. I have replaceable tubes for each length. if you use a whole mod then you have to consider where that mods fire button will be, I wanted my fire button to fit comfortably where it's easy to fire while holding it to squonk. also have to consider that in your hand this thing is almost like one of those squeeze grips, if you squeeze it hard and theres a gap between your 2 tubes you'll be stressing the 510, I can even imagine squeezing it hard enough to damage it.

allowing the top to get power and not leak, and making it easy to refill the bottle is the real challenge. the bottle fits in a 18500 length tube but with not much room to spare. how were you considering doing the 510 connector to the atty?

Thanks for all your info and feedback!! I really appreciate it!

this will house bottom fire buttons (well top now)

I did thought about the squeezing thing and I was thinking of adding a screw with a soft tip to apply a bit of preasure to the mod once it was in place, that would eliminate any gaps and won't stress the connection

as for the 510 I think I'm going with gdeal's aproach
I was asked to post a pic on the 510 set up for modding the Fatdaddy to a Bottom Feeder. Here is how I did it. All the parts are in the parts list.

The screw head is sanded down (chucked in a drill) to 5.5 mm. The white delrin spacer needs to be sized to fit the screw.

Ij3lgIj.jpg

A0Fz4Yi.jpg

The top lip of the Fatdaddy and the large brass washer form a compression seal between the external top cap and the internal piece (not shown)

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
the biggest problem you will have is getting power to the 510 above the bottle and still making it easy to swap bottles... I made a cartridge style insert that holds the bottle in the tube and passes power from the base to the atty. you can kind of see some of it in the first shot. I don't have any good pics of the internals right now but if you want to see how I did the power to the atty I'll get you some better shots

I know this would be the trickiest part I'll give it a good brainstorming

uselessmidget

May 8, 2014
Illinois
Thanks for all your info and feedback!! I really appreciate it!

this will house bottom fire buttons (well top now)

I did thought about the squeezing thing and I was thinking of adding a screw with a soft tip to apply a bit of preasure to the mod once it was in place, that would eliminate any gaps and won't stress the connection

as for the 510 I think I'm going with gdeal's aproach

So I can see from this picture a bottle hooked to a screw haha. So I assume you drilled a hole through the center of the screw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread