Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Yes - a really good balanced article! Funnily enough, I posted it up yesterday http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/law-e-cigarette/5209-interesting-news-article.html

I think it is a really important proactive step for pubs to take and hats off to the couple who are mentioned in the article. Not only will it get punters back in the pubs thus negating the void that the smoking ban has created, but it is also another positive step towards public awareness/acceptance of our devices...

Pubs in this country have really suffered since the smoking ban and many of our beloved local watering holes are being forced to close down due to people opting to stay at home with a 6 pack but more importantly their beloved packet of fags.

Here's to bringing back smokey (albeit vapour) filled bars!!:D

7slicetoastie

Oct 9, 2008
UK
I agree Smokeinduece,

Over the holidays we went out a few times and the whole of the city centre was pretty much dead.

We just need some plucky entrepneur to open the worlds first Vapour Bar !

I can imagine it now, usb pass through's strategically placed for you to just sit down and connect up and vape away !

Bottles of juice sold behind the counter along with your normal drinks.

Shot's of neat juice being downed by mouth to 'liven' things up !

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
I agree Smokeinduece,

Over the holidays we went out a few times and the whole of the city centre was pretty much dead.

We just need some plucky entrepneur to open the worlds first Vapour Bar !

I can imagine it now, usb pass through's strategically placed for you to just sit down and connect up and vape away !

Bottles of juice sold behind the counter along with your normal drinks.

Shot's of neat juice being downed by mouth to 'liven' things up !

Haha the vapour bar idea sounds like an idea waiting to happen at some point in the future - definitely something out of Brave New World!

Although, i'm not so sure how 'lively' you'd feel after downing a bottle of 36mg.. more 'deathly silent' - definitely not something to be encouraged by any means. 8-o http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/3598-nicotine-safety.html

Perhaps we could substitute that idea for some soma instead... ;)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Sorry I missed out on the other thread! Guess I also didn't make a link, because what I found the most interesting in it was the fact that another university is looking into it - very important I think for the long run.
But if it's double, perhaps this thread should be deleted mods.

Don't worry Katink - I'm sure the other one's got lost somewhere in the webosphere at the rate these new threads are popping up! ;)

That is really good news that another Uni is getting involved - the more hard scientific WHO ammo the better... or at least we live in hope!

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I think this quote is brilliant and so true!

Electronic cigarettes, on the other hand, represent "a great triumph of public health," in his view. "This lets people keep doing something that's very important to them with almost completely eliminating the health effects and that's what real public health is about."

I've sent him an email inviting him to our forum to share his findings. I'd love to have him on board! *fingers crossed* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread