UNOFFICIAL ECF chatroom on Xeromem IRC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
Hi there,
i'm starting this thread to tell everybody that i've started an irc chat that all ecf members are invited to join in..
This chat is an unofficial ECF chatroom on IRC, but with any luck, maybe i can get SJ to join in the fun and make it official, especially since there is a way to put it in the area where the current chat is!!
Now i am aware that another user (can't remember who) created an irc chatroom (i don't remember where) on a different network than the one i put this on, and i do not mean his chat any disrespect.
The chatroom i started is on a network that is owned and also operated by some friendly people i have known for years in the irc community. When needed the admins can be overly helpful.
There are a few different ways that users can access the chatroom. One way is if using firefox, there are plug-ins and addons that will allow you to enter the chat by simply putting in the address. There is also the option (for more savvy users) to download a copy of Mirc, which can be found using a simple google search (although those more savvy users probably already have the mirc client), and finally, there is a web link that will allow you to join the chat directly from your browser without any downloads or addons.
Upon joining the chatroom, you must choose a username. it is preferable that you choose your ECF username or, if already taken, a name that closely resembles your ECF name, so that we know who you are.
The server normally requires users to register, and that would be advisable so that you can keep your username without fear of anybody else using it, but, the owner of the server has given us permission to not be strict on registration, FOR NOW.
To register, upon joining simply type /ns register (your password) (your VALID email address). This address does not need to be one that you normally use.. but you MUST have access to it to finish the registration process, as the network send an email to your signup address for you to paste the finalization in the chat. For anyone needing help with this process simply ask and someone will help if available.
I will post the pertinent information of how to join the chat in the next post.
I created this chatroom because we have alot of random threads where we tend to chat and go offtopic, THIS is the perfect place for that. Please try to follow standard chat/forum ettiquette while in chat. It will be LIGHTLY moderated (ie, you would have to go above and beyond to be banned), so PLEASE remember that people can take text wrongly, and sometimes conversations can be very volatile!
Overall, i would like this chatroom to be a place for us to have fun, and converse in a more realtime manner.
Thank You for your time,
Taukimada

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
for users of firefox download https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

for Mirc users without a Mirc client download mIRC: Download mIRC

for those who have no clue and would prefer to simply use thier browser Online CHAT! #ecf-chat Xeromem you will need java enabled

the browser link will log you directly onto the Irc network and automatically join the chatroom

for all others irc://irc.xeromem.com/ECF-Chat

WE NOW HAVE TRIVIA!!! to join trivia... once logged on simply type /join #ECF-Trivia to join the trivia room

trivia is run by trivia bot.. the main command is !trivia (number of questions to play)to start a trivia game

For a pre-scripted version of Mirc http://rapidshare.com/files/180242437/dragonryder6.1.rar and www.xeromem.com/software/dragonryder.rar

Last edited:

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
Got me installing my old irc again after all these years of not touching it LOL. Is it going to be open 24/7? Any bots running around to entertain? That used to be my fun, making bots do stupid things.......

Thanks,
Teresa

24/7.. and yes.. the network has a bot in channel

:)

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
My thanks taukimada for putting this together........I suggest everyone try this out...You will be entertained for hours on end!!Good Show tauk.....:)The Wiz! ps: if your fortunate enough, you may see and chat with walrus while he is still breathing!

my thanks to you for joining us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread