**Unpopular Post...We know***Ejuice flavor ban is real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis_B

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2017
www.premiervaporandlounge.com
Our industry is under attack from inside and out. Listen, we are advocates of flavored smoke-Free alternative, but for adults ONLY and I am sure many feel the same! However, we are most certainly not advocates of companies replicating food products, Cartoon characters on labels, or any practice that is contrary to responsible business practices, and nor should users of Vapor products unless you don't care to vape flavors anymore!

We know that this is an "unpopular" post, but someone has to start the narrative from within. Not all vape Companies are the same, just like not all ingredients in food or clothing materials are alike. It is not a one size fits all, some are complicit, and many are not!

Unity within begins with recognition that problems exist, then a stand to combat the very issues identified. We ask all, Vapor companies and even consumers to stand in unity and support those who act responsibly and beware of those that do not!

But remember, vape companies acting irresponsibly should not convict an entire industry, there are A LOT OF good actors out there, And we bet more so then not, so SUPPORT THEM!! Together we stand, divided we fall...

LET'S STAND FOR RESPONSIBLE PRACTICES ONLY! WE CAN NOT ENDORSE CHILD LIKE LABELING EVEN IF IT'S NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN, IT STILL LOOKS VERY VERY BAD AND FUELS THE OPPOSITION! CHANGE STARTS FROM WITHIN VAPE FAM!

RP Partners Image copy.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sorry, but I'm not about to bend over on labeling.

Do I care about labels? No, not one bit. Do I care that the FDA is going to attack labels FIRST, to gain traction? Yes, yes I care very much.

I don't know if you've ever "met" a teen, or perhaps the type of teen who is choosing to vape? They're NOT INTO CARTOON CARACTERS. Not even 0.0000000000000001%.

IF they were to select based on labeling, they'd choose the one with the skull and crossbones.

While your post may be well meaning, it is not well informed, IMO.

If every juice company got rid of "cartoon" labels, it would make 0% difference. The FDA is going after flavors regardless. All the "voluntary compliance" in the world is going to do ONE THING ALONE.

Make the FDA's budget for killing off VAPING, because VAPERS are doing it to themselves.

NO. Just no.

Anna

Travis_B

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2017
While I truly appreciate your opinion, we actually are very well informed. Our company has council and our team meets with politicians, businesses and consumers regularly.

The general consensus is that while cartoon characters may not be the culprit, it only fuels the opposition. Why add gas to an already flaming fire?

That doesn't make sense. When we fight for our rights in the district of Columbia or anywhere, and a wall sized screen illustrating a carton character on a nicotine containing bottle appears, our position weakens!

And with respect, the fight is not over, until it is over! We need responsible practices to depict a responsible industry, which in turn will give more credence to our position!

Thanks for the comment Stols!!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
In a way i hear what your saying. Vaping has come a long way for this longtime vapor of nearly 8 years.

At first it was an alternative to quit smoking for many of us but lately it has become either a hobby for many newcomers that may have never been hooked on cigs or just the latest thing to do.
Who can blow the biggest cloud who has the most powerful device etc etc and it has gotten out of hand with many companies coming up with some ridiculous names for devices, tanks,eliquid etc .

There seems like now there is no going back unless enforced by the FDA sad to say but who knows what the future holds either case this vapor-er is fully prepared for bad times that may be yet to come.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm sorry, but I'm not about to bend over on labeling.

Do I care about labels? No, not one bit. Do I care that the FDA is going to attack labels FIRST, to gain traction? Yes, yes I care very much.

I don't know if you've ever "met" a teen, or perhaps the type of teen who is choosing to vape? They're NOT INTO CARTOON CARACTERS. Not even 0.0000000000000001%.

IF they were to select based on labeling, they'd choose the one with the skull and crossbones.

While your post may be well meaning, it is not well informed, IMO.

If every juice company got rid of "cartoon" labels, it would make 0% difference. The FDA is going after flavors regardless. All the "voluntary compliance" in the world is going to do ONE THING ALONE.

Make the FDA's budget for killing off VAPING, because VAPERS are doing it to themselves.

NO. Just no.

Anna

+1

So, we start boycotting shops?

Yep.. I vote for boycotting all those who bend over for the communists and refuse to fight for vaping..

All we hear is that it's for the children when that's the last thing it's about..

• Winner
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Oh NOOOO! This is a time for unity, NOT BOYCOTTING! There are A LOT companies that practice good business then bad! Support them. This is a very complex topic, but it must start.

Explain Juul's popularity among underage teens in New York then..

Not a cartoon one on any Juul package.

I don't support copyright violations, but if we are outlawing things kids aren't old enough to have anyway, then eventually we will be outlawing the very things that save lives.

To vape shops: don't sell to underage kids. To manufacturers: don't violate copyright.. other than that I don't care how manufacturers advertise or what they put on their labels.

If you didn't notice their target audience with that type of packaging is young adults from their early to mid 20's to the mid to late 30's.

My son is 34 years old.. he loves that type of packaging.. it attracts him and reminds him of flavors he loved when he was a kid. He quit a 3 PAD habit and began vaping.. and quite frankly I don't care how manufacturers try to sell to him.. he isn't smoking.

Where is the alarm for candy flavored alcohol?

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Some would say "don't poke the bear."

So, we start boycotting shops?
A first step might just be not buying brands that use that kind of labeling. Boycotting shops will hurt the shops more than the brands but if management are conscientious, they might stop stocking the brands that are problematic.

Travis_B

Unregistered Supplier
May 8, 2017
Explain Juul's popularity among underage teens in New York then..

Not a cartoon one on any Juul package.

I don't support copyright violations, but if we are outlawing things kids aren't old enough to have anyway, then eventually we will be outlawing the very things that save lives.

To vape shops: don't sell to underage kids. To manufacturers: don't violate copyright.. other than that I don't care how manufacturers advertise or what they put on their labels.

If you didn't notice their target audience with that type of packaging is young adults from their early to mid 20's to the mid to late 30's.

My son is 34 years old.. he loves that type of packaging.. it attracts him and reminds him of flavors he loved when he was a kid. He quit a 3 PAD habit and began vaping.. and quite frankly I don't care how manufacturers try to sell to him.. he isn't smoking.

Where is the alarm for candy flavored alcohol?

I 1000000% agree with what you are saying, however, alcohol is not the subject of pending regulations, in fact, that ended almost 100 years ago...And resulted in strict regulations! And it is not what we care about or how we feel on the topic, it is what the FDA cares about, because they have the regulatory authority.

What I am saying, simply, is we need NOT to add fuel to the fire! We need to be conscientious of what will harm our industry. We have to deal with enough on its face, having to defend a bottle with a cartoon character on it is a real tough fight! The industry in a whole need to be responsible so that Flavor availability prevails, that is what this is all about. Trust me, we have been fighting for our vaping rights for 6 years!

The FDA's position, which was stated publicly only 4 months ago, was that they "did not plan on enforcing", but due bad labeling practices, public scrutiny from the opposition and a complete disregard for standards, their position has pivoted in what will now be a "sustained enforcement campaign". That puts major pressure on the entire industry that we DO NOT NEED! We have enough bad publicity, this is just another blow! It is hard enough for any business to enjoy successes, add this fight, and the odds are stacked!

I appreciate your comment

• Optimistic

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I 1000000% agree with what you are saying, however, alcohol is not the subject of pending regulations, in fact, that ended almost 100 years ago...And resulted in strict regulations! And it is not what we care about or how we feel on the topic, it is what the FDA cares about, because they have the regulatory authority.

What I am saying, simply, is we need NOT to add fuel to the fire! We need to be conscientious of what will harm our industry. We have to deal with enough on its face, having to defend a bottle with a cartoon character on it is a real tough fight! The industry in a whole need to be responsible so that Flavor availability prevails, that is what this is all about. Trust me, we have been fighting for our vaping rights for 6 years!

The FDA's position, which was stated publicly only 4 months ago, was that they were "did not plan on enforcing", but due bad labeling practices, public scrutiny from the opposition and a complete disregard for standards, their position has pivoted in what will now be a "sustained enforcement campaign". That puts major pressure on the entire industry that we DO NOT NEED! We have enough bad publicity, this is just another blow! It is hard enough for any business to enjoy successes, add this fight, and the odds are stacked!

I appreciate your comment

No.. your wrong on what started this new fight on flavors..

The anti vapers have long been against flavors saying flavors attract kids and minorities... this new fight is simply that fight being doubled down.

Why? Because a couple teens who overdosed on nicotine told authorities they didn't know there was nicotine in the ejuice they bought.

Any parent knows those kids who practically pulled teeth to get ejuice illegally knew factually there was nicotine in that ejuice and intentionally bought and vaped it specifically for that nicotine content.

Those kids are being used as pawns in the game to destroy vaping as we know it, all based on lies because no one is telling you what brand of ejuice they bought.. that would dispell the lie that cartoon labels had anything to do with it and we can't have that..

As far as fighting for 6 years I know.. I've been vaping and advocating for vaping for four. But I refuse to capitulate to the lies of our opponents when we have a truth to stand upon. This truth is not untenable, adults watch cartoons every day - there are cartoons that specifically cater to adults so no, the labels are not indefensible, and when we agree to lies and spread them we have done vaping a disservice because you are parroting the lies of the anti-vapers and I'll be dead before you see me do that.

This war is no different than the war on people making 'shine back in the day.. it's about government control and money.. not about kids or people.

I'll not start lying and helping the anti vapers spread propaganda against the vaping industry. If we are to fight it should be with the truth and only the truth. If that means standing here and fighting for the freedom of manufacturers to have colorful labels then so be it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread