Unresistored contact disk (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
I'm curious to try the V2 at 6v. Where would I get an unresistored contact disk? Is there some kind of washer or o-ring I can try that would fit? If someone can post the specs of such a thing that I can pick up at Lowea or Home Depot please do so.I would think the contact disk for the Protege is unresistored and would fit. Are they available for a reasonable price?TIA

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Adeem ...

Once we have caught up stock wise, I will be putting the button with the extra contact disk up for sale. Reason I prefer to sell the entire button (not entire switch) is because constant removal and replacement of the contact disk will wear down the plastic. It won't be too terribly expensive I don't believe. Probably $4-$5 bucks.

rcc

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
Vienna, Va
Ok. But will doing that provide 6v? Sorry I have so many questions. I have never owned a Protege. Thanks!

Yes Doing that will make the V2 6v:thumbs:

I will say that if you don't have a protege mechanical switch laying around don't go buy one for $20 when PS will sell the copper button I am talking about for around $5 (see post #2 this thread)

Rick

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
Once we have caught up stock wise, I will be putting the button with the extra contact disk up for sale. Reason I prefer to sell the entire button (not entire switch) is because constant removal and replacement of the contact disk will wear down the plastic. It won't be too terribly expensive I don't believe. Probably $4-$5 bucks.

Steve - will this option also be available for the V1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread