Unsafe Metals in E-Cigs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Junk science.... No references, no verifiable reports. Oxygen is an oxidizer, yet you need it to live, even though it's killing you.
Using this information, Zippo's and Bic's , not to mention Any type of pot, pan or bakery sheet (and your barbeque grill) would have killed you faster....

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I am reporting this thread. This looks like Troll action to me and if it's ignorance I suggest you think twice before posting garbage like this that can be searched on the general forum. Use some common sense!
You're joking I hope. Anyway, looks like one less business for me to support. Yours.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
You're joking I hope.
Why would I joke about the spread of misinformation?

Anyway, looks like one less business for me to support. Yours.
Oh my. You won't be driving to Virginia to shop at my retail store? Because I called out a troll thread for what it was? I guess I'll have to hang it up then and start selling used cars.

Watch and see if this thread doesn't go bye bye.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
The metal mesh in atomizers sees no electricity and (relatively) little heat. It is there to transfer juice to the silica wick which is wrapped with nichrome (or Kanthal) wire, which is heated by applying an electrical current. The reason atomizers need replaced is this wire breaks after repeated heating cycles, not that the metal mesh is worn away.

This "article" shows that little if any research was done.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I am reporting this thread. This looks like Troll action to me and if it's ignorance I suggest you think twice before posting garbage like this that can be searched on the general forum. Use some common sense!

Why would I joke about the spread of misinformation?

Oh my. You won't be driving to Virginia to shop at my retail store? Because I called out a troll thread for what it was? I guess I'll have to hang it up then and start selling used cars.

Watch and see if this thread doesn't go bye bye.

Get over yourself! How unprofessional can one be?

The truth is that heating metal CAN release toxic gases. Does an atomizer do that? I'm not sure.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
I have never been called a troll in my life! I merely asked your opinion on it. Wow! Forget I asked! I only asked for my own sake as a person honestly wondering if anyone else had seen it and what they thought about it. I thought that is what this forum is for.
PLEASE. Research negative articles before posting them. Internet misinformation is re-post driven. There are some very wealthy and very powerful people who have made it their mission to take these devices away from you. Posting their propaganda articles on a site with tons of traffic makes their cause gain steam. It lends validity to their lie. This type of action can only hurt us. You may have meant well. But it is not advisable to post anything that can be used against us on this forum. This forum is one of the first things that comes up on neutral searches of the topic. Half a million Americans die every year from tobacco related illness. Crap like this will be used to harass and discouraged people who could otherwise avoid becoming one of those statistics. Further more if you feel you must post something horrible about this industry on ECF make damn sure you have your facts straight or you are part of the problem, be it unwittingly or not.

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
The metal mesh in atomizers sees no electricity and (relatively) little heat. It is there to transfer juice to the silica wick which is wrapped with nichrome (or Kanthal) wire, which is heated by applying an electrical current. The reason atomizers need replaced is this wire breaks after repeated heating cycles, not that the metal mesh is worn away.

This "article" shows that little if any research was done.

Thanks, Tomcat. That makes me feel alot better. I was only asking for myself and figured someone would at least make me feel better about it. I guess I shouldn't have posted a question about it.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: heated.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
And what is a troll anyways? All I've ever done is try to help people in this forum. So go ahead and report me because alot of people in here know me in real life also and know I am always only interested in supporting vaping and helping as many people learn about it as possible.

Most of us are grown up enough that even if we think the premise of the article you posted is faulty, we know you weren't being a troll by posting it.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
metal fibrils, metallic sponges, Nichrome Wire wrapped inside fiber wicks,

The fact that the e-cigarette is a drug delivery devise (for nicotine), it is classified as a drug product, which cannot be presented as a treatment, cure, or a diagnosis of any disease.

What a load of Bollocks!

And as for this: "Researchers at Stanford University have shown that rats exposed to these ions in scaled quantities of those emitted from electronic cigarettes via injection and inhalation, displayed significant changes in short and long term memory" - yeah? It probably got better! But they'd never admit to that either.:D

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Get over yourself! How unprofessional can one be?

The truth is that heating metal CAN release toxic gases. Does an atomizer do that? I'm not sure.
Show me some evidence that e-cigs have harmed anyone. Then show me some evidence that said harm is equal to or greater then the harm caused by smoking tobacco. If you can't then it is a bad idea to assert such. I'm sorry if I offended you but this type of behavior is harmful to our cuase. Point blank.

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
  • Mac
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: heated.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Most of us are grown up enough that even if we think the premise of the article you posted is faulty, we know you weren't being a troll by posting it.

Thanks, gthompson. I've seen you around here alot. I just think it's kind of crazy that a person asks a question in here and everyone starts yelling "troll" and getting angry. Well, luckily not everyone. There sure seems to be alot of "troll" paranoia lately. <shakes head in confusion>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread