Unsure about what type of cartridge/clearomizer to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hancawk

Oct 26, 2013
California
I have a 900mAh 3.7v battery that I bought from volcano ecigs. It's called the inferno. I hate their cartridges and clearomizers. I have been looking to by a different brand of clearomizers. When researching I came across 510E's, F16's, CE4's and I'm so lost as to what I need. I know that I need something that's 1.5 - 2.0 ohms. But that's all I really know. I'm sorta new to all this and really trying to understand all the different names for batteries and brands and abbreviations. Please help to inform me on what I need exactly. Thank you

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I highly recommend either Kanger Evods or Kanger Mini Protanks. Both are bottom coil clearomizers and very easy to understand and use. The Evods will be less expensive, but the Protanks (because they're glass rather than plastic) will be less vulnerable to "tank-cracker" juices such as cinnamon, wintergreen, clove, and citrus. DiscountVapers.com is a good source, but there are many others as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Any eGo-threaded clearomizer or cartomizer will work with your battery. Most of them come with replaceable coils of different resistances. I wouldn't use 1.5Ω coils with your batteries, frankly. 1.8-2.2Ω is a good range for 3.7v batteries. Never herad of 510 Es--unless you mean the CE series--I don't recommend them (CE4 is part of that line). F16? Do you mean a Boge F16 carto tank? If so, I recommend an F15 boge carto tank because it's the same diameter as your battery.

I like the Kanger BCC line a lot--try a T3S, baby T3, eVod or ProTank mini (as Mad suggested above). If you want to try a top coil, the Kanger T2 is very nice--for a top coil.

Good luck!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Won't recommend anything but just a pic. Your PV may accept either 510 or eGo threaded accessories.

ego2e.jpg

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm going to have to buy an adapter for the kanger evod since it uses external threads and mine is only 510. I think that's what I'm going to do. Good reviews on the kanger evod

You may be able to find one in a B&M. Luckily lots of them in CA:
Electric Cigarette|Eliquid|Supplies|Electronic Cigarette|Ejuice|Smokeless|Vapor Search USA
Realize there are 2 diff types of clearos: bottom coil (cooler vape) and top coil (warmer vape). Also some are plastic and certain "acidic" juices will destroy the plastic. There are also glass ckearos to resolve this issue.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I highly recommend either Kanger Evods or Kanger Mini Protanks.

Me, too.

The MT3s and T3s (has to be the S type) are very nice too.

All of these are bottom coils. You might want to try a top coil and see how you like it, ie. Vivi novas, Iclear 16, Iclear 30s, Vision stardusts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread