The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Update: 78 year old FIL has quit smoking!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by OldBatty, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OldBatty

OldBatty Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Actually quit about two weeks ago but the wife and I had colds so we were not going inside their house to visit. Got a chance to talk with him today and he confirmed analogs were getting 'nasty tasting' the last few days before he quit. Not ready to try non tobacco flavors yet but is testing some more of the ten (way too strong) tobacco flavors he started with last December. Small pulls and alternating them with his favorite 'Tall Paul' in 12 mg/ml from another vendor.

Recoiled one of his three tanks for the first time today. He is obviously not a heavy vaper to make three coils last over two full months. Still plan to take him to a local B&M vape shop to see box mods and clouds and all that other fun stuff.:) Just found a bigger local shop two towns south of here. Shocked to learn they are one of the on line vendors occasionally mentioned here!

Oh, will no longer be able to start threads in the new-members-forum after tonight. Guess I'm all growed up now:2cool:

2. GBL1

GBL1 Full Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Moapa, Nv
    Right on. No better time to quit than the present. lol

3. Frenchfry1942

Frenchfry1942 Chillin' Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    Yep, Congrats!

Yep, now you can post in the myriad of others. Took me a month to figure out what goes where...

4. ScrappyTaco

ScrappyTaco Full Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Billings, Mt
    Turn him on to the streaming video site called Vapers.tv it's a hoot to watch, usually multiple video shows, alot of talk of juices, new mods and how to coil and all that. It's pretty entertaining actually.

5. GretaGarbo

GretaGarbo Senior Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Cape Cod
    OldBatty..what a great story!! So very nice that you are helping him!!

6. Rsunderl

Rsunderl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's fantastic news! Thanks for sharing!

7. mightymen

mightymen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Hip Hip Hooray.

Great :)
    [​IMG]

8. OldBatty

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Think I could since six posts, now with 70 it is must. And yes figuring out what goes where is often a problem.

Will check them out. Though the in laws have satellite TV and no internet and we are just the opposite.

Oh and thanks all for the advice and support!

9. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Sweet Carolina Girl!
    [​IMG]

How great is this? Thanks for the good feeling story.

10. Joules_Verne

Joules_Verne Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2013
    SW France
    Congrats to him ! and kudos to you for helping out.
    Hope he feels as pleased with his achievement as I did 18mths ago at 69y/o,
    successfully quitting after smoking for 55yrs.

11. OldBatty: great timing! I just now posted about searching for an elderly vaper to write a magazine feature on. Read my post, "Searching for elderly vaper for magazine feature." Think you FIL would be interested??

12. mightymen

mightymen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
  13. OldBatty

Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Saw your thread and was planing on asking him... He said he would think about it, but does not really want the limelight. Shame, as his short white beard makes him look like a Santa Claus in training.

14. choochoogranny

choochoogranny Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    chattanooga, tn, usa
    TheVapingMilitia just posted an interview with Karen Lee as well as a super letter she wrote. 75 yrs. old, vaping 4 yrs. and she tells it like it is! :laugh:

15. Gotcha. Either way, tell him congrats on putting down the cigs!!

16. staceybritt13

staceybritt13 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow! Very impressive congratulations and much applause to you for helping him out.

17. greybucket

greybucket Full Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Indiana
    Congrats! It was a big moment when I got my mom to make the switch so I know how you feel.

18. gingertalk196

gingertalk196 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2014
    New Jersey
    Great job! Wish I could convince my sister-in-law who is 75 :-( Ginger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.