Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is definitely a call to action to everyone that thinks it can't happen in their state.
It is like a virus spreading across the US like a wildfire :(

So far, the worst are Indiana, Utah, Arkansas and now Pennsylvania.

Not sure about Texas ........ a couple eliquid sites I used to use have them listed as state they won't ship to anymore............??

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
. I've been taking my time (within the constraints forced on us by the FDA) trying to figure out what gear will work best for me and purchasing it bit by bit since May. I have to mull to a lot. I'm a Texan, so I mull and mosey. :) Now suddenly I feel rushed, like, I'd better do less thinking and more buying before some hammer comes down somewhere that makes it prohibitive cost-wise or impossible to get what I need.
I hear you loud and clear. Allow me to offer up my game plan....

I've got 5 metal REOs and about 6 bottom fed atomizers (RM2, Origen 16, No Fear Again). I also have two gallons of vg and 2 of pg (need to get more) and I have 3 liters of 100mg nic base. If it comes to it, I can vape unflavored liquid for the rest of my life and only have to buy wire for my coils.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I hear you loud and clear. Allow me to offer up my game plan....

I've got 5 metal REOs and about 6 bottom fed atomizers (RM2, Origen 16, No Fear Again). I also have two gallons of vg and 2 of pg (need to get more) and I have 3 liters of 100mg nic base. If it comes to it, I can vape unflavored liquid for the rest of my life and only have to buy wire for my coils.
I'd love to get another Reo Grande + a couple more bf atties and at least one more Provari 2.5. I'm good on mechs and RBAs but I feel short on regulated mods. I've fallen for the IPV D3 and would love a gross of those, lol. I do want a bit of variety though.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I am confused as to what taxes I, as a consumer, am responsible for. Can anyone answer?
@retired1

If you order online from out-of-state you are required to submit 40% of the purchase price to the department of revenue by the 20th of the following month as an "unclassified importer." The department may issue a statement requiring less frequent submission.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
All of us here in PA are hurting today. This is a well crafted guillotine designed to kill the industry and all use of vaping supplies in any fashion.

In fact, even supplies that you have in your own possession in PA, regardless of when you bought them, may be covered:

Section 1207-A. Sales or possession of tobacco product when tax
not paid.
(a) Sales or possession.--Any person who sells or possesses
any tobacco product for which the proper tax has not been paid
commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be
sentenced to pay costs of prosecution and a fine of not less
than $100 nor more than $1,000 or to imprisonment for not more
than 60 days, or both, at the discretion of the court. Any
tobacco products purchased from a wholesaler properly licensed
under this article shall be presumed to have the proper taxes
paid.
(b) Tax evasion.--Any person that shall falsely or
fraudulently, maliciously, intentionally or willfully with
intent to evade the payment of the tax imposed by this article
sells or possesses any tobacco product for which the proper tax
has not been paid commits a felony and shall, upon conviction,
be sentenced to pay costs of prosecution and a fine of not more
than $5,000 or to imprisonment for not more than five years, or
both, at the discretion of the court.​

So, if you're walking around with a bottle of juice you've had for years, or DIY? Apparently, it's up to a 5 year prison sentence.

So lets say you CAN find a vendor who meets all criteria, and you get some liquid from them, paying a price that'll cover the extra taxes... wait, you lost the receipt??

Section 1214-A. Failure to furnish information, returning false
information or failure to permit inspection.
(a) Penalty.--Any taxpayer who fails to keep or make any
record, return, report, inventory or statement, or keeps or
makes any false or fraudulent record, return, report, inventory
or statement required by this article commits a misdemeanor and
shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay costs of prosecution
and a fine of $500 and to imprisonment for not more than one
year, or both, at the discretion of the court.​

Prison time, again. It should say retailer, or wholesaler, but it doesn't. This entire section of law makes it clear that these rules all apply to individual persons as well, not just the businesses or their representatives.

"Unclassified importer." A consumer who purchases tobacco
products using the Internet or mail order catalogs for personal
possession or use in this Commonwealth from persons that are not
licensed.
1202-A (c) Unclassified importer.--The tax is imposed on an
unclassified importer at the time of purchase at the same rate
as in subsections (a) and (a.1) based on the unclassified
importer's purchase price of the tobacco products. The
unclassified importer shall remit the tax to the department​

GET ANGRY. CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.
This is all effective before the FDA hammer even comes down.

When I purchased my items as a consumer all the proper tax was paid. Possession of used gear and opened bottles of eLiquid are not covered by that statute.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
.............who just named Indiana Governor Mike Pence as his running mate AND we all know what has happened in Indiana in regards to vaping/businesses :eek: .....yeah lets put him second in command of the country :facepalm:
I agree..........bad choice for VP......I have no idea what he is thinking.............I believe trump is a free market capitalist( at least he speaks as one)..........Hillary would be a Disaster for America ,as was/is Obama ............I live in PA.......im speechless amidst this Atrocity .......We pay these public officials to restrict/tax/control/ and steal from us.............we need a political reformation .....or game over

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I'm about to turn 59 years old. I am starting to believe that if the unconstitutional and monumental government overreach does not end, there will be an uprising of the people that will make 1776 look like a picnic. I really think I'll still be here to witness and/or participate in it.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I'm about to turn 59 years old. I am starting to believe that if the unconstitutional and monumental government overreach does not end, there will be an uprising of the people that will make 1776 look like a picnic. I really think I'll still be here to witness and/or participate in it.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
The younger generations are not what they used to be. I think it will have to be the baby boomers that create the revolution, so it had best be soon...

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I am stunned they can do this, how is that "floor tax" even legal. No business could survive such a hit.
its called extortion....sad because PA govt has lost their American roots........we were not founded on the idea of taxation to destroy. there should be many lawsuits.. and i view any cop 'enforcing' the proof of purchase as a form of police harrassment.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Gary Johnson Doesn't Get This Whole Vaping Thing

Read this article in GQ today. Johnson was asked about vaping.
You sure he's talking about vaping nicotine. Knowing him, i'm almost certain he is talking about the stuff we can't discuss here !

ETA : After reading your link, I am certain he is talking about the other stuff, he states that he is an " edibles guy ".

Last edited:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
You sure he's talking about vaping nicotine. Knowing him, i'm almost certain he is talking about the stuff we can't discuss here !

ETA : After reading your link, I am certain he is talking about the other stuff, he states that he is an " edibles guy ".
Yeah. My brain is on the straight and narrow for nicotine vaping. My bad.

Reactions: ENAUD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread