Upgrade...failing rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat9229

Aug 20, 2013
Pahoa, HI, USA
I used to have an Ego style battery and was rebuilding my coils with 32 gauge kanthal wire and cotton wicks(i like the flavor of it and i am not going to change), recently i got over the low vapor that i got and the restrictions with the battery so for my birthday i purchased a whole new system i had been researching, the amazingly awesome Zmax V2 with a ProTank 2 on it and tried to rebuild after the nasty taste of silica wick. I tested the resistance of my first rebuild with a 2.2 ohm rating but i was having a hard time sucking through it. I don't know if i am not rebuilding the bottom coil right or what because i am used to the top coils. I need some advice here...

Kat9229

Aug 20, 2013
Pahoa, HI, USA
yeah they are clear when i rebuilt it i put only 2 of the 4 threads of cotton for the coils and then one for the flavor wick, it didnt work out...it read 2.2 ohms when i tested it on my Zmax then when i tried to hit it it was so hard to pull and my last stock wick was like that too so i figured it went out thats why i rebuilt it. I don't know what else to check unless i got to stick with silica but i don't like the taste.

Kat9229

Aug 20, 2013
Pahoa, HI, USA
I seem to be burning the stock carto's quick too 2 days and they taste burnt i was running 2.4 ohm's on 7.5 volts Power and my 2.6 that i have at 5 volts that i put in this morning is starting to taste burnt again too. Im wondering if it's the fluid, i picked up what i believe to be a 50/50 mix but the shops around here don't know what their mixes are because they buy them from other people. I will see as soon as my shipment of 33 pg mix comes in form Mr-E-Liquid.com

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I seem to be burning the stock carto's quick too 2 days and they taste burnt i was running 2.4 ohm's on 7.5 volts Power and my 2.6 that i have at 5 volts that i put in this morning is starting to taste burnt again too. Im wondering if it's the fluid, i picked up what i believe to be a 50/50 mix but the shops around here don't know what their mixes are because they buy them from other people. I will see as soon as my shipment of 33 pg mix comes in form Mr-E-Liquid.com

You mean watts right? 7.5v is a lot of power to push into a 2.4ohm carto, even 5v is gonna burn um up pretty quick.

Probably be closer to 4.2-4.4v @ 2.4ohm personally.

Set your mod to power (watts) start at 6w and move up till it starts to taste burnt, then move down a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread