The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Upgrade...failing rebuild

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Kat9229, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kat9229

Kat9229 Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Pahoa, HI, USA
    I used to have an Ego style battery and was rebuilding my coils with 32 gauge kanthal wire and cotton wicks(i like the flavor of it and i am not going to change), recently i got over the low vapor that i got and the restrictions with the battery so for my birthday i purchased a whole new system i had been researching, the amazingly awesome Zmax V2 with a ProTank 2 on it and tried to rebuild after the nasty taste of silica wick. I tested the resistance of my first rebuild with a 2.2 ohm rating but i was having a hard time sucking through it. I don't know if i am not rebuilding the bottom coil right or what because i am used to the top coils. I need some advice here...

2. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    possible you put to big/to much flavor wick on top
    and it is 'choking off the air passage...?

the 'vent' holes in the base are clear...?

3. Kat9229

Kat9229 Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Pahoa, HI, USA
    yeah they are clear when i rebuilt it i put only 2 of the 4 threads of cotton for the coils and then one for the flavor wick, it didnt work out...it read 2.2 ohms when i tested it on my Zmax then when i tried to hit it it was so hard to pull and my last stock wick was like that too so i figured it went out thats why i rebuilt it. I don't know what else to check unless i got to stick with silica but i don't like the taste.

4. Kat9229

Kat9229 Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Pahoa, HI, USA
    I seem to be burning the stock carto's quick too 2 days and they taste burnt i was running 2.4 ohm's on 7.5 volts Power and my 2.6 that i have at 5 volts that i put in this morning is starting to taste burnt again too. Im wondering if it's the fluid, i picked up what i believe to be a 50/50 mix but the shops around here don't know what their mixes are because they buy them from other people. I will see as soon as my shipment of 33 pg mix comes in form Mr-E-Liquid.com

5. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You mean watts right? 7.5v is a lot of power to push into a 2.4ohm carto, even 5v is gonna burn um up pretty quick.

Probably be closer to 4.2-4.4v @ 2.4ohm personally.

Set your mod to power (watts) start at 6w and move up till it starts to taste burnt, then move down a bit.

6. Kat9229

Kat9229 Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Pahoa, HI, USA
    sorry your right i meant watts lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.