Upgraded my tank but still tasting liquid ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
Hey there guys, new here.

I have a Vappresso Revenger Mini kit and I have upgraded my tank from NRG SE Mini tank to a "Geekvape Z Sub Ohm tank(Much Larger Tank)". Because I wanted to taste more flavor and still blow lots of clouds in the air with my vaping device being fairly cheap.
I put a New Geekvape Z series coil 0.4ohm 50-60W because I burnt my original 0.2 Ohm coil , I wont talk about my previous coil. I'm getting 2 problems here.

1. I'm using 60W, normal setting and every time I vape or inhale I get a taste of e-liquid in my mouth. However its blowing perfect clouds and still getting an amazing taste but its just that the liquid drops in my mouth. I just want to spit it out every time. How do I fix that problem?

2. The other thing is if I use Higher Wattage and High settings the liquid pours out of the air flow and starts leaking and backspits in my mouth.

(Before I vaped with new coil)I put the new coil in, I soaked it for 10-15mins, while I fill half tank of e-liquid which is 0.8Ng/0.2PG. Then I inhaled 3-4x with no button pressed. Then I vaped to test, still leaking. I set the vape to 70W and high setting then blow downwards into the device 5-6x. All I was trying to do is desaturate it. My results got better didnt notice much of a leak but I still get a little bit of liquid in my mouth. If you can help me out here, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you and kind regards

Tuatara Vaper

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Explanation I've heard for spitting is basically juice building up on top of the coil. One solution is to raise the watts so it burns the juice off faster but you tried that. People suggest a thicker wick to slow the juice flow, or making a contact coil rather than a spaced coil. That wouldn't work for you because you're using pre-made coil heads.

If the head isn't screwed in tightly that could cause leaking from the air holes. Or a bad seal somewhere could mess with the vacuum and cause the coil area to get flooded.

The only thing I can think of is to use higher VG juice, that would also slow down the juice flow a little. Though you already have pretty high VG.

Did you have the same problem with the other coil that got burned? Have you checked for youtube videos, sometimes you can get good tips that way.

Hopefully somebody comes along who knows that tank.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hey there guys, new here.

I have a Vappresso Revenger Mini kit and I have upgraded my tank from NRG SE Mini tank to a "Geekvape Z Sub Ohm tank(Much Larger Tank)". Because I wanted to taste more flavor and still blow lots of clouds in the air with my vaping device being fairly cheap.
    I put a New Geekvape Z series coil 0.4ohm 50-60W because I burnt my original 0.2 Ohm coil , I wont talk about my previous coil. I'm getting 2 problems here.

1. I'm using 60W, normal setting and every time I vape or inhale I get a taste of E-Liquid in my mouth. However its blowing perfect clouds and still getting an amazing taste but its just that the liquid drops in my mouth. I just want to spit it out every time. How do I fix that problem?

2. The other thing is if I use Higher Wattage and High settings the liquid pours out of the air flow and starts leaking and backspits in my mouth.

(Before I vaped with new coil)I put the new coil in, I soaked it for 10-15mins, while I fill half tank of E-liquid which is 0.8Ng/0.2PG. Then I inhaled 3-4x with no button pressed. Then I vaped to test, still leaking. I set the vape to 70W and high setting then blow downwards into the device 5-6x. All I was trying to do is desaturate it. My results got better didnt notice much of a leak but I still get a little bit of liquid in my mouth. If you can help me out here, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you and kind regards

Tuatara Vaper

Welcome to ECF from another kiwi :thumbs:
    I saw this page at Geekvape:
    FAQ Geekvape Z
    And they have an online chat available which may help you get somewhere with your Z tank

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    Explanation I've heard for spitting is basically juice building up on top of the coil. One solution is to raise the watts so it burns the juice off faster but you tried that. People suggest a thicker wick to slow the juice flow, or making a contact coil rather than a spaced coil. That wouldn't work for you because you're using pre-made coil heads.

If the head isn't screwed in tightly that could cause leaking from the air holes. Or a bad seal somewhere could mess with the vacuum and cause the coil area to get flooded.

The only thing I can think of is to use higher VG juice, that would also slow down the juice flow a little. Though you already have pretty high VG.

Did you have the same problem with the other coil that got burned? Have you checked for youtube videos, sometimes you can get good tips that way.

Hopefully somebody comes along who knows that tank.

Hey there Englishmick!
    Yes I have watched youtube and they helped but I still get a taste of liquid when I inhale, just small drops. I get a mean head rush after a couple of puffs cuz that liquid is so pure, haha, otherwise it wouldn't bother me. But everything else is working fine at the moment. Using 60w and 70w and I haven't had any leakage problems at the moment. Few bubbles in the tank when I inhale, on youtube apparently that's a good sign. Getting good vapor and flavour.
    Yes pumping up the wattage helps too so thanks for that.

"Did you have the same problem with the other coil that got burned?" Yes I did however I didnt fix the problem properly, I actually burnt it out trying to fix it. I am so noob haha. Lucky my new coil I blew down in the pipes, actually this method helped a lot.

I really like two of your ideas a bigger WICK and 100%VG might be the way to go. But the Vape store seller did say I have a higher enough juice anyways. hhmm .

Thank you Englishmick for your helpful tips and advices, they are good!.

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    Welcome to ECF from another kiwi :thumbs:
    I saw this page at Geekvape:
    FAQ Geekvape Z
    And they have an online chat available which may help you get somewhere with your Z tank

Hey bro, I'm Glad another fellow Kiwi is around. So many people Vape and I need more Vaping buddies hahaha, so I can learn the ropes and the tricks to the devices. I never thought about messaging straight to the supplier of geekvape Z. Will do this when I can. Thanks again

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    There is lot of juice running to the coil and then it floods and can't vaporise it and that's why u get spitback of juice...

Make sure the coil sits properly in the atomizer...

Make sure all the orings are in place and that no oring is damaged...did u wash the atomizer before u use it and maybe u lost an oring?

Try use 70vg juice in case u use 50/50 PG VG

The problem u experience happens either cause atomizer doesn't seal properly cause of bad oring or no orings...
    Or maybe u overprimed the new coil with juice and then need sometime to vape it until the spitback stops...
    Or u use very thin juice for the specific atomizer u may use....and trying use more VG...
    There could be a case of a bad coil but usually it's visible with the eye that the cotton is not properly sitted...

Also can be some cases that u have the airflow closed a lot and u puff very hard at the same time and suck juice into the coil...

The thing is that the Zeus is a top airflow atomizer and even when it has problem u won't see jucie coming of the airflow and that makes me suspicious of maybe there is something going on with that atomizer...

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    There is lot of juice running to the coil and then it floods and can't vaporise it and that's why u get spitback of juice...

Make sure the coil sits properly in the atomizer...

Make sure all the orings are in place and that no oring is damaged...did u wash the atomizer before u use it and maybe u lost an oring?

Try use 70vg juice in case u use 50/50 PG VG

The problem u experience happens either cause atomizer doesn't seal properly cause of bad oring or no orings...
    Or maybe u overprimed the new coil with juice and then need sometime to vape it until the spitback stops...
    Or u use very thin juice for the specific atomizer u may use....and trying use more VG...
    There could be a case of a bad coil but usually it's visible with the eye that the cotton is not properly sitted...

Also can be some cases that u have the airflow closed a lot and u puff very hard at the same time and suck juice into the coil...

The thing is that the Zeus is a top airflow atomizer and even when it has problem u won't see jucie coming of the airflow and that makes me suspicious of maybe there is something going on with that atomizer...

Hey SuperUser. Before I put my coil in I checked all my seal, they still look pretty brand new. Haven't even used a week on this new tank. I am also using 80VG E-Juice. I always make sure my airflow has some air usually 1/4/ or 1/2 open. The atomizer I will check, to see if everything is all connected properly. However one thing I might believe is that my Vaporesso Revenger Mini might be to small for the Geekvape Z sub ohm tank. Because the Tank is almost bigger than my vaping device. Revenger mini might not produce enough power or heat up hotter quicker enough for the E-juice liquid to evaporate.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Hey SuperUser. Before I put my coil in I checked all my seal, they still look pretty brand new. Haven't even used a week on this new tank. I am also using 80VG E-Juice. I always make sure my airflow has some air usually 1/4/ or 1/2 open. The atomizer I will check, to see if everything is all connected properly. However one thing I might believe is that my Vaporesso Revenger Mini might be to small for the Geekvape Z sub ohm tank. Because the Tank is almost bigger than my vaping device. Revenger mini might not produce enough power or heat up hotter quicker enough for the E-juice liquid to evaporate.

The revenger mini can give the wattage needed for the coil it's just that the battery won't last much since it's small and also it's not ideal to use a mod on it's limits...... but what surprises me most is that u said u had leaking out of the airflow on the zeus and this has top airflow and that would mean u had a terrible leak inside the tank and not just some flooding into the coil...
    How does it vape now? Are u able to vape it?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I forgot to tell youafter u fill the tank with juice always close the topfill cap and not let the tank without the cap on for long time...just saying In case u did that...

When we get a new coil we prime it with like 2 or 3 drops of juice and then put into the atomizer and fill it and wait a bit...no need do puffs without pressing the button or force it...better just wait for it a bit....
    Since this atomizer use mesh coils I suggest u don't use wattage high mode but only normal or soft cause the mesh heats up very fast u don't need high mode may only do bad to the coil than good....

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    I forgot to tell youafter u fill the tank with juice always close the topfill cap and not let the tank without the cap on for long time...just saying In case u did that...

When we get a new coil we prime it with like 2 or 3 drops of juice and then put into the atomizer and fill it and wait a bit...no need do puffs without pressing the button or force it...better just wait for it a bit....
    Since this atomizer use mesh coils I suggest u don't use wattage high mode but only normal or soft cause the mesh heats up very fast u don't need high mode may only do bad to the coil than good....
    Back again Superuser. I still get juice in my mouth so I’m not happy with that cuz I can’t vape for more than 10 mins cuz I get a head rush. However yes everything else is working normally just some juice in the mouth or tongue.

Every time I fill the tank up am I suppose to close the airflow when not using it, I actually just leave it open .

I think your right also about high wattage settings because it burns the coil bit too fast. But I use it sometimes to blow down the tube to dry out some of the flooded coil but atm shouldn’t have to do this method.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Back again Superuser. I still get juice in my mouth so I’m not happy with that cuz I can’t vape for more than 10 mins cuz I get a head rush. However yes everything else is working normally just some juice in the mouth or tongue.

Every time I fill the tank up am I suppose to close the airflow when not using it, I actually just leave it open .

I think your right also about high wattage settings because it burns the coil bit too fast. But I use it sometimes to blow down the tube to dry out some of the flooded coil but atm shouldn’t have to do this method.

No the airflow control u can leave it as it is always it's ok....the top cap that u remove to fill it it's something that u should always put back right after u fill the tank with juice...

So u still get spitback hmmm
    Did u check if the coil sits properly in the atomizer? There is a gap that it should sit into u can't place it any way u want...also about the orings sometimes we wash the atomizer and may lose one or in one case I had a new atomizer that had a damaged oring and I replaced it with some spares....
    Also the coil itself has some orings I hope non of those is damaged...
    I just say random thoughts cause I can't know what's the problem or what have u already checked but just to have in your mind what may be wrong...

I was also thinking that your previous vaporesso atomizer wasn't that big as this one and maybe u don't inhale hard enough to cool down the coil?
    Maybe it would help to use the coil on it's lower recommended wattage??? I think u said it's the 0.4ohm so like 50watts or even 45watts and inhale harder?
    Also it could be a bad coil? Was the first coil that u burned also spiting?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    You are using the Z0.4Ω Coil which has a rating of 50-60W and a juice with 80% VG. You should not need to ever blow back through the tank and with a juice that thick you shouldn't have any flooding at all with those coils.

You mentioned running the airflow 1/4 to 1/2 open and that is where your problem lies IMHO. If you have the airflow at 1/4, there would be too much suction with your draw and that would force juice through the coil.

My suggestion is to turn the power down to the mid range of that coil 55W, open the airflow full and try vaping it that way. Use a normal inhale and not a forceful one like you are trying to pull a golf ball though a garden hose.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I also had this issue when I first got the Zeus.

A couple of things you might try. Close the airflow ring when you refill the tank - also don't fill the tank completely to the top of the glass. I've noticed that when you do this and screw the cap back on, you're creating fluid pressure (not air pressure which is much more forgiving) that will push the juice through the vacuum system, in turn seeping out through the coil. Otherwise, every time you refill your tank, you're going to experience flooding.

Even though your O-rings look in good condition, they can become warped or not sit correctly when you press the glass back in. I would recommend putting a very small drop of ejuice on the O-ring and spinning the glass so that all of the glass touches the juice - it will provide a little bit of lube when reseating the glass lessening the friction with the rubber.

Also, are you hearing a gurgling sound, or a pop/crackling sound when you're getting the juice in your mouth? One is normal, and the other means your deck/coil is flooded. If it's gurgling, close the airflow valve, tip the tank upside down over a sink, and shake it up and down for a good 10 or 15 seconds. If you see juice, that's a good thing. You want all of that sitting in there, to come out. You might even try taking a paper towel, spinning it on one of the corners to create a pointy cone shape, and spin that down into your chamber through the drip tip. You probably won't get it it all, but it will help absorb some of the moisture/juice that's also just sitting in there and/or clinging to any surfaces.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited:

TuataraVaper

Jul 6, 2021
    Hey thanks all of you guys for your advice and I will keep reading your answers to help me along the way. Trolldragon I believe you were right I dont know why I keep sucking the vape 1/4 or 1/2 open because every time I sucked or inhale it was like I was forcing the juice into my mouth. . Trolldragon there were two things I followed you on; lower my wattage to 50, before I was doing 60-70W thinking that was the recommended and less juice came up throughout the week. After my 3 puffs with a fully opened airflow I didnt notice much juice spitting. Thanks Trolldragon but I still need to keep testing, Im just a bit nicotined out now since I was trialing and error everyone's advice haha :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Hey thanks all of you guys for your advice and I will keep reading your answers to help me along the way. Trolldragon I believe you were right I dont know why I keep sucking the vape 1/4 or 1/2 open because every time I sucked or inhale it was like I was forcing the juice into my mouth. . Trolldragon there were two things I followed you on; lower my wattage to 50, before I was doing 60-70W thinking that was the recommended and less juice came up throughout the week. After my 3 puffs with a fully opened airflow I didnt notice much juice spitting. Thanks Trolldragon but I still need to keep testing, Im just a bit nicotined out now since I was trialing and error everyone's advice haha :)
    It's all trial and error to find the sweet spot on most tanks, especially with rebuildables.

Good to read that appeared to be the problem and running the coil within specs will give you the best performance. If you need more vapour density then switch to the lower ohm coils or possibly a different tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread