Upgraded to VV/VW. What settings should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
Woke up this morning to find that my 650 pass died sometime throughout the night and was forced to upgrade. :) I bought an itaste V3.0. It reads the coil as being 2.8 ohms. I have a fair understanding of what voltage to set it at, 3.6 seems to be the best so far.

I don't understand what the wattage does? The wattage goes from 6-11 watts. Right now I have it turned all the way down to 6 so I don't mess anything up. Figured it would be smart to ask first before I mess something up.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
Target setting by most is 7-8 watts...ultimately your tastebuds will let you know!

Enjoy...just got my first VV/VW... VAMO V3 and setting wattage and getting the EXACT SAME hit from whatever resistance head I put on it is very very very nice!!!!

Congrats on the VAMO WarHawk! I'm going to enjoy playing with this VV "or" VW stuff. Maybe some of my juices I don't care for anymore can get a second chance to taste better now. Sort of surprised at the difference .1 volts can make.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
wbart said:
You are either using VV or VW, Stick with VV as it is the simpler to understand and at 2.8 you can go up a lil bit on the VV I have mine at 4.2 right now
Gotta disagree, wattage is simpler to understand.

OP start low, go higher until you get the vape you like.

Not to be disagreeable, doc, but you can do that with variable voltage, too.

You didn't explain "why" you think wattage is easier to understand.

Last edited:
Well I cannot speak for dr g , but here is my take on it.... All mods are essentially heat producers. It takes heat (powered by voltage) to turn e liquid into steam.
Since all "heaters" are rated in Watts (POWER) it kinda makes sense to use Watts. That way, no matter what Ohm coil you use , it will change the output into Watts. It is simpler to set and forget. Anyway that's what I get out of this opinion. Please feel free to let me know if this helps ? nilo52

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Not to be disagreeable, doc, but you can do that with variable voltage, too.

You didn't explain "why" you think wattage is easier to understand.

You're right, I didn't say why and I did not mean that what I suggested the OP do was the reason.

Wattage does not take knowing ohms to suggest a level, in fact you don't need to mention ohms at all. You will note that in the very first response to the question, the VV suggestion had to take into account ohms.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
You're right, I didn't say why and I did not mean that what I suggested the OP do was the reason.

Wattage does not take knowing ohms to suggest a level, in fact you don't need to mention ohms at all. You will note that in the very first response to the question, the VV suggestion had to take into account ohms.

I did what you suggested as well. I can't seem to put my finger on it but it seems different. Not bad, but different.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Wattage is very handy when you change toppers, the device will adjust the voltage according to the ohms of the coil to maintain the same Wattage. So if you swap between different ohms, your vape will be similar between delivery systems. Of course you will probably find yourself adjusting wattage to taste also, different delivery systems and juice will all have their sweet spot according to YOUR preference.

No one answer fits all, what I vape at 8 watts you might like at 9 watts or 7 watts, same with voltage, what I like at 4.2 volts you might like at 4.5 or 3.8 volts. 8 watts is a decent starting point, adjust to preference.

I use both voltage and watts, mainly because not all my stuff has the variable wattage function, on the ones that do I use watts. That is my preference, you should use what works for you, not try to use what works for me or anyone else, vaping is highly subjective to personal taste. Which is why it is nice to have options.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
Wattage is very handy when you change toppers, the device will adjust the voltage according to the ohms of the coil to maintain the same Wattage. So if you swap between different ohms, your vape will be similar between delivery systems. Of course you will probably find yourself adjusting wattage to taste also, different delivery systems and juice will all have their sweet spot according to YOUR preference.

No one answer fits all, what I vape at 8 watts you might like at 9 watts or 7 watts, same with voltage, what I like at 4.2 volts you might like at 4.5 or 3.8 volts. 8 watts is a decent starting point, adjust to preference.

I use both voltage and watts, mainly because not all my stuff has the variable wattage function, on the ones that do I use watts. That is my preference, you should use what works for you, not try to use what works for me or anyone else, vaping is highly subjective to personal taste. Which is why it is nice to have options.

^^^^ So much this ^^^^

It is to your taste. Most voltage suggestions for my liquid and my device end up with a burnt taste... I tend to run my DIY vanilla menthol a few points cooler than whatever the general consensus says. Stop trying to have someone find the perfect vape for you, and start trying the options yourself. Start low, move it up to where it tastes good in small increments, then back off if it tastes burnt.

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
^^^^ So much this ^^^^

It is to your taste. Most voltage suggestions for my liquid and my device end up with a burnt taste... I tend to run my DIY vanilla menthol a few points cooler than whatever the general consensus says. Stop trying to have someone find the perfect vape for you, and start trying the options yourself. Start low, move it up to where it tastes good in small increments, then back off if it tastes burnt.

Thanks! Now that I've used it a couple days now, I believe my heading should have said how do I use it rather than what settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread