Upgrading from my Magneto, what should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsketchforfood

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Socal
I've been using my magneto since I started vaping and I'm planning to start saving up for a new mech mod next month but I don't really know what to get...

I'm considering a nemmy but I keep on reading about people having trouble with locking or firing it. I want something minimalist without a lot of ridges (so titans, k101s, etc are out), so I'm considering the nemmy, king, chi you, tree of life(?) or atom...now my questions are:

1. Aside from aesthetical differences, are there any huge performance differences among these mods?

2. Do the FT clones for these perform the same and good enough to buy?

3. What other very good bottom firing minimalist mech mods are there that you could recommend, one that won't cost over $250?

4. Are ones with copper contacts better and can you recommend ones that have them or can be upgraded(?) to them?

Thanks in advance!!! :D

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Dude, you should buy a Reo Grand. You already have a mech tube mod; there won't be a ton of difference between the Magneto and another tube mod, whether you get a more expensive one or not.

The Reo Grand is a mech, but it will give you the clouds and flavor that dripping does without the mess
As much as it pains me to say it, Mike is right. If you want a "different experience" from a mech... then a bottom feeder (like the well proven Reo) and RDA is going to provide it.

A tube mech is... just a tube and some caps. With a few exceptions (GUS Lord for example) they functionally, don't vary much. A Sigelei 8W or 19 can have as minimal a voltage drop as a genuine Nemesis... it's the quality of the "wrapper" that sets these "battery holders" apart. ;)

I suppose, if you can't live without a tube mech, but want to experience a bottom feed system for cheap, you could pick up an Vision Aurora BFT... "same same, but not so same same". :laugh:

proraptor

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Anaheim,CA
Look into the Ja victoria. Very nice mod.

As far as the guys posting above me they dont know what they are talking about. There are differences in voltage and current loss between all mods. (there is an awesome thread on calivapers.com where a guy tests the voltage and current loss) Some are noticeable and some are not. For example there is a noticeable difference vaping on a brass mod vs ss mod. Also the contacts make a big difference.

Last edited:

willsketchforfood

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Socal
Depends on your price range

Nemesis 1:1 clone under $50 hard hitting beautiful mod

Mine is hcigar not f/t...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm really considering this especially since I keep on seeing reviews about this being virtually the same with the real deal when it comes to performance

willsketchforfood

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Socal
As much as it pains me to say it, Mike is right. If you want a "different experience" from a mech... then a bottom feeder (like the well proven Reo) and RDA is going to provide it.

A tube mech is... just a tube and some caps. With a few exceptions (GUS Lord for example) they functionally, don't vary much. A Sigelei 8W or 19 can have as minimal a voltage drop as a genuine Nemesis... it's the quality of the "wrapper" that sets these "battery holders" apart. ;)

I suppose, if you can't live without a tube mech, but want to experience a bottom feed system for cheap, you could pick up an Vision Aurora BFT... "same same, but not so same same". :laugh:

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard really good things about the Reo but I just can't bring myself to like how it looks...maybe I will try the cheaper version in the future to see, but for now I want to stick to 18650 tubes...the GUS Lord is very interesting, I'm putting it in my top choices for sure!

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
As far as minimalist bottom firing mechs, you're currently holding one of the best in your hand. That magnetic switch is never going to wear out, where as a spring switch will over time. I agree with the Reo suggestions, i can't wait to have the financial means to get my hands on one. But for now, my magneto is perfect for me.

Sent from the MOON. Using Tapatalk MOON©

willsketchforfood

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Socal
Look into the Ja victoria. Very nice mod.

As far as the guys posting above me they dont know what they are talking about. There are differences in voltage and current loss between all mods. (there is an awesome thread on calivapers.com where a guy tests the voltage and current loss) Some are noticeable and some are not. For example there is a noticeable difference vaping on a brass mod vs ss mod. Also the contacts make a big difference.

All the posts about this mod makes me very excited! I prefer to use 18650s right now and it sucks that it's not out yet, but I think this one is on top of my list now and I'll definitely try to get one when it comes out. Thanks for the rec!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Another option is to go for a tube with the button in a different location and see how you like that. Such as the Roller or Poldiac (top button) or the EA or GGs (bottom side button). I'm a fan of the EA clone from Hcigar EHPro (not the FT EA clone).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread