ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Your study shows details of e-cig ingredients. Maybe ingredients should be "trade secrets" like Philip Morris ingredients.

From Philip Morris web site:
"We annually report cigarette ingredient information to the Department of Health and Human Services and to the State of Texas. Some of the information submitted to these governmental agencies on a confidential basis relates to detailed brand recipes which,if disclosed publicly, would compromise our ability to maintain valuable trade secrets for competitive purposes. ":confused:

Doesn't every food and drink in the USA discloses all ingredients regardless of "trade secrets".

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana
Your study shows details of e-cig ingredients. Maybe ingredients should be "trade secrets" like Philip Morris ingredients.

"We annually report cigarette ingredient information to the Department of Health and Human Services and to the State of Texas. Some of the information submitted to these governmental agencies on a confidential basis relates to detailed brand recipes which,if disclosed publicly, would compromise our ability to maintain valuable trade secrets for competitive purposes. ":confused:

Doesn't every food and drink in the USA discloses all ingredients regardless of "trade secrets".

Even if every food and drink discloses them confidentially to a federal agency, they don't always disclose them in detail to the public. Something like "the Colonel's secret blend of 11 herbs and spices" from KFC would be an example, or if you've ever watched food shows where they visit a factory, they frequently say the employees couldn't give out their "secret recipe" to the public (many even have to sign NDA's). Lots of other foods just list "spices" on their ingredient lists as well.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Good point. Still, it would be nice of Philip Morris to provide all ingredients of their cancer stick to the public. Unless of course, they are sure the additives are perfectly safe to burn in their death sticks. I would hope most trade secret foods and drinks are considered to be safe, unlike analogs.

I've read some FDA officials don't know ingredients/emissons of e-cigs.

What kind of rocket scientist does government need to hire in order to determine the emissions of an e-cig anyway? I mean the Gov would be willing to cough up some dough if e-cigs can save thousands of lives, right?

I am amazed that the cancer research organizations are not frantically testing e-cigs for potential cancer prevention. I mean their goal is to cure cancer ASAP, right?:confused:

Dazed and confused.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Good point. Still, it would be nice of Philip Morris to provide all ingredients of their cancer stick to the public.

I've read some FDA officials don't know ingredients/emissons of e-cigs.

The new tobacco legislation requires the tobacco companies to disclose all the ingredients. It's part of the new labeling standard.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I just looked at Philip Morris site and thought they are withholding trade secret ingredients. Maybe the new regs will take care of it like you said.

Philip Morris web site June 17, 2009:
"We annually report cigarette ingredient information to the Department of Health and Human Services and to the State of Texas. Some of the information submitted to these governmental agencies on a confidential basis relates to detailed brand recipes which, if disclosed publicly, would compromise our ability to maintain valuable trade secrets for competitive purposes. "

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
The new tobacco legislation requires the tobacco companies to disclose all the ingredients. It's part of the new labeling standard.
Ahhhh YEAH, like that's gonna really happen. Do you really think that the fda will compromise the future of BT and the tax revenue they produce?
We will never REALLY know what'sin them. IMO

North Shore

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Rockport, MA
I contacted Dr. Eissenberg and mentioned that he should probably test products that were not junk. I shared my own experience and how ecigs helped me quit smoking. The Dr. thanked me for my input and support but he may or may not investigate other products. He may be trying to be an honest broker of information, or he may be an agent for special interests. In this world it is often hard to tell, online or off.

Last edited:

JennRNCCU

Feb 14, 2010
Oklahoma
I've searched OVID, EBSCO, CINHAL, all the search engines for legitimate research on electronic cigarettes and wonder if I'm the only one who thinks its odd that FDA, World Health Organization, etc etc keep saying "BEWARE" yet no one has actually sponsored an actual quantitative study on e-cigs???
Seriously, do we live in the 50's? Are you telling me "Big Tobacco" still runs everything?
Maybe I'm being overly cynical!
Still searching...wish me luck!

LLOTEK

Feb 17, 2010
Montreal, Canada
(snip) There is the voice technology technique that makes the atomizers work based on voice, noise, blows, puffs or loud tones (snip)

Sorry guys, I just don't understand the why or more accurately the wherefore of this.
Should I shout at my dead atties???

Or do the atties play possum in the presence of noise and brutality???

:confused:

No, you just have to let out a long satisfied groan with every inhale. to show others how much you love your new e-cig and actually get your fix...lol

LLOTEK

Feb 17, 2010
Montreal, Canada

In know in Canada you have to disclose the ingredients, just not the amounts or way the bond them. thats how you keep trade secrets...you cant just grab all the ingredients throw them in a pot and stir, then bang, I got me a Mars Bar etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread