The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Upside down battery in Pila charger..

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by subver, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. subver

subver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    So I accidentally had a battery in my Pila charger upside down for a couple hours.. 2 maybe. When I took it out it was still cold, not warm like after a charge..
    My question is does the Pila charger have a safety for that? I don't believe the battery is damaged at all but I just want to make sure!
    It's an Orbtronic PD 2900 if that helps.
    Thanks guys!

2. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    So I read on some sites that the Pila IBC charger has reverse polarity protection, but the manual says to put the batteries in the correct polarity (of course that could just be telling you how to use it properly)... The battery seems perfectly fine but I'm still a little nervous using it.
    I might just get a new battery for peace of mind, but reading that it has reverse polarity protection is nice also..
    Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

3. montara

montara Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2012
    Nor-Cal
    All is good, that's why you bought a Pila. The first step to the charge process is to analyze the battery and a upside down battery is not recognized. No harm, no fowl.

4. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    They all should do that. I know the Pila and Xtar's have reverse polarity protection. If the battery was depleted when you put it in - backwards - the Pila should have given no indication that it started the charge cycle. On my Xtar if I do that the status LED just sits there at green - no indication it's willing to charge a battery put in backwards.

5. subver

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Thanks, yeah I have no idea how I even put it in backwards.. Stupid mistake on my part obviously! I've been using this charger for 2 years, I'm pretty embarrassed it even happened haha.

The battery wasn't completely depleted, but the LED light was red..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.