The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

URGENT HELP SMOK STICK V9

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Morgan Walker, Apr 22, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Morgan Walker

Morgan Walker Full Member

Apr 22, 2020
    Hi there, recently bought a new smok stick v9, no issues with initial product and both coils worked fine, ordered replacement coils and when I start to vape it feels like nothings going in my mouth like there’s not drag/hit of anything, basically feels like I’m vaping just nothing until the vapour then leaves my mouth, I wicked the coil before and left it in the tank for 30 mins too on the 2nd attempt after again having the sane problem on the first attempt, using menthol grape liquid and can only taste the grape and not the menthol, any ideas please?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Might be a bad batch of coils, did you prime the coil first by dripping a little bit of juice into each small side holes in the coil, I've had some very bad coils for my prince tank from smok, another thing is the coils that you bought the same as you are used to, for example, the tfv12p prince has 12 different types of coil

3. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    It seems likely now doing more research into it. It does say they’re genuine coils and they’re the exact same as what I had before and I was getting a nice flavour, big clouds and obviously the nice taste when I start vaping but now it’s like I’m vaping air and getting left with a suttle grape aftertaste, first time experiencing this so I’m clueless

4. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    And yeah pal I did a few drops into the sides to begin with then fitted it onto the stick, filled the tank to the top and left it for 30 mins or so, the smok stick v9 has only 2 variations of coils im pretty certain but did order the one I liked originally

5. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Yeah, I just had a look at the mod and tank, it has 2 different coils and basically unajustable because its automatic, maybe you have vapours tongue and you can't taste it, try a different flavour other than that there is not much help I can give you.
    Welcome to ecf and I'm sure someone else will try to help you get the vape you want.

6. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    You can check the coil is the same as your old coil because it is printed on it,it should say wattage and type

7. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Its very strange because menthol is one of the strongest flavours and you surely should be able to taste it

8. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    Tell me about it, it’s worked fine on the other coil I had but this one when I literally start dragging on the vape it’s basically just air, trying another coil now so hopefully this works, very annoying. Is literally just the initial drag, everything is there but a drag

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    Cheers tho pal! Much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Try closing the afc a little bit that's the air intake ring at the bottom of the tank, don't actually close it fully because the coil needs airflow for cooling, you might get a little better flavour

11. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    Are you using the baby coils or the mini coils?
    The baby coils are offered in 7 different versions and the mini coils have three versions.

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    Hiya Izan, I’m using the TVF8 MINI V2 S1 mate, had the current ones I’ve just bought pre installed into the vape and that was my favourite one, also got the S2 I believe as an addition but didn’t like that one as much as I didn’t get much vapour going into the mouth and felt like the airflow was restricted even tho I had full airflow on, just can’t get my head around it because it’s literally screw the coil on fill with liquid and then start vaping

• Like Like x 1
  13. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    As I stated I’ve basically just replaced the coil with the same one I had in originally and now when I click the button in and start to inhale/suck the vapour it doesn’t feel like my mouths filling up with the vapour yet big clouds come out and I’m not sure what to do as it’s a pen and not a mod

14. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    Quick update. It feels like the wattage has been changed (which would be impossible to do manually) although I feel I’ve definitely bought the same ones I’m not seeing a copyright symbol on the vape itself and a line that indicates the minimum amount of liquid that should be in the tank that I didn’t see on the other coil

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Well, its apparently working but you are not getting the original experience, myself I think it might be to do with the coils, I only have a few stock coil tanks and one is the freemax twister with the fireluke 2 tank, I've changed coils about 10 times but never experienced what you are experiencing, the fireluke coils just degrade and a drop off of flavour after a week or 2

16. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Looks like you got some fakes

17. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    Aye would seem so which is a shame but guess I’ll buy some more, not to worry pal thanks for all the help!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    No prob buddy, hope you sort it out, an example, I'm vaping black Jack in my twister and even when the coils are on there way out I still can taste it, I'm sure it's only a coil problem

19. Marper

Marper Moved On

Supporting member
    May 20, 2019
    Keep us updated on how you get on because other vapers will read this and maybe have the same problem

20. Morgan Walker

Apr 22, 2020
    No worries I’ve ordered some more due to come next Tuesday so I’ll give an update then!

• Like Like x 1