URGENT! Loss of throat hit on 510! Thinking about analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I had a great throat hit with the juice I bought with my 510 starter kit. This morning I received more juice I ordered from a different supplier. It was ok at first, but I used different types in the same attomizer and the throat hit is gone. I tried blowing it and then dripping some of my original juice but its still the same. Good throat hit is the most important thing to me and I dont have it. Im thinking about turning to analogs, ew. I think Im having a crisis. Now instead of a nice one flavour Im getting a mixture of capuchino and menthol. Its gross and no throat hit. Someone help me please? I used to get this strong harsh throat hit and at the moment I either get nothing or a very smooth and mild one. :(

Last edited:

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
ick! First of all depending on what your using, if its an ego or a standard ecig grab yourself a LR 510 atomizer. They normally allow for the added TH. If your using a LR atomizer I would ask if your shaking your juice, the juice can separate and the last 1/3 of juice can loose TH and taste horrid. Also do you use pure PG? Pure VG? Mix? PG is going to allow for some decent TH Normally a 60/40 PG/VG mix is good. Hope this helps!

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I have a standard joye 510, with normal atomizers. The juice I originaly used was a 100% PG, the new menthol juice I ordered was also PG, Im not sure how many % though. So in the same atomizer I think I used those two and a 50/50 PG VG mix. I only have two standard atomizers. I dont think I will last if I order something as I would need to wait at least 3 more days, so I was hoping maybe there is some kind of quick fix? Like cleaning the atomizer or something? My other atty also sucks as I put in a vg cherry in it with almost 0 throat hit. (

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
I have a standard joye 510, with normal atomizers. The juice I originaly used was a 100% PG, the new menthol juice I ordered was also PG, Im not sure how many % though. So in the same atomizer I think I used those two and a 50/50 PG VG mix. I only have two standard atomizers. I dont think I will last if I order something as I would need to wait at least 3 more days, so I was hoping maybe there is some kind of quick fix? Like cleaning the atomizer or something? My other atty also sucks as I put in a vg cherry in it with almost 0 throat hit. (

Wash them out really good with hot water. If that doesn't get it all out try diet coke or baking soda and vinnegar. Depending on how stong the juice that's already in them is it may require they soak for awhile.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Ok, hopefully this will be a quick fix. Blow your atty out into a paper towel. Get it all out of there. WIPE down your contacts and threads. Having a wet contact point will cause the ecig to lose performance dramatically. See if this helps. And how many drops are you putting in there?

I use a drip tip. And usually put around 2 drops, vape until I cant taste the flavour and then drip a couple more.

thomas_mikel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Winterfell
Ok, try this with one. Just be careful. And stop what you are doing right now, and order some extras. Never get caught without at least 3 or 4 attys.

+100. And while you're at it, start researching mods. I'd recommend something along the ego line. You'll get much better battery performance.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Omg, guys. Thanks a lot for your help. That video was really good. I did everything he said and I could taste the improvement already, but after two puffs my battery went dead so that might have contributed to no throat hit. Ill charge it now and then see how it goes. Also, the video made me realize that al this time I was blowing the atomizer out from the wrong side, lol. I'm thinking about getting a Riva 510 soon, I think mods would be a bit too bulky for me, but Ill look into different options out there :) Thanks a lot. Will let you know if it improved after a charge.

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Omg, guys. Thanks a lot for you help. That video was really good. I did everything he said and I could taste the improvement already, but after two puffs my battery went dead so that might have contributed to no throat hit. Ill charge it now and then see how it goes. Also, the video made me realize that al this time I was blowing the atomizer out from the wrong side, lol. I'm thinking about getting a Riva 510 soon, I think mods would be a bit too bulky for me, but Ill look into different options out there :) Thanks a lot. Will let you know if it improved after a charge.

Another thing to think about (as I hate to tell folks their method is wrong or anything) is this. I was firmly in the atty camp for a very long time. Cartomizers have come a very long way, and I think if you have not tried one, it's worth a shot. If anything, have a few just in case you run out of attys. Or maybe even for a car trip, where you can't drip as easily. I was amazed at how far cartomizers have come in the year or so since I had tried them last. It's all I use now, but I've never used a 510 type carto, just 808's. Just a thought. Have a good weekend, and I hope you get your gear situated.

ZackMorris

Mar 4, 2011
Northern Va
I was a Joye 510 user for about 6 months, in the begining I really enjoyed it etc. My first atty lasted 3 months!! I was amazed, so then it started to get gunky and what not so I boiled it in distilled water, let it cool, blew it out, boiled it again, and repeated this process a total of 3x. It tasted like crap, then I dry burned it and it totally came back to life.

I noticed my throat hit was dissapating, and then I lost a battery and had to order a new one, and guess what with the new battery the throat hit came back. Over time the standard joye batteries just fade and reduce your throat hit. I lost my last battery and that atty a few weeks ago and instead of ordering yet another standard battery, I ordered 4 in total, I was like forget it, I've been ordering too many batteries for this thing, and two new batteries will cost about 10-15 dollars less than a new Riva 510 kit. So I went ahead and ordered a Riva 510. (Definitely check Liberty Flight, use the discount code, and go with the SE edition as you get a LR attys)

Wow what a difference. I don't have to carry my PCC everywhere, I just carry a lil 10 ml bottle (a 5ml would do) and my pv and I'm good to go for the day. The throat hit is constant and great all day.

You might also want to try out a high quality juice. I had some dekangs and ick I can't believe I used to use them. I wanted a really good menthol and I tried Halo's and wow was I blown away, amazing throat, great taste, and you can really feel the quality of their products. Their customer service is second to none, and right now they have a 15% off sale too (Coupon Code: NEVERFORGET).

Once you step away from the Joye 510's you'll understand why so many of us move on to Riva's and E-Go's etc... I hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread