Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbrown4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2009
San Diego
This Sucks....
While i was out of the office doing work, one of my Chiefs (superiors) came around with a box to take e-cigs...

I came back and found out that they aren't just banned indoors... but BANNED FROM USE!

Well, im gonna go get a pack of analogs after the meeting at 1300.
i'll post up more info after i throw a crap fit at the meeting....:evil::evil::mad::mad::evil:

BB

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sad news :( brownbrown, see if you can find some Snus in your area. Give that a try and see if it can help quench your craving for nicotine. I really hate to hear stories like this but it's happenning everywhere. e-cigs are being classified in the same light as regular smoking, and the whole point behind banning smoking was the odor and second hand smoke, neither of those the e-cig creates.

Really boggles the mind...

CDC700

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Central Texas
Really sad to hear this. Iou would think they'd be all over e-cigs, especially in the combat arms area. I still remember in the early 90's when a pack of cigs could be had for 1.00 in the barracks vending machines. Big Tobacco has always had a big hand in the military payroll. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they caused this.....

grumpster

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Texas USA
That is horrible, what is the reasoning for them to do this?
Greed, Ignorance, Stupidity, Prejudice! Shall I go on?

Wow, just wow. I just cannot fathom just how brainless this country has become.

As I've always said, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POTENTIAL STUPIDITY OF THE AVERAGE PERSON! Especially when guided by ANY of the above.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Really sad to hear this. Iou would think they'd be all over e-cigs, especially in the combat arms area. I still remember in the early 90's when a pack of cigs could be had for 1.00 in the barracks vending machines. Big Tobacco has always had a big hand in the military payroll. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they caused this.....

Ill tell you what though this shows that there is more influence to banning these ecigs than the FDA. I would look into the UCMJ to see if what he is doing correct. Because smoking is still allowed in the military. So to take away a nicotine product could be unlawful. There has to be a reason. Just like they cant take away your civilian clothes and personal possessions with out reason. For example multiple article 15's or worse and it has to be signed off by the company commander or higher. Not even the first sergeant can take them away without permission of the company commander. This is why the UCMJ is in place to stop unlawful actions by superiors.... Ive had my share of fun to know first hand. But still look into it to find out why they are doing this.

I feel for ya man, i wish I had these ecigs when I was in. it could have made a huge difference in my time in the service.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread