POSTING IN THE THREAD IS REQUIRED FOR FEEDBACK TO BE ENABLED

Selling:
MyMod - Unique mech squonker

Condition: Like New
Known flaws: N/A
Image:
mymod3_zpstw6alalq.jpg

Description:
Handing off this limited edition - first edition – “MyMod”.

This is a mod crafted by Paul with folks like me having waited over a year while it was designed, developed, then immediately sold out. It’s a stupendous bargain – Paul actually lost money making these, I’m certain.
Here’s the thread – you can read through for all the history!

As a small-run mod with some unique, creative design elements, there are some things to know about it:

All Good:

• FANTASTIC finish. This has not a scratch or flaw, it’s a stunning gun-metal anodized finish that feels really durable. The color is more like the inside photo actually – a silvery gunmetal. Really nice.
  • The device came with a 10-amp fuse. I have replaced it with a 15-amp fuse. Works fine, and I’ll supply a bunch of extras. See “FYI” below regarding how I blew the fuse!
  • Design is super clean – you can see the logical and tidy layout. You can get to everything inside – if you want to replace the 510, or the bottle or tube, etc – it’s all accessible.
  • Squonk action is great.
  • Comes with spares – spare non-conducting screws (that hold the pin still); spare insulators; spare positive thingy; and an entire spare 510. One 510 core is a little “deeper” so you can handle different atomizers. I didn’t find this necessary, but I did swap the 510’s – it’s really easy.
  • Button is FANTASTIC. I LOVE the button.
mymod2_zpsnapqkn9b.jpg

FYI stuff:

• The 510 insulator MAY be a weak point in design. A couple people, including myself, got a short when changing or tightening atomizers. Paul is planning to distribute a new PEEK insulator to replace the silicone insulators, which should permanently solve this. The fuse did its job perfectly and instantly. The mod is safe, it’s just if you mess around with the atty, you might hear a little “pop” when you press the button and then get no vape – that means you blew the fuse. Loosen the screws, and put in a new one.
  • Battery sits on a negative contact screw. There are folks working on ways to add something springy… There is a strip of silicone included you can place behind the battery – with that in place I get no rattle.
mymod1_zps2cj46xdi.jpg

I’m selling only because:

• Just a quirk for me, I’m sure – but I’m not finding the top fire button ergonomic with the squonk bottle on the “edge”. It’s weird – I don’t mind firing from the top with a Reo Grand – when the bottle is on one “side”. I don’t know – I just seem to want to spin it around every time I fire…
  • I’d consider the insulator and the way the battery is held as “design issues”. Not flaws, but aspects of the mod-makers design that I think could have been improved. They still likely WILL BE improved – Paul is definitely planning on sending out a new insulator.
  • But I don’t really want to mess with it… If you like playing with the guts of your mod – this will just be a bonus for you!

And overall – it’s a nicely built, spotless, quality squonker – at a bargain price!

Willing to ship to: US mainland
I reside in: US
Shipping add-ons:

Price: $105 shipped
Shipping cost: included

Ships: Within 3 days

Payments accepted through: Paypal

STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS
Classified Rules
Please subscribe to the Classifieds Blog
Profiteer Report

Last edited: