Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks to @440BB for starting the first thread, but it got out of hand and was closed.

But this is an important topic and I believe we should have an active thread about it as it is still currently underway. And as events unfold (and possibly change) we should be discussing it.

Lets try this again without so much emotion and political beliefs such that it changes the thread's topic and deters other from participation. And maybe "reptilian shape shifters" might be better-off discussed on some other forum or in the "Outside" section of ECF. :lol:

And remember, this is a shipping ban, nothing to do with the FDA deeming regulations - there's a thread for that.

Effective dates for the following major carriers...

FedEx - March 1, 2021
    DHL - March 1, 2021 (unclear)
    UPS - April 5, 2021
    USPS - after March 22, on the date the final rule is published, no later than April 26, 2021. There seems to be some major conflict among what various sources believe as to when this effective date will occur. However, it is for sure, as @440BB stated in the original thread, after March 22 and no later than April 26.

Note that all carriers accept USPS are not actually disallowed by law from transporting vape supplies, they volunteered not to, most likely for a combination of reasons - requirements are strict and probably not profitable (but politics most likely plays a role, too).

Here is a link to the legislation that was passed that made this shipping ban possible.
    Text - S.1253 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act
    Notice that all vape is being banned for shipment by USPS as it states "any other substance", not just nicotine vape.

All online retailers that have sent notice about this seem to be saying they will refuse to take new orders after March 22. The dates each retailer has set range from March 23 to March 27 from what I have seen, so time is running out fast to order supplies online.

There is talk by some of the larger retailers that they have secured a new carrier that will be focusing on major urban areas. It remains to be seen if it will fly and if it will be a viable solution.

After this, barring some other major nail in the coffin, where B&M stores cannot get inventory, the only way to get anything will be in a local B&M storefront, where selection will be limited and priced high, and it will be rare to find nic base stocked for DIY.

As @440BB said in the original thread... "Time is near to get creative or be fully stocked up!".

But we are getting too close now that you don't have much, if any, time to make an informed decision on what hardware to buy and stocks are running out. As far as atomizers go, rebuildable atomizers WILL be your salvation as we enter into the vapocalypse.

But if you have enough gear and/or if money is tight, you should focus on nicotine base so you can DIY your own juice, unless you prefer store bought juice and are willing to vape whatever your local vape shop has in stock at any given moment. A list of nicotine base and glass bottle suppliers can be found here...
    List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Please keep in mind that person to person (consumer to consumer aka C2C) shipments are still allowed but the current postal regulations severely restrict it. A summary of the C2C tobacco products postal regulations (well actually, only cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) (as I understand them) are as follows, but this could possibly change.

- Total package weight must be no more than 10 oz.

- Must be shipped using face-to-face service. In other words, must present package to postal worker at USPS counter. No pickups allowed. Proof of age and identity of sender must be verified with govt issued photo ID.

- Must be sent with "Express Mail" (I take this to mean Priority Express? - expensive, minimum $25 but more if Adult 21+ Signature service is required to be purchased - not clear on that. You will be paying retail rates since you have to buy this postage at the post office, so it might even be closer to $30+ all tolled just to ship one small package).

- Shipping label must bear real, full names of both shipper and recipient.

- Outside of package must be labeled with wording "PERMITTED TOBACCO MAILING – DELIVER ONLY TO AGE-VERIFIED ADULT OF LEGAL AGE"

- USPS will not deliver package to recipient. Package will be held at local post office for pickup and successful pickup will require proof of age and identity of recipient, verified with govt issued photo ID. Recipient must sign PS Form 3849.

- One person cannot mail more than 10 such shipments a 30-day period (meaning, you will likely be put in a database in order to track your identity and how many C2C tobacco product shipments you made in the last 30-days, which is why you have to ship it via a trip to the post office).

DMM Revision: Treatment of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco as Nonmailable Matter

Last edited by a moderator:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    NOTE TO MODERATORS/ADMIN

I started this thread because the last one was closed at the request of the OP, not at the discretion of the mods. I believe this is too important a topic to not have it's own dedicated thread.

If you believe it was inappropriate to start this thread, I'm sorry - please just close it.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    NOTE TO MODERATORS

I merely started this thread because I believe it is an important topic that requires a dedicated thread and the last thread was closed at the request of the OP, not at the discretion of the mods.

If you believe it was inappropriate to start this thread, I'm sorry. Just close it.

lol...did you have an afterthought case of the nerves ?

Thread is fine - and quite important !!

Let's not muck this one up folks !

:sneaky:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I was waiting around last Saturday to give my signature to the mailman for my Colossal. He told me he was just going to put it in the locker portion of our street's box unit because he's not allowed to have customers handle his tracker due to Covid. I gave him the low down about what was happening with delivery of vaping products. He replied, "maybe the government will try to stop all this w:censored:d from being delivered, too".

Good luck :facepalm:.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I guess I should start panicking now.. years ago I purchased 2 liters of nic base and it’s stored in the deep freezer. Dabbled in DIY so I’ve got that covered. Won’t be as good as name brand blends, but I’ll have Eliquid for a while. I also have rebuildable drippers. I’ll need mods to power them, or will we still be able to obtain them? I’m assuming they are covered in the shipping ban.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I’ll need mods to power them, or will we still be able to obtain them? I’m assuming they are covered in the shipping ban.

Everything related to vaping, that is branded by a vape manufacturer for vaping, is prohibited in the ban.

What isn't prohibited are the following as long as they are purchased from a non-vape vendor and are not branded with a vape brand or labeled for vaping use...
    • Resistance wire
    • Cotton/rayon
    • Plain PG
    • Plain VG
    • Flavorings

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    How did preventing eCig sales to children turn into including sales to adults?

It wasn't about preventing sales to minors. It was about killing the vaping industry. It has always been. Saving the children is just a flimsy excuse. Vaping has been a threat to both BT and BP. But let's not derail the thread again. We've got to deal with the issue at hand. First of all, you need to be as stocked up as you can afford to be. Secondly, let's support our local b&m shops. We're gonna need them. Thirdly, we need to be on the lookout for further infractions of our vaping freedom.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I guess I should start panicking now.. years ago I purchased 2 liters of nic base and it’s stored in the deep freezer. Dabbled in DIY so I’ve got that covered. Won’t be as good as name brand blends, but I’ll have Eliquid for a while. I also have rebuildable drippers. I’ll need mods to power them, or will we still be able to obtain them? I’m assuming they are covered in the shipping ban.
    It might help to look up vape shops within driving distance since some of them will continue as long as they can get product and the FDA hasn't decided what to approve/disapprove. Better to know of a couple decent shops just in case.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I think this post made in another thread should enrage any vaper (and hell, even cigarette and dip users)...

I make NETs using Pipe tobacco and cigars. I buy both forms of tobacco online from vendors here in the US using Paypal and have the tobacco shipped, no signature required, to my house.... FedEx, USPS and UPS have no issues with handling these shipments. Go figure.

:-x

• Agree
    Reactions: NCC

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    It might help to look up vape shops within driving distance since some of them will continue as long as they can get product and the FDA hasn't decided what to approve/disapprove. Better to know of a couple decent shops just in case.

There are few good stores near me. I hope they can still get vaping products.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: 440BB

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Everything related to vaping, that is branded by a vape manufacturer for vaping, is prohibited in the ban.

What isn't prohibited are the following as long as they are purchased from a non-vape vendor and are not branded with a vape brand or labeled for vaping use...
    • Resistance wire
    • Cotton/rayon
    • Plain PG
    • Plain VG
    • Flavorings

That’s what I thought. Adding some mods to my cart. Thanks!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That’s what I thought. Adding some mods to my cart. Thanks!

It's up to you, but a couple mech mods are always a good idea if you can find affordable ones. Full mech would be most ideal since there is no protection chip that will burn out.

Also, keep in mind that squonk mods (mech or regulated) can be used as regular mods. If you find a great deal on a squonker, well, you may want to consider buying it even if you don't plan to squonk. I have a few and I'm not a squonker.

Reactions: Katcandoo

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2014
    NW Ohio
    So I'm at the register at Walgreen's today and I see all these little colored tins behind the counter with the cigs. I ask the cashier what they were, she told me, "Velo. It will kill the vaping industry. The post office won't ship it to us anymore so RJ Reynolds can push this stuff."

So I went home and looked it up. Sure enough, it's nicotine in a pouch that I guess you just suck on. At the bottom of the website, it says, "RJR Vapor Co. LLC".

As you probably can tell, I'm old and don't get out much, so I've never heard of these pouches before. Looks sus as heck - kill the vaping industry and people will switch to the tobacco industry's nicotine. Boy, am I angry.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Also, keep in mind that squonk mods (mech or regulated) can be used as regular mods. If you find a great deal on a squonker, well, you may want to consider buying it even if you don't plan to squonk. I have a few and I'm not a squonker.

Blasphemy!!!

;) :vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread