Clown World, USA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Puff Bars

Well we'll see about puff bar. They aren't exactly the government's pal. RJ has the money and power to buy friends in high places like Big Tobacco can. Charlie's Chalk dust is also using TFN in a disposable and are trying to skirt the ban. But "other substance" in the legislation pretty much tells me they aren't gonna be successful.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Tell me what's the difference between a puff bar and one of these newfangled snus, other than whose company name is on the package? Both are synthetic nicotine delivery devices and both come in Child friendly flavors. One looks like smoking and the other doesn't, that's it, isn't it? Well the other looks like something known to cause oral cancer, even though there's no proof that it does. They will follow the science in this case, but not on vaping.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I got an email from Selectvape and they said they are working with private shipping couriers and they have about 60% of the nation covered. They said it will cost about $16 for shipping plus whatever your state charges for excise taxes for vapor products. An adult signature will be required of course. They believe the price will drop while everything is up and running for awhile. And they hope that in time all of the US will be covered.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I did get a Avail shipping notice. I thought they are a Florida based website but my shipping states RI. Interesting. It will be another week before I get my coils. I always hesitated to buy from the far east coast because of the shipping hub/stalling.
    Actually, they have several storefronts in different areas. Mine came from nearby state but who knows how they decide where to ship from.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I did get a Avail shipping notice. I thought they are a Florida based website but my shipping states RI. Interesting. It will be another week before I get my coils. I always hesitated to buy from the far east coast because of the shipping hub/stalling.
    I got a shipping notice from them as well, also coming from RI. I'm on the east coast, so I'm hoping to see my package in a couple of days. My vape mail has been getting to me very quickly so far.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    They look like synthetic snus to me. And they come in flavors! What about the children? And they can be ordered online! Sounds like somebody paid off the politicians well. But, they can get away with this, so can Puff Bars.
    Velo is not synthetic nicotine. See their FAQs:
    https://www.velo.com/footer-links/faq.html

ARE VELO NICOTINE POUCHES CONSIDERED TOBACCO PRODUCTS?
    Yes. VELO Nicotine Pouches are tobacco products because they contain nicotine extracted from the tobacco plant. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued regulations deeming products that contain nicotine extracted from the tobacco plant to be tobacco products.
    DO VELO NICOTINE POUCHES CONTAIN NICOTINE?
    Yes. VELO Nicotine Pouches contain nicotine extracted from the tobacco plant.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio

Must be a national chain type, I have an Avail shop not too far from me. Keeping my fingers crossed you get them asap and they are the right ones.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Koolkiz

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    2 vendors today sent emails stating "2 days left to stock up". Ejuicesteals and MVS. I guess not everyone has faith that this new shipping network will actually pull through. :D

From the emails and site surfing I have been doing looks like this week is last chance to buy before they stop online sales. Did the select few who claim alternative shipping say to where or if they will stop online sales for a period of time until it's in place?

Reactions: Koolkiz

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    From the emails and site surfing I have been doing looks like this week is last chance to buy before they stop online sales. Did the select few who claim alternative shipping say to where or if they will stop online sales for a period of time until it's in place?

Kidney Puncher says...

"Due to changes in Federal law in regards to shipping of vapor products, we will not be shipping orders out on March 29th through the 31st."

So the only thing I can think of is they plan on using this new shipping network and that it will start April 1st. But I have no idea. That statement all alone leaves a lot of questions.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    High Times has an article about the vape mail ban. The first part of the article tells about how the various shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc) are refusing to transport vape "due to the increased complexity to ship those products".

But the article then goes on to say...

However, all is not totally lost...Shipping through private companies may still be allowed. Those organizations can get away with it because anything shipped through their channels requires a signature.
    Well wait a second...

1) UPS, Fedex, and DHL are private companies, are they not? Yes, as far as I can tell, these are "private companies". The government does not own these companies!

2) UPS, Fedex, and DHL could just require adult signature like they do for other products already, can they not? The answer here is yes!

So what does High Times (and others) mean that "private companies" can "get away" with shipping vape products because they are "private" and because they already require signatures for deliveries? What do these 2 things have to do with anything?

It just seems like a bunch of BS written by "authors" who aren't very knowledge about that which they write.

Or am I just not understanding something here? :confused:

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    High Times has an article about the vape mail ban. The first part of the article tells about how the various shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc) are refusing to transport vape "due to the increased complexity to ship those products".

But the article then goes on to say...

However, all is not totally lost...Shipping through private companies may still be allowed. Those organizations can get away with it because anything shipped through their channels requires a signature.
    Well wait a second...

1) UPS, Fedex, and DHL are private companies, are they not? Yes, as far as I can tell, these are "private companies". The government does not own these companies!

2) UPS, Fedex, and DHL could just require adult signature like they do for other products already, can they not? The answer here is yes!

So what does High Times mean that "private companies" can "get away" with shipping vape products because they are "private" and because they already require signatures for deliveries?

It just seems like a bunch of BS written by "authors" who aren't very knowledge about that which they write.

My understanding was UPS Fedx DHL are voluntarily refusing to ship vape products, due to the increased complexity to ship those products, not mandated by regulation. Only USPS is mandated due to the new regulations.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

A bit of both. Sure they will require signatures. But the government also requires paperwork from where it was shipped from, description of the contains, and who it is being shipped to. Any mistake in the paperwork and now you have the government riding your .....

Worse, the government now has a list who the suppliers are and who are the users. And just one T not crossed and one I not dotted and everybody could be in trouble. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

It's being discussed in the video @CAAB posted. I suggest you watch it.
    As per last thread again, I liked this video from Grimm Green that sort of summed up the current state of B2B and B2C shipping options and potential new options.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread