US Vapers - Will you stop just because the government tells you to?

US Vapers - Will you quit vaping just because the goverment tells you to?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyl66

Jun 19, 2009
What I can't believe is that the FDA (and other anti smoking groups) bang on and on about nicotine and how it should be reduced. Whereas smoking nicotine is about as bad for you as drinking a cup of coffee. Okay, its addictive, but it isn't cancer causing. The cigarette companies LOVE you to buy low nicotine cigarettes, because you smoke MORE of them.

It certainly is looking like the FDA will ban E_cigs, basically because they work hand in hand with drug companies (we're talking major big bucks), and what's the point of a cigarette that doesn't give you cancer. A single lung cancer patient gives the drug companies somewhere in the region of $200,000. Why would any company want to reduce that? They have a vested interest in you getting lung cancer.

What will the American people do when the FDA ban them? Which is tantamount to the US government putting a gun to all your heads and pulling the trigger. You'll do what you ALWAYS do, you'll lie down and accept it, just like the little robots you've all been programmed to be. Hell, if the US government told you all that the govt had run out of money so you've all got to die tomorrow. You'd all form an orderly queue at the local murder station so you could get gassed. After all, your govt knows what's best for you doesn't it?

The rest of the free world enjoys free health care, you're the richest country on the entire planet and you have to pay! The rest of the developed world has free education for all, you are made to pay. Yeah, America the land of the free - what a joke, free to be in debt, free to tow the line, free to do as you are told. The American dream - if you work really, really hard you might make that happen for your boss!!!

So yes, when the ban comes - just go and form an orderly queue at the ciggie shop. After all your govenment wants you dead. So you'd better run off and OBEY them!

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
I've began stocking up for just such an emergency. If I have to hide and treat it like a joint, I will. I doubt it will ever get to that tho - more likely to become another huge tax "cow".

I think it's quite possible that the FDA is a compromised agency, in the "back pocket" of big tobacco. Easy to imagine that big tobacco is violently against ecigs. Of course, they could branch out to making juice to help gain the loss of analog smokers. Kind of like the phone companies started offering internet service.

All I know is that I have successfully quit smoking for the first time in my life and won't easily give that accomplishment up!

Cheers-

Rick

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
If the FDA or any other branch of the government makes this option for replacing cigarettes unavailable, harder to get, or outrageously more expensive, I will sue them. Is there already a class action suit? I've signed a couple of petitions but don't recall seeing anything about moves towards any kind of suit... anyone know? Linkages?

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Yes, I would. The Government is all knowing, all seeing, almost God like (and God is gonna take care of THAT loophole soon). We're nothing more than ants to this powerful organization.

I would also bend over and take it up the *** if Uncle Sam felt horny enough.

Now, where do you keep that sarcastic smiley?

Last edited:

Lildeer223

Jul 15, 2009
SE Texas
FDA ought to ban cigarettes but they won't because the tobacco industry helps finance them...which is bad for those of us who have found ecigs because ecig industry will have to pay off the FDA to keep them legal. Which to me means I better learn to make my own batteries, atomizers and juice...then of course that will probably be illegal too. Hey though, I recently read an article about a guy who has started growing his own tobacco, for personal use...it won't be ready to smoke for a couple years and takes quite a chunk of land to grow enough but apparently it is legal, so far. Of course if too many start to do it then it will become illegal real quick, I'm sure.
Vaping since 6/22/09 :)

aidenunder

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
florida - palm harbor
FDA ought to ban cigarettes but they won't because the tobacco industry helps finance them...which is bad for those of us who have found ecigs because ecig industry will have to pay off the FDA to keep them legal. Which to me means I better learn to make my own batteries, atomizers and juice...then of course that will probably be illegal too. Hey though, I recently read an article about a guy who has started growing his own tobacco, for personal use...it won't be ready to smoke for a couple years and takes quite a chunk of land to grow enough but apparently it is legal, so far. Of course if too many start to do it then it will become illegal real quick, I'm sure.
Vaping since 6/22/09 :)
The fda is going against themselves for this .. they should just legalize weed and control that so they can get off our backs maybe if that is legal they can make more $$ and trust me they will if they price it right ;)

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Will still vape,,,Doesn't make a difference what they do,, not going to change a thing, business will go on just like it does.. I went looking for purchasing tobacco seeds and found many USA websites stating that because of new government regulations they could no longer sell them.. So I order from an overseas website thinking they were coming from overseas.. NOPE,, I had to laugh they came from TX no business indication on it.. .. Pretty sweet move for a slip of the hand.. They not able to enforce the BS they put out on paper,,, I can see them trying to put some one in jail or fine them for having nicotine products when they are still being sold openly ... Guess American's have gotten too weak over the years to allow the Government to get so cocky..

I listen to a bunch a parents saying it was ok for the schools to do strip searches on their childern?? I was appauled that they accepted it.. NO way in h*LL would I stand for that ... NONE TRAINED idiots strip searching your kids just because they feel they have the right to when they want too... What is wrong with people....................................................

Vapr_Life

Moved On
Jul 21, 2009
Newfane NY
www.vaprlife.com
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Humm. Yesterday I heard a nationally syndicated talk show host say that vaporizers are illegal. The show was about drugs. Now this forum discussion. I'm getting concerned.

Question. How long can I store e-liquid and under what conditions? If I stock up I don't want a bunch of weak - no nicotine juice 6 mos down the road. Any answers?

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but it's all about the money with the government, (sorry, no capital G for you) They don't do what is in the best interest for the people including the children. They do what is in the best interest of the people that are lining their pockets. I will be with HDbanger on the frontline when the Revolution comes. Although the device will NOT be banned, the juice with nicotine may be regulated. Anyway the government has become a puppet show, and needs a bigger change than Obama is bringing. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread