USA FedEx Charging Duties Tax on Order from ESG?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
Just received a letter from FedEx and they want me to pay a Duties Tax on an order from ESG!
$1.46 - Customs Duty
$20.00 - US FDA Admin Processing Fee
$7.00 - Advancement Fee
$28.46 - Total

First they hold my order for 3 days and now this!
What really bugs me the most, I talked to FedEx twice when they where holding it, and they never once mentioned I would be hit with this!! Shame on you FedEx!!

Getting GG internationally is starting to get costly.

Nothing against ESG, the service and support has been top notch in my book! Same with Bitfumo and The Golden Greek store in Spain. But I really hope Imeo finds a dependable and just as supportive shop in the USA for the GG products and spare parts.

OK, I'm done venting,,, vape on people! :)

Reactions: mudmanc4

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Just received a letter from FedEx and they want me to pay a Duties Tax on an order from ESG!
$1.46 - Customs Duty
$7.00 - Advancement Fee
$28.46 - Total

What really bugs me the most, I talked to FedEx twice when they where holding it, and they never once mentioned I would be hit with this!! Shame on you FedEx!!

Nothing against ESG, the service and support has been top notch in my book! Same with Bitfumo and The Golden Greek store in Spain. But I really hope Imeo finds a dependable and just as supportive shop in the USA for the GG products and spare parts.

OK, I'm done venting,,, Vape on people! :)
I hear you

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
as far as I know, ESG do not sell tax free for non-EU customers, and that's the problem: many will be taxed twice and that's really really not good.
Many online EU shops manage properly VAT, including some GG sellers, unfortunatly not yet ESG for some reasons. I really hope it'll change since the price tag is significant

Reactions: imeothanasis

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
$1.46 - Customs Duty
$7.00 - Advancement Fee
$28.46 - Total

OK, I'm done venting,,, Vape on people! :)
I've been stuck with this too in the past. It's the $20.00 FDA "processing" fee that hits my nerve. WTH are they processing??

mrZoSo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
GA, USA
I looked up that fee. It's for biologics...
Not questioning what you found, but how do you know that the processing fee is for biologics?
Nothing is mentioned about biologics on the paper work they sent me.

I don't understand. What does biologics have to do with metal parts?
According to FDA:
Biological products include a wide range of products such as vaccines, blood and blood components, allergenics, somatic cells, gene therapy, tissues, and recombinant therapeutic proteins. Biologics can be composed of sugars, proteins, or nucleic acids or complex combinations of these substances, or may be living entities such as cells and tissues.

So, What does biologics have to do with metal parts?
Going by the above, it should have absolutely nothing to do with metal parts!

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
as far as I know, ESG do not sell tax free for non-EU customers, and that's the problem: many will be taxed twice and that's really really not good.
Many online EU shops manage properly VAT, including some GG sellers, unfortunatly not yet ESG for some reasons. I really hope it'll change since the price tag is significant

AFAIK it's not ESG's choice, it's the Greek government. The Greek government forces sellers I Greece to provide tax receipts for all sales and never considered how that may impact online vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread