USA Manufactured PV (From CaSH and Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
We've been running 2 Tenergy 750mAh LiFePO4 for roughly about a month. Same set, zero issues on their own *specific* charger, and the generic that charges 18650's and RCR's.

The 2 RCR's are run, inline, the 18650 is not. Neither is charged inline, both are charged on their own. Hope that clears some stuff up.

Will make a vid tonight of the prodigy, outlining some stuff, and getting a video made of using both batteries, etc...

-Steve

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
We've been running 2 Tenergy 750mAh LiFePO4 for roughly about a month. Same set, zero issues on their own *specific* charger, and the generic that charges 18650's and RCR's.

The 2 RCR's are run, inline, the 18650 is not. Neither is charged inline, both are charged on their own. Hope that clears some stuff up.

Will make a vid tonight of the prodigy, outlining some stuff, and getting a video made of using both batteries, etc...

-Steve

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Excellent STEVE!!! Can't wait! Thank you!!!

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I'd think that may only apply to running 6v+... I use carts sometimes on the SD and, while you have to top if off occasionally, the carts work fine on 3.7v.

Oh good, Walrus!!! That's what I want. I'm not used to doing the dripping thing. I'll try it though, since I know it's safe on these.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
A video showing performance and the basics of the prodigy would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Excellent STEVE!!! Can't wait! Thank you!!!

Video is uploading now :) I hate making vids ... Especially on a Sunday, when I'm just wearing comfy clothes, but I made it :) Should be up within an hour or two ... upload process is mighty slow :D

Is it okay on the 18650's with the 901s???

Yes, definitely ... I believe what Jo meant to say was using cartridges running 6v+ may have issues. Using carts using 3.7v power should have no issues .. :)

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hey Steve

Wandering in quite late on this (been away for a couple of days) and don't have the heart to read the prior 300 posts. I mean come on, 2 days away and the thread jumps 300? Anyhoo, what I need to know is, how do us UK bods get ahold of a Prodigy? Will Simon be carrying some units? Or do I have to come up with a reason for a 'business' trip?

Either/or sorta deal, but it's kinda hard to get away at the moment.

Wevva, my most munificent felicitations to you and Mrs Cash, and your infant prodigy (see what I did there?)

Emp

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Steve, and through your testing, you have never ever had the button get pushed in your pocket or anything, right? Is it pretty recessed and hard for that to happen?

Lucky, I keep it in my pocket 100% of the time. The button is recessed, so unless something in your pocket or outside of your pocket actually pokes the button (running in to the corner of a table) and you just happen to hit the exact spot as the button, it will never turn on. I have never had it once happen. THe mouthpiece always falls off in my pocket because I normally use one of the soft rubber ones, but nothing else happens within the pocket ... It is recessed roughly .5 - 1 mm ...

Hey Steve

Wandering in quite late on this (been away for a couple of days) and don't have the heart to read the prior 300 posts. I mean come on, 2 days away and the thread jumps 300? Anyhoo, what I need to know is, how do us UK bods get ahold of a Prodigy? Will Simon be carrying some units? Or do I have to come up with a reason for a 'business' trip?

Either or sort of a deal, but it's kinda hard to get away at the moment.

Wevva, my most munificent felicitations to you and Mrs Cash, and your infant prodigy (see what I did there?)

Emp

Haha ... Hey Emp ...

Simon will indeed be getting quite a bit within the next few weeks and will be carrying the exact same prodigy we have. I need to shoot that guy an email to make an announcement on it!!!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I have a question about the USBpass, and I can't remember if it has been addressed in this thread yet. Frankly, I don't have the time to read through it again.

Will they be available for other atomizer types in the future? To be specific, I'm hoping for one for the Pilot.

Hey Ninja!

Yes ... The 401 and 510 will be the first 2 USBpass' made outside of the standard 901/801 ... :)

ninjapuff

Nov 28, 2008
Hey Ninja!

Yes ... The 401 and 510 will be the first 2 USBpass' made outside of the standard 901/801 ... :)

Awesome, thanks! I think that may be my next ecig purchase then, and in the mean time I may try my hand at making my own version of a Prodigy. Not that the Prodigy doesn't look like an awesome product... I guess I'm just a DIY kind of guy.

I have another idea for a mod that may play well with the USBpass, but I'll pm you the details because it may be something you're interested in producing yourself.

By the way, I'm guessing you've tested 401 atomizers on your Prodigy prototype... how well does the 401 handle 6+ volts?

Thanks again!

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Awesome, thanks! I think that may be my next ecig purchase then, and in the mean time I may try my hand at making my own version of a Prodigy. Not that the Prodigy doesn't look like an awesome product... I guess I'm just a DIY kind of guy.

I have another idea for a mod that may play well with the USBpass, but I'll pm you the details because it may be something you're interested in producing yourself.

By the way, I'm guessing you've tested 401 atomizers on your Prodigy prototype... how well does the 401 handle 6+ volts?

Thanks again!

Sounds good Ninja :)

As far as the 401 at 6v+ ... no no no ... haha ... The only atomizer I think built to actually take the strain of 6v, is the Pen atomizer, and perhaps a Cigar atomizer.

Both the 401 and 510 are too small to run at 6v ... I mean you can, the liquid will just burn through quickly and the throat hit will be like molten glass going down!

If making your own ... especially for the 401 ... keep it at 5v or below. 4-5v should be perfect ... :) ... have fun! Soldering is ALMOST as fun as MIG welding ... key word ... almost!!! I need a project car, i miss my fun welding days ... :(

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Haha ... Hey Emp ...

Simon will indeed be getting quite a bit within the next few weeks and will be carrying the exact same prodigy we have. I need to shoot that guy an email to make an announcement on it!!!

Oh that's just super! I've been checking his site everyday for weeks now and well, nuttin...

Had more fun when you two were just guys on the forum (but it was no fun at all getting my stuff from China by registered goat)

I await developments with keen interest...

Emp

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
I was waiting for the video till 2am last night, and just found this. :D
Thank you, Steve, for uploading the video. 6v might be just the one I'm looking for. I want lower nic juice with as much of throat hit as possible. It does look like it's a good ol USA muscle car of all e-cigs with SW light saber look. (especially the bigger prototype w/ LED) - may the force be with you! ;)

Seriously... I'm one of those who try my best to wait a few weeks - at least few reviews and some updates come up before I purchase anything.... but you are making it so hard for me...! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread