USB 3.0 + eGo charger = bad...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviate3s

Jan 2, 2014
Portland, OR
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it seems I fried my eGo charger by plugging it into the front USB 3.0 port on my new PC case. It was the standard charger with about a 7" cable between the USB and 510 plugs (BLOW branded). Whereas the red LED used to remain on during charging then turn green when done, now it flashes red and will intermittently switch to green and doesn't seem to be charging much/at all. I left my 650mah battery on there for 6 hours and it went from 2/5 to 3/5.

Part of the reason I'm bringing this up is just as a heads-up to everyone. The only thread I saw in here when searching "USB 3.0" was basically "it should work..." Obviously I can't say emphatically that USB 3.0 killed my charger, but it was only about a week old and had been functioning flawlessly right up until that point. Needless to say I'm not going to plug in my new replacement charger just for the sake of science and having a larger sample size.

The other part is to see if anyone knows of a USB charger that will work with 3.0. Using an AC-USB adapter is not an option, unfortunately, and the front USB 3.0 ports on my PC are by far the easiest access points I have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread