USB from bestecig.com does not work at ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Found it! RN4075...

yes the chinese Bestecig and wayns from HG are the cooler running DSE type..

the coloured ones from western sellers are mostly the RN type..

the RN type are a slighly smaller diameter.. the bestecig carts are too tight a fit.. which is a shame cos the old type single piece carts are nicer to top up..

the other way around the carts are too loose..

the other thing we have noticed is the batteries.. the wall thickness on the latest RN ones is very thin.. its far easier to jiggle the press fit brass ends out of them than it used to be.. a few jiggles and a gentle tug and out they come..

trog

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
I mix and mach all my penstyle from Beci and others and they work and the chargers work. Is there a differance in a DSE901 and a DSE901B?

It's black. That is the only difference I have heard.

The polarity reversal was to have been on some of the first shipments they had out. I had read something to the effect that problem had been corrected. It is possible that might have been one of those reversed though. Just odd that both units do not work.

Found the link, This was on a discussion about a different model. So the 901 might not have been affected.

http://64.22.97.159/~smokey/forum/showthread.php?t=4056&highlight=polarity

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This is more common a problem then is reported because people just swap out atomizers till they find one that works.. An atomizer that has been used with a battery tends to tighten down the contact and hence when a USB passthough is screwed in it can not tighten down deep enough to make contact with the atomizer. You need to try an atomizer that a battery has never been place on and those passthoughs will fire right up. You could always try the wad of foil in the passthrough hole but I would not recommed that if you are going to plug into your computer as you do not want to fry the motherboard--give me a pm if you need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread