USB Passthrough and Portable Solar Charge USB Power Pack or PPP(Passthrough Power Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleamingsands

Jan 23, 2011
Florida
So give this a thought, have you been wanting the hit that comes from a Passthrough with the portability of an ecig? Give this a thought. What if you just bought a portable USB power pack? They have them, and boy are they cheap. Some of them even get a charge from the sun. Wouldn't it be interesting to be carrying a usb power pack on you if you need to charge something? This is actually an answer to alot of problems. You could easily charge your phone, ecigs, and w/e else with one of these things. I think this should be the accessory ecig stores should be recommending personally, but check it out for yourself.

Dtech Emergency External Rechargeable Solar Power Pack for PSP / MP3 / MP4 / DV / Cell Phone with 2-LED Light and USB 2.0 4-Port Hub (Support 1TB HDD) $12.26 Free Shipping

Now just imagine that with a passthrough. You would be in vapor heaven!
This is just an example of a passthrough in case you don't know what they are!

Volcano ecigarette USB Pass-through

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Funny, because my DC 5v 1500mah solar charger just came in today and I just tried my 5v usb passthrough. It works, but barely. it's not as powerful as it is powered from the wall or computer, and is inconsistent. Maybe somebody out there had better luck with another solar charger. I bought this one: Amazon.com: Premium Solar Charger - Ultra Thin Solar Powered Backup Battery and Charger for Cell Phones, iPhone, iPod, and Any USB Powered Device - Also Includes Built-in LED Reading Light and Window / Windshield Suction Cups: Electronics . It charges my android phone very quickly though.

Gleamingsands

Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Odd that it doesn't get a very good hit, but perhaps it's not regulated properly. Have you tried discharging and recharging the product, the problem with solar power is you ruin the power of a battery if you don't fully discharge and fully charge the battery every time. And you'd have to expect to have to pay top dollar for a good one if it's solar, but maybe a usb charger pack that runs on 4 AAA batteries could be used for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread