USB passthrough battery for M401

Status
Not open for further replies.

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I just ordered an M401 last night. I saw a USB passthrough battery for the 901 at Puresmoker, and thought that was neat idea, except I'm not sure if that will fit my M401. I searched through the M401 accessories at Litecig but didn't see it there. Does anyone know where else I can look, or if such a device even exists?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
A passthrough battery is an ecig you smoke directly off your computer. Yes, Puresmoker does carry those. I have not seen a 401 passthrough battery yet.

A USB charger just charges your device. They make those for several models.

So a 901 passthrough battery has nothing to do with your 401. 2 different animals. Now if you're looking for a 401 charger, well, I don't know where those are but maybe someone else does.

Lu

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Well from what I see there are two different products available:

- An entire USB e-cig, which is what you describe: an e-cig that plugs into a USB port.

- A separate product seems to be an accessory device that screws onto your e-cig in place of the battery, and that has a wire coming out of it that goes to your USB port. That lets you use a regular 901 without its actual battery, and use USB power instead.

The second product is what I'm curious about. If 901 and 401 batteries are interchangeable, then that device will probably also fit my 401. Does anyone know if that's the case?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Well from what I see there are two different products available:

- An entire USB e-cig, which is what you describe: an e-cig that plugs into a USB port.

- A separate product seems to be an accessory device that screws onto your e-cig in place of the battery, and that has a wire coming out of it that goes to your USB port. That lets you use a regular 901 without its actual battery, and use USB power instead.

The second product is what I'm curious about. If 901 and 401 batteries are interchangeable, then that device will probably also fit my 401. Does anyone know if that's the case?

This is bizarre to me. Can you show a pic of it?

Lu

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Unfortunately as a new user the forum doesn't let me post links or images. If you go to Puresmoker and put MIN901PASSUSB in the search you can see it.

The photo shows that it's a device that looks like a battery and attaches to the cig the same way, only it has a wire coming out of it that goes to USB. So it's continually powered as you smoke.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The usb passthrough consists of a usb attachment to your computer port, a wire, and a battery looking thing that you connect your atomizer and cart to. That is what I tried to explain in my first post to you. It ends up looking like an ecig when put together.

I am getting confused because you are making it sound like there are 2 different devices when I can't find that at all on that site. At this time, there is only one device that smokes directly off the computer and that is the usb passthrough (that I can see anyway).

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I just thought there was either something new there that I wasn't seeing...or you might have been confused about something.

There is nothing that screws into an ecig in place of the battery. The stand alones have a batt, an atomizer and a cartridge. The usb passthrough has to be connected to an atomizer and cart. Just thought you might have been looking for something that doesn't exist.

No problem :)

Lu

Danny

Jan 1, 2009
USA
Actually I know what your talking about (the 2nd device that isn't the USB passthru battery). But it's not on puresmoker... that's where the confusion was I think. Its on litecigusa. I can't post links but if you copy this:

litecigusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=95

...and paste it in your address bar that's the page it's on...

That's what you were talking about, right?

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
Actually I know what your talking about (the 2nd device that isn't the USB passthru battery). But it's not on puresmoker... that's where the confusion was I think. Its on litecigusa. I can't post links but if you copy this:

litecigusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=95

...and paste it in your address bar that's the page it's on...

That's what you were talking about, right?

Ah yeah that's where I saw it. Now I know I'm not completely insane. Thanks Danny :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
They are the same type of device. They both smoke off the usb port....only on puresmoker's you need to add the atomizer...litecig's must contain the atomizer (probably like the ones on ecig.com).

Puresmoker says: "Allows user to hook up atomizer directly to a USB source and vape without the use of a battery."

Litecig says "The mini usb e-cigarette does not require any batteries at all. It is fully powered via usb port on your computer or any other usb connection so u always have full power without the hassle of having to always have a charged battery on hand.

2 devices powered by usb...not a battery....perhaps given different names.....but serving the same purpose.

Get it?

So why do I feel like these words will fall on deaf ears and I will be accused of not being a very nice person again? :?:

Lu

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
So why do I feel like these words will fall on deaf ears...

Because you're just restating what's already been said. I said there are two USB devices available, one a complete cig and one an attachment that goes in place of a battery. You argued with me. Now you're repeating what I originally said. Do you want a cookie?

Sorry if I got mean. You bring it out in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread